Page 24 of 68 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
    High 12 was fun today.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1451963264082.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	47.6 KB 
ID:	174477  

Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    If you thought your Monday was off to a rough start...

Ha, yeah, bummer. Any word on what the problem was???

I was taking Skyline a bunch in the morning, just got lucky I wasn't on it when it went down. My last ride up there were clouds of fumes coming out of the unload station and the smell of diesel.

a joshbu sighting? how appropriate! How are you friend?!?
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

re: martins book

it's soooooo good. Most of the good and easy tours are in there. Along with quite a few 'way too badass for me' tours. I do really find it best to pick a tour and go follow someones tracks. almost everywhere you go, someone has been there the day before you, it's not like you're out doing something that hasn't been done a million times before. As long as the person who made the skin track knew what they were doing (nowadays it's about 50-50 chance), it's the best way to learn the routes for when it's your turn to break trail.

Dammit, I forgot to snap a photo of the conga line jaunting up the "Seattle skintrack" back to Artist Point on Sat. I knew I forgot something... and even when the conditions are quite stable, they were still able to get a few convexities to point release...

Quote Originally Posted by Zeedashbo View Post

x2, nearly split coffee out the nose when I read that reference. Hope all is well with the bu-tang clan.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Few clips I threw together from December to help fuel the stoke (click the Vimeo icon in the player for High Res)

Last edited by garretvs; 01-05-2016 at 01:37 PM.

Woo, shavin close with summa dem pecker trees. Fun lil lines

I skied more yard pow on my lunch break at work. My friend took some video of me and my dog gettin' sum. Sorry it's vertical. Seriously the most fucking awesome thing in the world to ski powder down to your porch being chased by your pooch.

Last edited by Leavenworth Skier; 01-05-2016 at 06:12 PM.

I'm reasonably well. Overweight. New kids. New Job. Ready to start skiing some of my middle class ennui off. You? How are things in the land of ZdashBO?

Ugh I'm such a fuckup. I missed the deadline to sign the kiddos up for ski lessons at Central. Powderpigs is full and I can't get ahold of the ski school to try and weasel my way in.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Quote Originally Posted by Chugachjed View Post
    Ugh I'm such a fuckup. I missed the deadline to sign the kiddos up for ski lessons at Central. Powderpigs is full and I can't get ahold of the ski school to try and weasel my way in.
    You can do daily lessons at Central and West. You can also look at Friday Night Live at Alpental. You may also want to check out Ski Masters.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    You can do daily lessons at Central and West. You can also look at Friday Night Live at Alpental. You may also want to check out Ski Masters.
    Thanks. I still need to hit you up about those kid skis if they're still kicking around.

Heh. I gotta do the pee in a cup thing next week.

That's a good idea. I'll have to score a pair of boots for the older one and skis for both.

Quote Originally Posted by joshbu View Post
    I'm reasonably well. Overweight. New kids. New Job. Ready to start skiing some of my middle class ennui off. You? How are things in the land of ZdashBO?

Fantastic around here. Just got married to a fun girl who lets me ski a ton. Work is busy. No complaints. Nice to see you're still lurking around. Cheers!!!

Took today's training over to the golf course this evening. Spun a baker's dozen laps on Wildside before migrating to the other edge of the resort and hammering untracked lines through 360 Bowl and down the old poma line with familiar folks. While the turns didn't suck, the visibility sure did. Fortunately the new snow which fell after closing bell on Sunday turned the weekend's moguls into pillows which at least softened the skiing-by-braille experience. Dipped out at 9:30 and managed to catch the Taco Time drive-thru in North Bend on the way home - tacos, tots and no traffic made for a great nightcap to the start of the weeknight skiing season @ Summit West.

Last edited by pipedream; 01-07-2016 at 02:54 PM.

any way you can manage to do a weeknight with them? Powderpigs thursday night was our jam way back when. small crowds, just pulled the groms out of school at lunch on thursdays during the season, and it doesn't fill up the way weekends do.

Last edited by oftpiste; 01-07-2016 at 06:14 PM.

According to the website all the powderpigs classes are full.

Decent turns in Stevens slack country. Fuck I'm out of shape. Good to be back on snow though.

It's warm
    Quote Originally Posted by twodogs View Post
    Hey Phill, why don't you post your tax returns, here on TGR, asshole. And your birth certificate.

bummer. used to be that the weeknight sessions were all of 8 or 9 kids. perhaps a result of a decent season prognosis where there wasn't before.

According to the website all the powderpigs classes are full.

Fantastic around here. Just got married to a fun girl who lets me ski a ton. Work is busy. No complaints. Nice to see you're still lurking around. Cheers!!!
    Z, glad to hear you're doing so well!
    In drove this drunken madman and stopped on a dime! Unfortunately the dime was in Mr. Rococo's pocket!

Looks like I picked a killer time to go frolick around the southern hemisphere. Leave mid November, get back mid January, miss an apocalyptic storm cycle, and get back in time for a coral reef

Fun night skiing last night at High 2 resort. A few sun affected patches but otherwise mostly nice mid-winter snow and minimal crowds.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedClam View Post
    Looks like I picked a killer time to go frolick around the southern hemisphere. Leave mid November, get back mid January, miss an apocalyptic storm cycle, and get back in time for a coral reef
    Where'd you go down there?