Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Carrying a Gun—A Little Extreme, Don't You Think?

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    What about bulging arm muscles? Are those guns banned too?
    Nope I own 2 of those guns myself
    skid luxury

Carrying for protection from wolves while skiing is highly suggested.

That A frame will be ripe for a slaughter.
    You know it's actually pathetic that I thought of that too even awhile ago

The way everyone gets at each other here I was thinking BBI would be the perfect place for one of the butthurt pricks here to take out a ton of people that gave them shit on the internet
    Kinda sad but I don't live in fear

I also grew up without any guns around so it's just a weird concept for me.
    He who pays the money makes da rules and the house is in my name so I mak-a that rule
    skid luxury

Oh I do have one gun though
    Causes mass intimidation with my dogs. Very effective
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1448476374.481482.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	789.3 KB 
ID:	172377
    skid luxury

dang

thats borderline animal cruelty
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

yea that little squirt of water is so inhumane
    not more inhumane than the people that wanted to put that dog down bc he barked so much before he came to live with us

the dog doesnt know whether thats a real gun or not

he fears it just the same
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    the dog doesnt know whether thats a real gun or not

he fears it just the same
    no he fears getting squirted with water
    before that I had a small dolphin bath toy squinter that my niece left at my house and that was also effective except that it didn't hold the water well

good try though

Quote Originally Posted by baby bear View Post
    You know it's actually pathetic that I thought of that too even awhile ago

The way everyone gets at each other here I was thinking BBI would be the perfect place for one of the butthurt pricks here to take out a ton of people that gave them shit on the internet
    Kinda sad but I don't live in fear

I also grew up without any guns around so it's just a weird concept for me.
    He who pays the money makes da rules and the house is in my name so I mak-a that rule
    Really? Dam, I was kidding.

I don't carry a gun and I have never felt the need even though I've lived in some sketchy areas. The essay dd linked is nice in spirit but all of those other "non-lethal" weapons the author described will get most people maimed or killed if they tried to use them against a determined thug. The only truly defensive weapon listed would be pepper spray and even that has dubious effectiveness in the hands of a frightened victim. Your best bet is just being aware of your surroundings and knowing when to walk away.

Really? Dam, I was kidding.
    I figured you were joking, but yea I had that thought awhile ago when there was another mass shooting.
    good thing I'm not a maniac huh?

Baby Bear, sorry if I scared you. Check your PM. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Carrying for protection from wolves while skiing is highly suggested.
    THIS! There are packs of wolves within 250 miles of Alpental, what are you doing to prepare?

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Baby Bear, sorry if I scared you. Check your PM. thanks.
    no scaring- thanks tho
    just a gun wimp here
    I prefer taking my enemies down with the 5 point palm exploding heart technique

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    I don't carry a gun and I have never felt the need even though I've lived in some sketchy areas. The essay dd linked is nice in spirit but all of those other "non-lethal" weapons the author described will get most people maimed or killed if they tried to use them against a determined thug. The only truly defensive weapon listed would be pepper spray and even that has dubious effectiveness in the hands of a frightened victim. Your best bet is just being aware of your surroundings and knowing when to walk away.
    Did the essay mention spears? 'cause that's what I prefer to carry around. Come at me bro, you aint getting within 6' without getting stuck!

THIS! There are packs of wolves within 250 miles of Alpental, what are you doing to prepare?
    Shit, there's wolves around North Bend now. One was killed on i-90 last summer and another caught on game cam in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Plainview View Post
    Shit, there's wolves around North Bend now. One was killed on i-90 last summer and another caught on game cam in the area.
    those are just teenagers trying to figure out their unusual family pedigree
    Good basketball players

Quote Originally Posted by Plainview View Post
    fuck, we're doomed.

I'm bringing a flamethrower.

I won't tour with your JONG ass until you've taken at least Wolf Wrestling 1 & 2

I only pack when peak baggin.

I shot the fridge but I did not shot the toaster maaaan.
    watch out for snakes

Carrying a Gun—A Little Extreme, Don't You Think?

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    I shot the fridge but I did not shot the toaster maaaan.
    I thought you said you shot the toaster but it was in self defense?
    skid luxury

People have claimed to see wolves at Hyak recently
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

When I carry a gun it makes me 10-20x more aware of my surroundings. I'm far less oblivious about shit.
    This is the reality I have experienced. Shit is very serious when I have a weapon in my possession. It annoys the hell out of me that CA is so uptight about weapons, as in this crazy ass world, sometimes I would prefer to have a CCW to legally have a gun with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

I don't think most people who carry or own guns for protection are all their worried about their 'stuff' getting taken. I think they are more worried about having to helplessly endure a traumatic event; having their dignity, self esteem, sense of safety, and faith in humanity taken from them seems to be of greater concern. Most are neither blood thirsty nor on a power trip, although some are.

Have you ever tried to go through life as a physically attractive 90lb female? Yea, I'm sure she's worried about her 'stuff'. Ya know, physical safety?

Its also about the fact that while every rapist or non sexually violent POS on the planet has had a tough life and empathy and acceptance should be extended to them, that does nothing to change the fact that they are waving their own right to be free from being psychically injured by choosing to violate that same right when it belongs to someone else. You do not owe it to your attacker to defend yourself non violently or non lethally. I do not believe there is any moral or legal obligation to do so if someone puts your psychical safety at risk, especially since to attempt to do so puts you even more at risk. Lots of people in this world just suck, and if they choose to try and hurt others, then fuck them and their safety.

EDIT: I don't carry a gun, only time I ever have it was a just in case for wildlife. Moose and grizzly and mnt lion. I've seen wolves in the wild and I am not afraid.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.