Alternative to the BD Guide Glove

I'm looking to get my dad some good gloves for this winter and the Guide is exactly what he was looking for in terms of features, but the glove is too snug in an XL. Does anyone know of any gloves that are very similar, but have a roomier fit?

Quote Originally Posted by grubbers View Post
    I'm looking to get my dad some good gloves for this winter and the Guide is exactly what he was looking for in terms of features, but the glove is too snug in an XL. Does anyone know of any gloves that are very similar, but have a roomier fit?

I highly recommend Free The Powder Gloves. They are by far the best value in gloves anywhere on the planet. Located in Park City and their customer service is top notch. They were selling blems for 50% off, don't know if they still any left. I wear medium, snug to start but they pack out nicely. Available in a short cuff and gauntlet.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    I highly recommend Free The Powder Gloves. They are by far the best value in gloves anywhere on the planet. Located in Park City and their customer service is top notch. They were selling blems for 50% off, don't know if they still any left. I wear medium, snug to start but they pack out nicely. Available in a short cuff and gauntlet.
    +1 on the FTP gloves. Sizing is the remaining question. They model their gloves after Hestras. You might want to reach out to them about sizing. They're extremely helpful.

Cheers,
    Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

FTP gloves: great value, but a snug fit.

Marmot's Exum Guide comes in XXL:
    http://marmot.com/products/details/exum-guide-glove
    And I guess that I just don't know

Those FTP gloves look sweet!

Maybe check out the OR Olympus gloves- super burly like the guide glove, I have pretty big hands (10ish in Hestra) and the large was a perfect fit for me, XL would probably work for someone with really big mitts.

OR gloves tend to take the cake for me in terms of cost, dexterity, warmth and durability.

Not sure why folks spend the cash on Hestra or similar gloves.