Page 24 of 61 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
    .......And thanx to Mr Maggot as well: Good times.

8 degrees and 70+ mph winds at the top of Pine was rather brutal today. Whew. Happy New Year all!
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

I lost an ear if you see it. Happy new year.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Happy new year, all!

Oh, and RE: Newton cyn vid above: FUCK YEAH!!!!

E & I farmed the remaining soft spots in elk & yoda today. MHM was quiet and cold today, hard pack as far as the eye could see (under the lifts). Jack's also held some fluff.

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    E & I farmed the remaining soft spots in elk & yoda today. MHM was quiet and cold today, hard pack as far as the eye could see (under the lifts). Jack's also held some fluff.
    I just got back from PA last night and got up to MHM today. I was surprised too, to find stashes all over jacks. If you avoid the obvious "funnel" zones there were great turns. Also a few really great laps through the Heather/Clark moraine(?) area before cascade went on hold. I can't remember lapping that area before, but its worth the hassle. Snow is still really good off the main runs.

Newton looked awesome in that video above!
    Your jambox is now his...by way of our actions

Epic beard! ^^^^
    I love my family. Kids are the best.
    http://www.praxisskis.com

Any suggestions on brackets for mounting a board on a wall to display without damaging the board? Thx.

edit: burton wall mounts, $12 at usoutdoor, logo painted over, would suffice, but it's for my son's playroom so something a little more unique might be nice.
    Last edited by wyeaster; 01-02-2016 at 05:44 PM.

post 2

post2

Hoodoo had to evacuate a lift today. Some very cold people.

Hope the winds subside for Sunday.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

oh yes, i am fka spook. i'm here for snow and that's where i intend to stay, try as some of you might. i've been training hard and dropped 20 pounds and plan on riding with a few folks at bbi16 on saturday and scoping out some future ski buddies for my 4 year old who is much more well-adjusted than myself and starting his third modest season (6 trips at 2.5 and 6 at 3.5). i'm riding timboringline this year via mthoodexpress (so cheap and easy $3rt), taking the boy up once and going solo once during the week, enjoying my cool new trace app on my modest new smartphone. no bachelor trip as i'm terminally broke. if bbi16 wasn't the most authentic, coolest thing i've seen in 10 years on this board, i'd be too broke for that, too.

i assume i can still be in the running for dbag of 2015 as spook.

see you ninnies in february if all goes well. i thought about showing up out of the blue, but since acinpdx put me on the fuck all y'all list, i thought 'why not loom?'

edit: this season's goal, other than not breaking anything, is to get on a splitboard if only a rental. i don't know if it's being a dad or getting older or other heavy shit but for some reason this season i don't have the same urgency to go go go once i'm on the mountain. i still want to get there just as bad but i finally am starting to calm down without needing to be bombing down the hill as many times as my legs can take (still love, just maybe not life or death necessary). i think maybe i'm ready to slow down and earn my turns. i adore mt. hood and i'd like to get around a little more of it than timberline and meadows in the winter.

edit: finally rode out the alpine trail from timberline to govy. awesome. that's going to be my exit all season as the mthoodexpress stop is at the govy chevron. it's perfect.
    anyway, see you kids out there
    Last edited by wyeaster; 01-03-2016 at 02:28 AM.

^what he said^

Looking forward to meeting you, wyeaster/spook on the snow. (I'm not too big to eat my words...happy new year and apologies for the fuckyall!)

In other news, it's not often my front yard looks like this
    Attachment 174372

"Strong El Niño 2016"

Never saw that coming...!

Same scene here just outside EUG.

23° now and it just started lightly raining. If this keeps up things will get interesting before it warms.

Welcome back wyeast/spook.

Bizarro pnw

I'm not sure what parallel universe we are currently in but I'm lovin' it. Had to get some work done today, then decided to give a couple north facing lines close to the house a shot this afternoon (~1 mile from the house). The ridge line to the south tops out at ~3,100 so expectations were low. However, I found boot top blower over a supportable crust and the only tracks were from elk and deer. Blackdog refused to stay home, so she joined me on the tour.

Lets hit those over there...

Meadows to be skipped...

Absolute ice rink in pdx on all surfaces. Stay home if you can. If not, safe driving and watch out for the inexperienced on the roads...

So icy here that walking on any surface is quite difficult. Taking the trash out was a adventure. Unsure if I can make it up the slight hill to the barn -- guess I'll find out in a few...

Had to drive up to Vancouver, WA yesterday, and was glad I got back before dark. Even with snowy roads people were scary to be out on the roads with. People running red lights for no reason, turning out of the wrong lane, hell I had two different people come driving at me the wrong way down a one-way street. One of which couldn't stop on the slight incline. I had to dive to the shoulder and hope for the best.

Does anyone know why they don't salt the roads here? In Utah we'd have had clear roads by this morning because they'd have been salted yesterday.

2015-2016 ORYGUN - Bach, Hood, A-Lakes, Wallowa, HooDoo, Wilamette, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Phildo_Baggins View Post
    Does anyone know why they don't salt the roads here? In Utah we'd have had clear roads by this morning because they'd have been salted yesterday.
    For the salmon

They do use a de-icer but they don't salt. (And it's never clear how much they use the de-icer either.)

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    For the salmon

They do use a de-icer but they don't salt. (And it's never clear how much they use the de-icer either.)
    Makes sense. Sure wish they'd use more of it, though!

Comparing to Utah is apples to oranges. Much bigger investment in snow removal, and I think it's rare that they actually see freezing rain. It's much easier to clear powdery snow from roads than rain that freezes to everything on contact.
    Last edited by puma; 01-04-2016 at 02:04 PM.