Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sebascious cyst ruptured internally; holy shit this hurts

Sebascious cyst ruptured internally; holy shit this hurts

Three year old cyst, about the size of a dime, never gave me problems. I had an appointment it have it removed in two weeks. Then on Friday the fucker popped under my skin. I figured the body would clean it up; but no, instead I got raging inflammation and cellulitis, utter agony. Went to urgent care yesterday; doc sliced and diced while I screamed like a little pussy. Couldn't get the sac so I have to go back once the inflammation is under control. Antibiotics and hydrocodone for this last 24 hours have made it tolerable today.

Holy shit, if you have one of these cysts, get it removed pronto; this is some of the worst pain I've ever dealt with. Fuck!

I had this a few years ago. To make matters worse, something about the puss means that the anaesthetic doesn't work properly when they are cleaning it up. Yuk/ouch
    fur bearing, drunk, prancing eurosnob

It's not even he puss per say, it's the a idiotic environment from the infection. The non ionized form is necessary to cross the cell membrane. However the pKa of local anesthetics (weak base) is such that in an acidic environment there isn't very much drug in the ionized form (which is the form that acts to block inside the cell).

Now you all know.
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

no need to get every sebaceous cyst removed. Just don't wait if it gets infected, and if it does get infected the surgery should be minimal--just a quick incision, evacuate the contents but no attempt to remove the sac. I irrigate the cyst with some of the anesthetic which helps the pain. sounds like your infection was a lot worse than average.

pics oar it didnt happen
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    pics oar it didnt happen
    Monday:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1448729506.944578.jpg 
Views:	1497 
Size:	301.9 KB 
ID:	172507

Today:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1448729541.493793.jpg 
Views:	17161 
Size:	322.8 KB 
ID:	172508

I should have mentioned that once a cyst has been infected one of three things will happened after it's drained. One--the cyst keeps draining and has to be removed. Two--the drain site closes and the cyst grows back. Doesn't HAVE to be removed but usually a good idea rto keep it from getting infected again 3) wound heals up and cyst doesn't grow back because the infection destoyed the cyst wall. Doesn't need surgery.

How long you supposed to keep that drain in? A couple of days usually does it, then let the shower water wash it out.

Drain was in for two days ; my wife is wocn, so she's got my back (heh).

I estimate about a thimble-full of vile fluid got injected into my body when the cyst ruptured; immune response has been swift and harsh. I still have waves of chills/ fever, but it's getting better. Appointment with a surgeon on Weds.

Gnar. I have a problem with a few repetitive facial ingrown hairs, one got staph in it and swelled up overnight to the size of a large grape. Wow. Drain in cheek ext. Feel ya.

Dermatologists I have seen blow off the condition like it is minor, but I am sick of ingrown hairs and can't rock a beard.

Old Goat any Beta?

Sebascious cyst ruptured internally; holy shit this hurts

Btw, hydrocodone works like a fucking light switch , but wow does it give you racy brain. Took three in 24 hours, then done. Never again .
    Last edited by Flyoverland Captive; 11-29-2015 at 01:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crampedon View Post
    Gnar. I have a problem with a few repetitive facial ingrown hairs, one got staph in it and swelled up overnight to the size of a large grape. Wow. Drain in cheek ext. Feel ya.

Dermatologists I have seen blow off the condition like it is minor, but I am sick of ingrown hairs and can't rock a beard.

Old Goat any Beta?
    You could stay on a low dose of antibiotics indefinitely. I'd go with the beard.
    (It's some grass to tickle yer ass said Barnacle Bill the sailor.)

Looks ruff, glad you are on the mend. I had one years ago on my face, doc said he had to get the duct that was causin it to grow oar it wood come back. Long story short he got it all and never had problem after that.

Infections are nuthin to laft at.

I will have a Scotty brew for you.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    You could stay on a low dose of antibiotics indefinitely. I'd go with the beard.
    (It's some grass to tickle yer ass said Barnacle Bill the sailor.)
    I'll swing my balls and break the walls! ( Before I go beard)

I have heard good things about going with a single-edge safety razor, my dad used one forever.
    Got one coming.

Low dose antib's can't be good for you long term though eh?

__________________________________________________ ____________________________

[QUOTE=daviski;4163316]I travel in the BC with a '72 Beetle ready to deploy at all times

Pain is finally under control; I just have a huge goose-egg where I once had a small cyst. Got a consult with my doc and a surgeon tomorrow, I'm hoping they can clean it all out this week. wish me luck.

[QUOTE=Crampedon;4604598]I'll swing my balls and break the walls! ( Before I go beard)

I have heard good things about going with a single-edge safety razor, my dad used one forever.
    Got one coming.

Low dose antib's can't be good for you long term though eh?

__________________________________________________ ____________________________

Quote Originally Posted by daviski View Post
    I travel in the BC with a '72 Beetle ready to deploy at all times
    I've had people on low dose chronic antibiotics for years for hidradenitis suppurativa (you don't want to know) with no apparent ill effects, but there is certainly risk in doing that--especially resistant organisms, which is why I personally would do the beard rather the antibiotics. I wonder if an electric razor would be better or even a barber's or pet groomer's trimmer which would leave a longer stubble, but I don't know the answer.

Saw a surgeon today; he wants to wait another month for the inflammation to go down and the cyst to 'solidify' so he can get it out in one go. So I have a tender goose-egg on my back for another month. Goddammit.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    Saw a surgeon today; he wants to wait another month for the inflammation to go down and the cyst to 'solidify' so he can get it out in one go. So I have a tender goose-egg on my back for another month. Goddammit.
    good advice--way too soon to remove a drained infected cyst. should be getting a lot less tender unless it gets reinfected in which case it would need to be drained again. Good luck.

My dad removed my cyst, while I laid on the kitchen table.
    Followed by the obligatory "If I'd know how bad that was going to be, I'd have given you something for the pain".

I should also mention that this abscess oozed stinky pus for several days. Truly noxious goo; I bet I got a quarter cup of greenish-grey slurry out. Absolutely disgusting.

Stay away from those unclean women...
    Gravity. It's the law.

But unclean women make the world go 'round...

Meeting my surgeon tomorrow to make a plan to clean all this up. Fuck.

it would bee nice if you could hook a shop vac up to it for a weak and suck goo right outta there

at least you aint got brain cancer like Lemmy

wuz she worth it?
    watch out for snakes

But unclean women make the world go 'round...

Meeting my surgeon tomorrow to make a plan to clean all this up. Fuck.
    I thought it was fat bottomed girls? Either way, hope I never get whatever the hell it is you got into. And thanks for the pus description. Right after breakfast, no less.

Hey Scotty B they make something called a wound vac that does just that (amongst other things)....
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Surgery scheduled for the 19th. My surgeon says I'll have a 3" scar; he has to clean up an area about 5" in diameter. Ugh.