Page 30 of 61 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast
    Who skied yesterday? was it epic?

I shredded so hard I re-aggravated my sciatica

that's also the last time I wait in line for cascade to open

Quote Originally Posted by tuffy109 View Post
    that's also the last time I wait in line for cascade to open
    not to be picky or anything but according to the tgr forums rules section 3 Posts part b In the Right Forum, this could be classified under best gaper quote.

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    not to be picky or anything but according to the tgr forums rules section 3 Posts part b In the Right Forum, this could be classified under best gaper quote.
    I gaped and followed Patarero to the long lift line side of Cascade - some I'm part gaper too.

Quote Originally Posted by powholic View Post
    I gaped and followed Patarero to the long lift line side of Cascade - some I'm part gaper too.
    ouch. see i ride alone. keeps me gape free.

I missed out on forumgate, but I heard the bb sucks now.

I'm just glad to be acknowledged as the best at something

My legs were tired and needed a break. Cascade in general was a mistake though.

when i'm riding alone i'm xavier de la rue and nobody can tell me differently. until i fall in the lift line.

Not worthy but some stoke for those strapped to their desk yesterday. Speaking of straps - I need to gain control of mine, sorry.

ouch. see i ride alone. keeps me gape free.
    I have photographic proof otherwise. yep.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    I have photographic proof otherwise. yep.
    if you were taking pictures of me you pervert then i wasn't alone. plus, i think the only pictures you have were staged gapeness. you were having "equipment trouble" when the tomahawque du summit expressed itself.

those pics are going in my son's new play/snow room along with a big mobile of my wife's and my season passes from the past 10 years and his lift tickets from the past 3. various hood stuff. a series of awesome pics of ecuadorian volcanoes.

and this in the entry doorway:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jackson.jpeg 
Views:	81 
Size:	19.7 KB 
ID:	175339  
    Last edited by wyeaster; 01-21-2016 at 02:42 PM.

Not worthy but some stoke for those strapped to their desk yesterday. Speaking of straps - I need to gain control of mine, sorry.
    You need to jump off more shit.

Quote Originally Posted by PassTheDutchie View Post
    You need to jump off more shit.
    That requires landing which at times is explosive for me. You've spent enough time looking for my skis post airborne adventure.

That requires landing which at times is explosive for me. You've spent enough time looking for my skis post airborne adventure.

better skis than knis

when i'm riding alone i'm xavier de la rue and nobody can tell me differently. until i fall in the lift line.
    A well placed Tomahawk has a way of bringing one back to reality, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    A well placed Tomahawk has a way of bringing one back to reality, doesn't it?

by far my worst wreck in 10 years. that trip and that run had a big impact on me long term. launching down a mountain out of control head over heels at 60 plus mph waiting for the obliterating impact and shattering my baseplate when i landed without even a minor injury other than soreness tells me i was fucking lucky.

i've never bombed into something i'm unfamiliar with like that and it was another of many instances in my life of my ego nearly killing me. i'd never had a chance to ride that line before because the few times i make it over the summit is rarely open. totally stupid. the pics jonesy took give some indication of the conditions and i'd never been there.

i'm sure riding with somebody i'd met here who is generally highly regarded in the context of my own contentious existence here had an impact particularly considering i have ridden with a handful of people in a decade. i can't say i rode the way i did because i was trying to show i was capable, because i'd wanted to ride it long before i met jonesy. on the other hand, i was definitely aware of his presence and my potential evaluation and rather than be intelligent about it, i abandoned my own approach.

the first run through i bombed almost the exact same line and i was screaming the whole way down. probably the best run of my season if not more. jonesy said he was having a problem with his ski and i was like no problem, i'll be doing this so hurry back. next run i have the worst wreck of my life. both runs are burned into my brain. heaven and hell. and i had a 1 or 2 year old.

i ultimately concluded that if i couldn't make good decisions riding with other people for whatever reason i should continue riding solo for everybody's benefit. a couple more years of dadhood and such has a way of changing and chilling out a lot of things.
    Last edited by wyeaster; 01-21-2016 at 03:30 PM.

Just that once at Baker when your ski somehow ran 250 yards into a tree well. I blame the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by PassTheDutchie View Post
    Just that once at Baker when your ski somehow ran 250 yards into a tree well. I blame the rain.
    Catherine's couple years back very similar scenario. That bomb hole might still be there. We'll find out this weekend!

by far my worst wreck in 10 years. that trip and that run had a big impact on me long term. launching down a mountain out of control head over heels at 60 plus mph waiting for the obliterating impact and shattering my baseplate when i landed without even a minor injury other than soreness tells me i was fucking lucky.

i've never bombed into something i'm unfamiliar with like that and it was another of many instances in my life of my ego nearly killing me. i'd never had a chance to ride that line before because the few times i make it over the summit is rarely open. totally stupid. the pics jonesy took give some indication of the conditions and i'd never been there.

i'm sure riding with somebody i'd met here who is generally highly regarded in the context of my own contentious existence here had an impact particularly considering i have ridden with a handful of people in a decade. i can't say i rode the way i did because i was trying to show i was capable, because i'd wanted to ride it long before i met jonesy. on the other hand, i was definitely aware of his presence and my potential evaluation and rather than be intelligent about it, i abandoned my own approach.

the first run through i bombed almost the exact same line and i was screaming the whole way down. probably the best run of my season if not more. jonesy said he was having a problem with his ski and i was like no problem, i'll be doing this so hurry back. next run i have the worst wreck of my life. both runs are burned into my brain. heaven and hell. and i had a 1 or 2 year old.

i ultimately concluded that if i couldn't make good decisions riding with other people for whatever reason i should continue riding solo for everybody's benefit. a couple more years of dadhood and such has a way of changing and chilling out a lot of things.
    Yes, Jonesy has had that effect on many a riders and skiiers. I get nervous on my drive east knowing that he's going to see me ride, and I can only hope that I do not embarrass myself in his greatness!

Seriously though, we've all taken hard falls. Glad you were not hurt, and here is to limiting there occurrences in the future! Be careful and BBI. No need to prove you are any better than you are! (Which I am sure is good)

Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    Yes, Jonesy has had that effect on many a riders and skiiers. I get nervous on my drive east knowing that he's going to see me ride, and I can only hope that I do not embarrass myself in his greatness!

Seriously though, we've all taken hard falls. Glad you were not hurt, and here is to limiting there occurrences in the future! Be careful and BBI. No need to prove you are any better than you are! (Which I am sure is good)

my suckage level is well within the high suckage range. i've seen 10 year olds who are better than me. and they may have been tall 6 year olds. nevertheless, sometimes it feels easy and i am more than capable of detaching from the reality of the situation. previously, i had only done it out of ignorance and because of the things my ego does when i'm alone. Considering i started at 38, have numerous physical limitations and i was pushing hard to get better in my 20 trips a year, i feel like i have kept that part in check for the most part. acting out of character and nearly paying for it spooked me for quite a while.

i'm sorry you're not making it to the shindig. do it for the kids!

If I had fat skis.......
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

you wouldn't have to stop to take pictures of your arc?

Bachelor was fun this weekend! Saturday was spent in and around the Sunrise lodge doing everything in my power to ensure my son had a positive experience. It was. He now "likes" skiing. Of course that tune can change at the drop of a hat...but progress. I put on ski's for the first time in a long time, and helped him after the lesson. Was good.

Sunday was my turn to ride. The wife was on ensure our son has the best day possible mission. 1.5 inches new, but it was soft and fun! I got "First tracks" down Sunrise, then Outback. Some fun lines through the trees too! Last run of the day was deep Rainbow side. Was nice.

The day ended with 4 runs on Carousel with my wife and son. He's not exactly doing it himself on the "steep" beginning part, but doing well down low. He was very scared of the lift at first, but in the end loved it. Progress...

One last comment. On the ski's topic...Finally back in the skiing game. While I find it difficult to imagine that on a deep powder day the board does not still come out, it is good to have the ski's to lead by example for my son, much improved mobility teaching him, and well...it's fun too! (Don't tell my boarding buddies that never learned to ski I said this...) Picked up basically a brand new pair of K2 Aftershock skis: 181s' on Craigslist for a good deal. I think they will work well for a variety of conditions\ All mountain. Stoked!

Taken from me last Sunday 1/24 from a Meadows rack, I've been in denial thinking it can't be true. Pic from March 2012, but still look almost exactly the same, thanks ON3P. Seriously if you see someone skiing 11/12 191's just ask them where they got them? Look deep into their eyes, um goggles...oh well, that won't work. I've averaged 40 days a year at Meadows since I got them and really haven't seen many others.