Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Worst Thanksgiving?

My wife is still crying. Awesome family. Pack of wolves.

Edit:no disrespect to wolves intended.

Edit2: we just left one of the kids hoop games and got to the parking lot where her car was still running. Good thing we're at a prep school not Our Lady of Guadalupe in Holyoke.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Does the whole weekend count? If it does, this year is definitely my worst:
    That reeks of ass over tea kettle. Plates and screws ... so sorry my man.

At least it's now and not during the throws of the ski season. Broke 2 collar bones in 11months, surgery both times...back on snow in 6 weeks.....heel up.

This was the best Thanksgiving ever for me. Didn't ski, but went to the inlaws farm in FL...they are horse ppl. Tractors, quads, horses, dogs and easy an going time.

Wrote my god son to ask how our family side t-day was going...his response "boring, I'm sneaking beers out of the back fridge"....good kid. Back home w/o my wife so I'm taking him out tonight. 17yo at a holiday with all older adults sucks...felt bad leaving him but I knew that game to well. Glad he mad the most out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    Not a fast learner, are you?
    no but I'm a fast forgetter and getting faster

oh shit man.

bummer

Pretty much confined to a recliner. Earliest hope for surgery is Tuesday, gonna be a long couple days. Thank God for vape carts.

Well tell us what happened.

B
    Tony Romo?

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Well tell us what happened.
    Dirt jumping on my bmx bike. Freak crash on the setup jump before the "real" jumps.

Hey Tony Romo is a mag!
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post

Given that your wife is hospitalized for a food-borne illness, and you're pushing the food safety envelope with an $8 food thermometer, you might want to get on the list for a couple new livers while you're serving pink meat turkey to your friends.

ouch...busted collarbone? heal well.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Dirt jumping on my bmx bike. Freak crash on the setup jump before the "real" jumps.
    Oh dang. Heal up man, when do you think you should be good to get out again?

I was starting to learn how to dj this past spring but decided to stop this summer because I got scared I was going to wreck myself and with a real deal El Nino winter forecasted I didn't want to do that.

I can't think of a bad Thanksgiving but I'm sure there have been some very uneventful ones over the years. I do remember on though for being one of the best. I hope it's ok if I share that on here.

T-Day 98, my first season in Jackson Hole. We had some snow and base, not a lot but pretty good up high so I went up for my first day on the pass. It was blue bird and there was beautiful surface hoars sparkling on top of 8 or so inches of well set up powder. I was solo so I figured that it was appropriate to center punch Little Tucks since no one had skied it yet and no one was around (what a dumb ass kid I was) but I got away with it and then put a booter up it and went for seconds. After skiing I went to my buddies place where we had a sick ass feast and massive joints were passed around the whole time during dinner. It was rad.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingArizona View Post
    Oh dang. Heal up man, when do you think you should be good to get out again?

I was starting to learn how to dj this past spring but decided to stop this summer because I got scared I was going to wreck myself and with a real deal El Nino winter forecasted I didn't want to do that.
    Mid-Jan with surgery. It was a seriously freak wreck, but explaining it is more than I can type one-handed lefty.

Mid-Jan with surgery. It was a seriously freak wreck, but explaining it is more than I can type one-handed lefty.
    That's not so bad, in fact that's when it usually just starts to get good.

Shit happens and realizing that was why I stopped riding the park this year.

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    Given that your wife is hospitalized for a food-borne illness, and you're pushing the food safety envelope with an $8 food thermometer, you might want to get on the list for a couple new livers while you're serving pink meat turkey to your friends.
    no hospitalization for usual case of hep A. She ate herself a nice turkey dinner, just didn't cook it. (She's a hell of a nurse to--she had to give our 6 year old kid a gamma globulin shot and he never even woke up.) And let's get our microbiology straight--hep A=virus, in this case from oysters. Undercooked meat generally enteric bacteria, most commonly E coli or salmonella. New liver not required. And besides I only buy free range organic turkeys that are raised individually by the farmer's kids, eat at his kitchen table, and are sterilely slaughtered and cleaned by a veterinarian so no chance of getting sick.

Just wait til you have to wipe. Worst part about right-handed injuries.

I was 17, and got invited to Thanksgiving dinner with my girlfriend's family. I had met her mom and dad, but no one else so this dinner would mean meeting the whole family for the first time. We'd only been dating a few months, so I was really uncomfortable going in, but being young and happy to have someone touching my wee-wee frequently, I agreed to go.

We show up for dinner and there are 30+ people there. I get introduced to, and immediately forget the names of, everyone there. The booze starts flowing and her family gets trashed in a hurry. I suffer through small talk with her aunts/uncles, and then dinner is served. About 20 minutes into the meal my girlfriend's mother gets into an argument with her grandma. The argument escalates, my girlfriend tries to intervene which only makes things worse. A scuffle ensues between the women, other people jump in and in the process of breaking it up most of the food is spilled on the floor/table.

My girlfriend grabs my hand, screams "Fuck all of you, we're leaving!" and I muttered an awkward "Nice to meet you all..." on the way out the door. Got a bj later, so it wasn't all bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeStrummer
    The universe that is a vehicle is a funny and delicate thing. I fucked my wife in the back seat of our Saab in the parking lot before a Social D / Superchunk show at Red Rocks. After that the radio never worked again.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Everyone has their own priorities I guess.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    OG on top of it.

Edit to add this short thread is well on its way to HOF status. Well dun all.
    watch out for snakes

I can't remember a bad Thanksgiving either but this reminds me of a few years ago I was working an overtime shift at the FD in southern santa fe county. We got a psychiatric call first thing in the AM and upon arrival turns out it was an elderly lady at the local retirement home who had been eating her own feces and was completely covered in it as well. I found it ironic that was our first call on Thanksgiving.
    My suggestion to the med crew was hey she's stable lets clean her up first before you put her in the med. The more senior medic just wants to get going so we load her up and once we get her in there it smells even worse than you can imagine. He sticks the probe in the back to do pt care and he gets in the front to drive. One of the bigger dick moves Ive seen...
    Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    We don't make those skis specifically for Andy, but we make them specifically for kick-ass skiers like Andy who use them in freeride comps and the everyday comp where they compete against themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Crock View Post
    My girlfriend grabs my hand, screams "Fuck all of you, we're leaving!" and I muttered an awkward "Nice to meet you all..." on the way out the door. Got a bj later, so it wasn't all bad.
    see, that sounds like a great day to me
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    I have found that the use of your non-dominant hand really enhances the effects of the "stranger".

Quote Originally Posted by cptpowder View Post
    I can't remember a bad Thanksgiving either but this reminds me of a few years ago I was working an overtime shift at the FD in southern santa fe county. We got a psychiatric call first thing in the AM and upon arrival turns out it was an elderly lady at the local retirement home who had been eating her own feces and was completely covered in it as well. I found it ironic that was our first call on Thanksgiving.
    My suggestion to the med crew was hey she's stable lets clean her up first before you put her in the med. The more senior medic just wants to get going so we load her up and once we get her in there it smells even worse than you can imagine. He sticks the probe in the back to do pt care and he gets in the front to drive. One of the bigger dick moves Ive seen...
    Jesus titty fucking christ man.