Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: TFL OMG WTF

So a couple weeks ago I went to chiro/ART guy. He helped with a couple things but what he did with my hip hurt the fuck out of me. Did. Not. Work. oh well.

8 days ago i went to an acupuncturist. By this point my whole right leg was on fire pretty much. Wicked muscle spasms, particularly on getting out of bed. I'd wake up, feel basically fine, stand up, and in maybe a minute shit would just lock down tight. Pain meter solid 9+. Right up there with anything and I've had some really painful shit happen to me a bunch of times. Acupuncture knocked it right down. Seemed like a dry needle/acupuncture combo, needles with electricity. Worked. Started to wear off a couple days ago and was getting worse day by day but still nowhere near where it was. But going in that direction.

Today I finally got in to see my ortho who I've had for years. Took xrays of my back. "Significant" arthritis. I was told 3 years ago I need a hip replacement. Says the back is worse than the hip but they're both bad. Says it's probably mostly the back that's causing all this shit so he put me on a methylprednisone dose pack to calm things down. Feels like it's working, or on its way to working at least. Wants me to get an MRI and find a pain doc for an epidural. (I moved out of the area, he doesn't know any docs in my new area).

Anybody here ever get an epidural?

My wife, during childbirth. You pregnant?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    So a couple weeks ago I went to chiro/ART guy. He helped with a couple things but what he did with my hip hurt the fuck out of me. Did. Not. Work. oh well.

8 days ago i went to an acupuncturist. By this point my whole right leg was on fire pretty much. Wicked muscle spasms, particularly on getting out of bed. I'd wake up, feel basically fine, stand up, and in maybe a minute shit would just lock down tight. Pain meter solid 9+. Right up there with anything and I've had some really painful shit happen to me a bunch of times. Acupuncture knocked it right down. Seemed like a dry needle/acupuncture combo, needles with electricity. Worked. Started to wear off a couple days ago and was getting worse day by day but still nowhere near where it was. But going in that direction.

Today I finally got in to see my ortho who I've had for years. Took xrays of my back. "Significant" arthritis. I was told 3 years ago I need a hip replacement. Says the back is worse than the hip but they're both bad. Says it's probably mostly the back that's causing all this shit so he put me on a methylprednisone dose pack to calm things down. Feels like it's working, or on its way to working at least. Wants me to get an MRI and find a pain doc for an epidural. (I moved out of the area, he doesn't know any docs in my new area).

Anybody here ever get an epidural?
    Damn man that sucks. I’ve had one. It got me out of a chronic acute pain cycle and moving again. At first I felt a little worse after the shot, and the injection site was sore, but I felt a lot better in about a week.

Thanks yeah I gotta get the MRI first but I'm gonna go for it. Slightly sketched out by the concept of a needle in my spine but whatever. The steroids are helping a lot for now, so that's good at least.

TFL OMG WTF

I’ve had several epidural cortisone shots over the years
    1 of 3 worked — that one was awesome because it made me feel normal for about three weeks
    The other two had minimal impact, meaning they did knock the pain down but not more than 50% and less than 2wks of efficacy

The procedure itself isn’t too bad at all — each very organized with active imaging guiding the injection & a team to take care of you, not some sketch shot by an intern guessing where the epidural space is at your bedside. Pretty quick considering...
    You’ll know if it’s working within 2-7 days...if nothing by then, they missed the hot spot or it is just ineffective on you situation