Page 50 of 61 FirstFirst ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1523
    Bachy is the place to be today and Friday..........

Quote Originally Posted by irratator View Post
    Agreed, thanks for the beta(?).

Quote Originally Posted by irratator View Post
    MHM reporting 6" thus far
    Bach reporting 1"

anybody actually on snow today?
    #fuckyou
    #notreally
    #noactuallyfuckyouihavetowork

Friends of mine who teach across the highway from the padded seats have been shredding Meadows since Tues. Said today started out soft with 3-4" new at the bottom and it's been free refills ever since. Just about closing now and it's still coming down and has stacked-up to at least 6" at the base with more up top (reports of at least boot-top deep everywhere). Heather Canyon never cracked, Shooting Star is still closed, HRM is done for the season and Cascade has been on hold all day. Enjoy it while it lasts, you filthy animals!

Full on snow globe up here now
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

Quote Originally Posted by FatKidFromFL View Post
    How was Hood today? Headed up to Meadows tomorrow; couldn't swing it for today... consolation prize is fresh upper mtn tomorrow morning.

Is shooting star still closed because of a comp/park buildout, or are they just saving $?
    Last year they closed it for a private "industry" event. Couldn't have been too serious, cause I didn't get an invite.

What was the highest gate of heather open today/did heather open today?

Not going to lug up the BBQ, so its a la' microwave demain. Probably going the orecchiette with peas, proscuitto, and parm route. Though the chicken balti pies are calling my name also. Marlon Rando for breakfast, Ice Queen or Cheescake Ape for dessert.
    It was ok up there today. I wouldn't hold your breath for the upper mtn opening tomorrow.

Star is closed because they're trying to save money and lack of skier visits. It was closed last year because snowboarder magazine paid of lot of money to do the super park shoot with around 200 athletes.

Heather didn't open because cascade didn't open today.

2015-2016 ORYGUN - Bach, Hood, A-Lakes, Wallowa, HooDoo, Wilamette, etc

A friend who posts here shared this on Facebook. It's a year old but he is adamant that's it's the case.

Another “Lost” Detachable lift?

April 18, 2015Peter Landsman
    This week, we learned Willamette Pass in Oregon has put their base-to-summit six-pack up for sale for $2.65 million. The Eagle Peak Accelerator was built in 2002 by GaraventaCTEC for $3.5 million. After three terrible seasons in a row, the ski area says it can no longer afford to operate such an expensive lift. This winter, Willamette Pass got 7 percent of its normal snowfall and essentially didn’t operate. The plan is to buy or trade the detachable for a fixed grip lift and reuse the existing tower tubes. If this happens Willamette Pass will become the first resort in North America to remove a six-pack. (Mount Washington on Vancouver Island might not be far behind – they have a similar lift and barely opened the last two winters.)

The
    The “biggest, fastest uphill transportation in Oregon” may go away.
    The list of “lost” detachable lifts is short. Ascutney Mountain in Vermont spent $2 million to build the North Peak Express in 2002 but went into foreclosure in 2010 and never reopened. Creditors sold their flagship lift to Crotched Mountain, NH and SkyTrac moved it there in 2012.

Tamarack’s Wildwood Express might have the most interesting backstory. It was built by Doppelmayr CTEC for $4 million in 2005 as part of Tamarack’s second batch of brand new lifts. It operated until Tamarack ran out of money and closed abruptly on March 5, 2009. Over three seasons, Wildwood accumulated less than 2,000 hours. Its sister lift, a fixed-grip quad called Buttercup, was built at the same time and both were financed through Bank of America. When Tamarack stopped making payments and the bank foreclosed on the lifts, the homeowner’s association purchased Buttercup for $400,000. But Bank of America wanted over $2 million for the Wildwood Express. The homeowner’s association estimated annual maintenance costs for the detachable would exceed $100,000 so they let it go. Bank of America hired Highlander Lift Services to remove it in 2012 (Ironically Doppelmayr hired the same guys to build it 7 years earlier.) The lift sat in an Idaho parking lot until last summer when Doppelmayr re-installed it at Brian Head in Utah.

Remains of Tamarack's Wildwood Express.
    Remains of Tamarack’s Wildwood Express.
    Who will buy the Eagle Peak Accelerator? The new Park City seems like a logical option as the proud owner of nine Stealth detachables and numerous lifts that need replacing. Deer Valley could also upgrade one of its busier high speed quads with this lift. Big Sky already has a similar six pack and could use this one to replace Shedhorn, Explorer, or the Lone Peak triple. Squaw has been looking to replace Siberia with a six-pack and it would be a virtual twin of their Far East Express. In the east, Sugarloaf needs a new King Pine and already has 2 GaraventaCTEC detachables. Many of the resorts on the west coast that might be interested just had a bad season like Willamette Pass. I think there’s a decent chance this lift stays where it is. $2.6 million (plus removal, transport, new tower tubes, re-engineering and installation) is a lot for a 13-year old detachable.
    https://liftblog.com/2015/04/18/anot...tachable-lift/

My snow gauge cam and you thought I just drank there.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rockbar.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	83.6 KB 
ID:	180682
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

I'll be at meadows tomorrow (Friday) if anyone's around

Quote Originally Posted by noparking View Post
    It was ok up there today. I wouldn't hold your breath for the upper mtn opening tomorrow.

Star is closed because they're trying to save money and lack of skier visits. It was closed last year because snowboarder magazine paid of lot of money to do the super park shoot with around 200 athletes.

Heather didn't open because cascade didn't open today.
    Thank you sir. I'll just go to sleep thinking of virgin Heathers.

Whats your reasoning on the upper mtn not opening? Just curious.

Bachelor was full on storm skiing today but tomorrow should be awesome. At least a foot during the day with free refills. My deepest turns were my last run on Pine Martin at 3:55. Wind was pretty nuts, though.

Thank you sir. I'll just go to sleep thinking of virgin Heathers.

Whats your reasoning on the upper mtn not opening? Just curious.
    Well, I thought it was going to be weather but I just got here and I was wrong. Should be able to get it at some point today, it cleared up.

How was Hood today? Headed up to Meadows tomorrow; couldn't swing it for today... consolation prize is fresh upper mtn tomorrow morning.

Is shooting star still closed because of a comp/park buildout, or are they just saving $?
    Last year they closed it for a private "industry" event. Couldn't have been too serious, cause I didn't get an invite.

What was the highest gate of heather open today/did heather open today?

Not going to lug up the BBQ, so its a la' microwave demain. Probably going the orecchiette with peas, proscuitto, and parm route. Though the chicken balti pies are calling my name also. Marlon Rando for breakfast, Ice Queen or Cheescake Ape for dessert.
    I thought Meadows was good yesterday. Not epic by any means, but good. Very solid under the 3 inches they got overnight. Was snowing much of the day. It was better in the spots it blew in of course. It was awesome how few folks were there to track it up.

Hope it stays cool and today is a good one too!

None of you guys know anything about the supposed demise of Will Pass?

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    None of you guys know anything about the supposed demise of Will Pass?
    i thought someone brought up them selling their hi-speed chair...but can't remember where i read that

Quote Originally Posted by noparking View Post
    Well, I thought it was going to be weather but I just got here and I was wrong. Should be able to get it at some point today, it cleared up.
    Looks like a good to day to hit it...I hope someone is getting some this morning!

Heather's closed today?!
    Last edited by k2skier112; 04-18-2016 at 10:41 AM.

Bachelor was damn fine w/ 12 new. A little heavy but it's April. No one went to work in Bend this morning.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    Heathers closed today?!
    yep

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    Bachelor was damn fine w/ 12 new. A little heavy but it's April. No one went to work in Bend this morning.
    One person did.
    Happy that you had fun

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    One person did.
    Happy that you had fun
    All just a matter of priorities tbs!

Good one puma. Getting close to my last day as I've got to saddle up for the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    All just a matter of priorities tbs!
    Yeah, tough to blow off meetings with investors...
    But, Touché!

Will just have to be content with two days of freeze/thaw/slush cycles, as well as the second coming of Bobby&Clan.

"heather canyon" not "heathers"

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    Was just a bit more crowded than yesterday. I appreciate everyone taking off at lunch and leaving the place empty for me and my kids. Great to be back here and my 10yo asked if we could stay for a week next year.