Page 77 of 77 FirstFirst ... 72 73 74 75 76 77
Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 1920
    Looking good, CS!
    Planning on hitting Leavitt on Saturday. Hope the snow lasts this heat wave.

Was just on Leavitt Tuesday, wet slides and roller balls off the crest (3 separate occurrences just above your skins track) made me call it off at about 11:30 am. Was pretty warm up there.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Super high winds sat, but looks like a good day Sunday if there is still snow... https://www.mountain-forecast.com/pe...forecasts/3527
    Can also confirm it was good last weekend

Yup, gonna get at it early morning. Twin Lakes/Matterhorn Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by davjr96 View Post
    Super high winds sat, but looks like a good day Sunday if there is still snow... https://www.mountain-forecast.com/pe...forecasts/3527
    Can also confirm it was good last weekend

Solstice Couloir off Mt Dana and Banana Chute in Ellery Bowl were good fun on Friday.

Headed back up to that zone again today.

I was surprised how much snow is still up there but it won't last much longer.

Full Report:

https://snowbrains.com/trip-report-m...tice-couloir1/

Quote Originally Posted by Gopher View Post
    Solstice Couloir off Mt Dana and Banana Chute in Ellery Bowl were good fun on Friday.

Headed back up to that zone again today.
    Get it, gopher!

Sent from my SM-J737T1 using Tapatalk

Gopher good to see ya getting after it once again this "spring"! I will live vicariously through you...

BTW you gotta try the e-skate self-shuttle from Ellery sometime!

Actually... it seems like the e-bike is the way to go. We were up there last year when the road was clear but the gate hadn't been opened, and at least 3 parties e-biked up to Ellery from the closure down low and said it was a piece of cake. I tried it with the e-skate and it actually *just barely* made it from the gate to Ellery dam. Then on the way back down the the regenerative braking charged the battery halfway back up again!

bump! any input on the current elevation of the skeeter hatch? thx

on the book of faces today TPR says they may open June 15 and SLR says water taxi July 2 - both are COVID pending
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    on the book of faces today TPR says they may open June 15 and SLR says water taxi July 2 - both are COVID pending
    whoa, is TPR back in business?!? That's awesome news!!!

Since I thought it was terminal, and others might have as well, here's an update from Feb on the Bookface.

Now...if they bring back winter lodging...I'll really lose my mind!!

Well...here you go. The somewhat overdue TPR update:
    Please understand that for some time now all TPR-related roads have lead to me, and there's TONS to deal with...plus I sort of have a life. So my apologies for emails and such have gone unanswered. This process has been and continues to be a stressful one, and has resulted in me largely keeping my head down until the day arrived where I/we could begin to relay news of significant progress and a brighter future was, at least, somewhat visible on the horizon.
    The 2017 damage event created a call to action to not only repair the specific damage we sustained, but to ultimately pursue a holistic restoration and fortification of the resort so as to put it on an indefinitely sustainable trajectory for the future. No expense has been spared in doing so.
    The scope of work undertaken thus far is too expansive to fully list here. But as these pictures suggest, it has been truly ground up. This includes full new foundations under the lodge + multiple cabins...large scale log replacement/reconstruction...full new floor systems...etc, etc. Large scale re-plumbing has also been undertaken.
    A lot has gotten done, but there is a lot more to do. What if anything we may be able to offer this coming season remains an unknown. We must balance our sincere wish to get back to serving the public with the fact that doing so will naturally hamper our ability to continue certain work on the resort. In a perfect world, we are hoping to offer limited lodging and food this season on an as-available basis...but we’ll have to see how the balance of the winter and other factors play out. Unfortunately, we really won't know until were almost "there."
    Whatever the timeline, TPR is going to be a different place moving forward. We envision a revitalized and more diverse resort with a greater focus on outdoor food & beverage service inclusive of updated fare, locally brewed beer on tap, and a well-curated wine selection. But such will take time to evolve over the coming seasons. You're going to have to wait a while on the meat loaf & pie folks.
    Please continue to follow us here for updates, and thanks for your continued patience and support.
    @tiogadave
    http://www.tiogapassresort.com/?fbcl...QmLBgj5E7LEHNk
    sproing!

@tiogadave owns both TPR and SLR
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Connie y from a bit ago

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5089.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	331308Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5132.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	331309Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5079.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	1,020.8 KB 
ID:	331310Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5083.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	976.6 KB 
ID:	331311

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Sadly a fatality on North Couloir of Humphreys. Be safe out there, stay healthy.

https://snowbrains.com/skier-found-d...ar-bishop-ca1/

Rockfall everywhere around Whitney Portal and the major peaks out of Lone Pine. I’m hearing sheriffs and CHP are investigating now.

Fingers crossed for minimum casualties

https://mobile.twitter.com/dezabedro...60637571256321

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Damn couldn't imagine being on the Mountaineers route then. And according to earthquaketrack that was 10:40 am. Yikes!
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Bump because while the tide may be out this thread has too many good photos and TRs to retire.

North Peak's North Couloirs are not recommended.

Trip report from yesterday:

https://snowbrains.com/trip-report-n...ng-that-again/
    'on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that goin' for me,....which is nice!

there's another report from North Peak couloirs in the current eastside bc thread.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...ierra-BC-21-22
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Wrong thread jong :firedevil:

Sent from my BE2015 using Tapatalk