Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Girlfriend wrecked my car

Not her fault really. T boned by an old lady doing 30 thru a 4 way stop. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1447656164.315933.jpg 
Views:	606 
Size:	77.0 KB 
ID:	171921Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1447656181.389550.jpg 
Views:	584 
Size:	80.9 KB 
ID:	171922Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1447656197.664696.jpg 
Views:	557 
Size:	86.7 KB 
ID:	171923
    Advice as to how to get the most money out of the insurance company would be great. I just did $2300 in service, $1000 stereo upgrade, and got the windows tinted. That'll get covered right?
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Hope you kept the receipts

hope you have allstate, they are real assholes and will sue the shit out of the grandma...
    vibes dude.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

The receipts are all in the fucking glove box. I'm 10 states away. No idea what to do. Out here in CA for a wedding.

Don't have Allstate, Progressive. Good god this is gonna be a nightmare. Why couldn't it have just been a shopping cart?
    Last edited by guroo270; 11-16-2015 at 01:26 AM.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Who did the brakes?
    Life is simple. Go Explore.

Too bad it isn't a diesel that you can't sell these days.

And the girl and the old lady are OK? Enjoy the wedding. Don't worry about the receipts. Insurance probably won't pay for your recent service, radio upgrade or the loose change left in the seat cushions. I made some money over trade in value with State Farm when the kid wrecked my car. Good luck.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

If grandma is determined to be at fault your insurance won't even be used to cover the costs. If it's totaled, which it appears to be with that severe frame indentation, you should be able to determine the value of your car and include the after market radio in the value. At least that was how it worked when somebody else totaled me.

At least it was a Subaru and not a real car....

Quote Originally Posted by guroo270 View Post
    Progressive. Good god this is gonna be a nightmare.
    True but it all depends on what grandma has for insurance. Progressive is pretty aggressive on forcing shops to use cheap parts and cutting corners. Who would have thought that when you name your own price, it covers next to nothing?

Ps- pretty sure no insurance company will care about the recent service, stereo and window tint. You can try claiming diminished value but that's a court case.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrubadub View Post
    Subies have saved my life 3 times.... There about as real as it gets dawg

I'm sure you owe your life to a Subaru. Who gets in three life threatening car wrecks.....

Totaled should get you the window tint and stereo cash back, but I highly doubt you are getting 2300 for brake service. Which, by the by, how do you spend 2300 on brakes on a Subaru Forester?
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by Jamespio View Post
    I'm not going to gloat over your misfortune, guroo. Just wanted you to know that.
    Not even half-way?

Quote Originally Posted by Scrubadub View Post
    Damn, I thought it was a mini-van.

Hope lady and GF are OK. You have a big fight on your hands. Who is the other driver's carrier? That will dictate the size of the fight. Remember, when you have Progressive, Geico, etc. you get what you pay for.

Get your hands on the receipts ASAP. They may be your saving grace. How many miles on the vehicle? Big factor. Fight will be on the trade-in value vs. private seller value, vs full retail. Look at autotrader.com and cars.com for comps.

Some dentists might mention the phrase "diminution in value" if they talk about repairing it, as well as the cost of the rental during the process.

I had a near new Denalli hit in the drivers door post from about a 45 degree angle. About $18,000 in damage. Took 14 weeks to repair, all the while I had a Suburban loaner. Then hit them up with an $11,000 diminution in value claim. They would have been much better off totaling the vehicle.

G-luck.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

What kind of car was grandma driving that it just tipped the Subie over like that? Wow.

Pain and suffering on GF's personal injury claim should more than cover it

So is the GF ok?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Where are you guys getting brake service from? It was thermostat, fuel pump, timing belt and plugs.

JP, you were the first person I thought of when I saw it on its side.

And yes, GF got tagged right in the driver side door and has minor rug burn from the seat belt.

Why couldn't it have just been a shopping cart?
    LOL!
    "Can't vouch for him, though he seems normal via email."

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    What kind of car was grandma driving that it just tipped the Subie over like that? Wow.
    Funny you should ask that as it makes perfect sense when you see it. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1447690643.993765.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	80.9 KB 
ID:	171927

Does your gf have insurance?

My girlfriend dinted my truck at a silent retreat so ... they couldn't talk about it
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    Does your gf have insurance?
    Yes.

Yes.
    I bet your insurance will try and get gf's and grandma's insurance to hash this out.

If they wont give you stereo money go take it out to put it in another car. Floor mats and spare tire are craigslist able as well to offset your loss. Insurance almost never makes you whole but shopping for same miles on a one year older model usually gets you into something with no out of pocket.

Good luck, at least every one is ok.
    Drink to remember not to forget!
    Fourisight Wines