Painting a roof box

Anyone on here spray bombed a roof box? My buddies drew all over it with glass chalk at my wedding and I can't get it to come off with magic eraser, degreaser, soap, or various strong solvents. The carb cleaner did take off the black where I sprayed it though, so I succeeded in making it worse.
    I have some small cracks to epoxy and I figured I may just shoot the lid with black when I am done. Its one of the textured ones so I'm going to scuff it a bit then tape and spray. Any thoughts if I should use an adhesion promoter (bulldog, etc)? I kinda wish I had dig into this when it was still warm out, but looks like there is some weather suitable for painting in the forecast, at least.

Charge buddies 50 bucks apiece for new box.

There are no boxes on my roof. Wat 2 do?

Yeah, I spray painted mine after doing extensive fiberglass repairs. It doesn't look great, but it looks good enough for me. It's on a truck that has multiple dents and scrapes, so I didn't have high standards. All I did was primer then paint, and it's held up fine so far, but it's only been a month or two.

Plastidip
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Krylon Fusion is supposedly more flexible, for use on plastics. I've had decent success with it, but nothing too long-term.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Get it sprayed with Rinoliner.

It doesn't have any rust at least.

what I would do is just cover the fuck out of that box with stickers and you will never notice the stuff they wrote on your box

just like that TV show where they fix bad tattoo's by covering them up

and start thinking of ways to fuck yer budddies up
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    cover the fuck out of that box with stickers
    A box covered solid with 16BBI stickers would be very cool.

#trainingforalpental
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Don't paint it--it'll look like shit. Plastidip or 3M vinyl car wrap.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

I just recently painted mine. It turned out great. It's still in my garage... haven't had it out in the weather yet, so I don't know how it will hold up, but it looks really good. I used a plastic specific spray paint. Can't remember which specific brand, but they should be similar. Krylon Fusion should do the trick.
    "Shit, I'll choke her while she's cleaning, and I'll do it wearing a helmet cam mounted on a full-face helmet.
    I'll have meatdrink9 do the lighting for the shot. He'll make it artsy as fuck."
    - Phunk

Plastidip is the right answer. Flexible, cheap (ish) and withstands any weather. I plastidip my winter wheels, usually get 2 full seasons before i have to peel it off and reapply. And wheels take 1000 times more abuse than a box.