Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    That's fucking horrible.... Vibes to you and yours, Buttah.

it's weird that my brother-in-law, his uncle, is a leading researcher in sports related, TBI's.
    they have made arrangements to have his brain donated to Boston University.
    apparently young people's brains are rare in the research world, hopefully something can be learned from this
    Last edited by buttahflake; 11-13-2015 at 02:48 PM.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    it's weird that my brother-in-law, his uncle, is a leading researcher in sports related, TBI's.
    they have made arrangements to have his brain donated to Boston University.
    apparently young people's brains are rare in the research world, hopefully something can be learned from this
    Boston U, Dr Ann McKee Neuro Pathogist and other Boston U researchers are doing much of the leg work related with CTE. Boston U discovered the Tau protein that seems to be a marker for CTE. The area that they are trying to figure out is the sub-concussive impacts that occur in all the contact sports. Thought is you don't have to have a concussion to do damage. The hundreds of sub-concussive impacts for example that offensive / defensive lineman have are thought to have a cumulative effect. If this turns out to be true then the contact sports are IMO in trouble. It means that mearly NOT having concussions and being cleared after having a concussion might not prevent CTE. The curve ball is that more than likely some people are more prone to CTE than others; like Aunt Mildred who smoked 2 packs per day and lived to 90 and died when hit by a car. No absolutes. BTW, Dr McKee is from Wisconsin and a huge Packer fan so no bias from her against football. Her brother was a D-3 All American QB who is a Physician, they both love sports.

Hang in there. Reach out if you need to. So devastating.

+++Vibes

Lost a cousin a few years ago to almost the same thing. TBI as a child and something was always off after that. We asked instead of flowers that donations be made to a TBI research group.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    We can tell you think you're awesome- it's pretty obvious. I love it when you try to convince us all too, It's like a tripped out Willy Wonka boat trip across the galaxy of fail you call an existence and it is indeed awesome to watch. I mean, your fail is so dense it has become a "black hole of fail" that has a gravitational pull strong enough to attract the fail of others, hence the "dating sucks" thread scenario.

So sorry to hear my man. My thoughts to you and your wifes family.

Sorry to hear. Stay strong, dude
    "You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning".

-Scottish Proverb