Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

All my camera gear stolen.

It was not the best gear but it was all I had. My kid hangs around with some scumbags. About a month ago she said she was going to have a friend over in the morning I think they did not have school that day. I came home to find a bottle of Kahlua and a bottle of rum on the counter. The Kahlua and rum live in the liquor cabinet its never out. I said to her I see your girlfriends were over, were you guys drinking? She said no, I did not even know that was out. I was thinking she has been lying all this time but her story holds up. Come to find out she had two guys the three of them were in my living room which is up stairs, I can't remember if that was the first day they were over or the 2nd but in any case. They are all up stairs and the one guy says he needs to go to his car he is gone 10 - 15 mins he comes back and they all leave.

After hearing that I believe the one guy (yeah guy they are both 19 or 20 my kid is 16 they are out of HS), was rummaging through stuff and found the liquor cabinet. That explains the rum and Kahlua and why my child never knew it was out, she would have put it back I think if she knew. The cops asked me why I'm letting these two scum bags in my house in the first place, they told me to lock all my shit down if they are around or better yet don't let them near my house. The cop asked the guy that drove if he took anything and the guy says he has never been to our house. So my kid screen captures some facebook messages where she asks one guy how hes getting to her house (guy has no licence) he tells her the 2nd guys name the guy that told the cops hes never been to my house was driving. Then a message from the guy with no licence ask my child if she has any silver or gold necklaces he could have. Then a message asking if we have any cameras at our house.

Im super pissed and want to put the beat down on both of these douche bags. I was kind of thinking why not take my laptop or xbox its out in the open and more easy to grab then the cam equipment. The camera bag was left but the equipment was gone. Until I learned that the guy is in photography school and I was surprised to see his mother just started a photography business. So I guess I know why that equipment was targeted.

I'm going to be looking for a game camera to watch both my front and back door as well as my driveway, any suggestions?
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Your daughter needs to chose better friends.
    Email the school with a list of all your missing gear, and mention that you suspect one of their students may be responsible?
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

vibes man

Sounds like you would be giving a beatdown to your future grandbabydaddy-in-law. Vibes
    "If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough."

Had a similar experience over the summer with a niece who was housesitting. Really sucks but we did get everything back after convincing the niece's friend that he could give it back, no cops and no more questions. I did talk to the police before going that route and they agreed that once they get involved, the evidence generally goes into a dumpster somewhere, never to be seen again. It was helpful that the guy we were dealing with seemed genuinely remorseful and wanted to try to redeem himself. I think we were lucky and that may not be the case in your situation.

Good life lesson for your daughter. How's she doing with it?

sounds like my goons have a mission now

what the locale?
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Call their parents (out of concern for the children) without blaming anyone and describe the incident. It's a risky play with douchebag parents.

This guy is a working on his rhymes he going to be a rapper.
    https://www.facebook.com/david.gilson.315

and shitbag number 2
    https://www.facebook.com/richard.monty.733
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Wow, those two don't look like they would be the type to hang out together.

Both look like they smoke a lot of weed.

Here's a thought, is there a way these clowns could turn around and say you supplied them with alcohol?

( Disclaimer - I am not even qualified to be called a TGR armchair lawyer )

Sux but it could have been worser.

Time to upgrade, me like those new Sony cameras.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post
    Here's a thought, is there a way these clowns could turn around and say you supplied them with alcohol?

( Disclaimer - I am not even qualified to be called a TGR armchair lawyer )
    I don't think stealing alcohol = supplied with alcohol.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Fucked up situation. Have you called the thieves' parents?

from what i remember of Tuckerman, from the time we hung before the sox game, the beat down he could supply these dicks would be life threatening.

Shithead #2 likes:

Other
    Vin Diesel
    Dwayne The Rock Johnson
    Kim Kardashian West
    Monster Energy
    2pac
    DD, is this one of your goons?

Maybe they'll bring the camera gear back when they've finished editing and uploading the video?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    DD, is this one of your goons?
    he seems to fit the organization

we love 2pac
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

I wouldn't put it past these dopes.... Keep an eye on craigslist and their FB. They're bound to do stupid again.

I'd also be thinking real hard at having my kid pay up.

Quote Originally Posted by TomCrac View Post

I'd also be thinking real hard at having my kid pay up.
    This is a great idea, I might do that.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

They look like Newschoolers. You need to start profiling, and start by being suspicious of anyone really short hair and three names.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

I'm not a parent, but the only thing that really concerns me in this story is the 16 year old girl having two 20 year old guys over at your house while you're gone. That's some sketchy shit and I'd be losing some serious sleep over the decision making skills of said girl.
    Getting your camera stuff ripped off might have been the best thing to happen to the girl. Perhaps now she'll understand a little about bad judgement.

Just about everything I own is worth more stolen. Take my bike, I upgrade. Take my camera shit, I upgrade. Steal my car, FKNA Awesome, I upgrade that shit. They fuck my kid in the ass when all she signed up for was a hand job?? Insurance ain't gonna touch that shit.
    However many are in a shit ton.

Easier still, give the mom the serial numbers to your cameras and lenses and say that her son was at your house, it was missing afterwards, and you just want it back because you don't think lawyers should have to get involved. Most people are reasonable, will slap their kids and send the gear back. If not, having some horrible reviews on YELP for her company is a sure way to make business avoid her.
    Someone once told me that I ski like a Scandinavian angel.

Heroin in the hood?

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    I'm not a parent
    The second to last line of your post makes that pretty clear.