Page 51 of 61 FirstFirst ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1523
    Heading up to Bachy Sunday after an almost non-existent season; look for a tele freak going way too fast and tiring way too quickly.

^^^Meeting the Flowing clan 0830 Sun in west lot front of tube park aka Red Bank. Look for a blue f150 w/ WA plates and a filthy green grand Cherokee.

I'll track you down somehow... Lol

I'll b w/ the tbs sunday bobby.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Talking chance for change?

So Willamette is having it's gondola repossessed! Wow.

I also just heard a rumor that Bachelor fired the general manager! Double WOW!

Could there be an opening for positive change in Central Oregon skiing?!...

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    Heathers closed today?!
    HUGE slide @ A-zone. Major slabs released due to weak bonding with underlying crust on lots of E aspects. I was told they kept it closed due to potential for large slides, higher (ie all of superbowl ripping loose.)

Fun day up there. Enough fog to preserve the snow till almost 1.

Quote Originally Posted by noparking View Post
    Well, I thought it was going to be weather but I just got here and I was wrong. Should be able to get it at some point today, it cleared up.
    ahh, I thought you had inside scoop of something... It wasn't too good... there was an inversion and the best snow was MHX elevation and down... also the lack of clouds killed the upper mtn yesterday. But what a gorgeous day to be out on the snow.
    Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    "heather canyon" not "heathers"
    you could have just as easily dinged him for the lack of apostrophe.

Perhaps he knew it was Heather canyon and what he was trying to say was: "Heather IS closed today;"
    contracted down to "Heather's closed today;"
    incorrectly written as: "Heathers closed today."

Quote Originally Posted by FatKidFromFL View Post
    HUGE slide @ A-zone. Major slabs released due to weak bonding with underlying crust on lots of E aspects. I was told they kept it closed due to potential for large slides, higher (ie all of superbowl ripping loose.)
    Website is hinting at super bowl being open tomorrow...?

Perhaps he knew it was Heather canyon and what he was trying to say was: "Heather IS closed today;"
    contracted down to "Heather's closed today;"
    incorrectly written as: "Heathers closed today."
    heather canyon has a long history of being called "heathers" or "heather's" so i wasn't dinging him for spelling or apostrophes. i'm pretty sure most people here know that but i just couldn't help myself.

Fun day up there. Enough fog to preserve the snow till almost 1.
    Half right. Didn't have anything to do with super bowl. It was all of the hang fire throughout the canyon and the rest of the pockets that couldn't be hit with charges and the very rapid warming that kept it closed. Stuff was already starting to want to move around lower in the canyon by 9am with little to no effort.

Pictures of the topic at hand

Quote Originally Posted by snojones View Post
    I also just heard a rumor that Bachelor fired the general manager! Double WOW!
    It happened a month ago
    http://www.ktvz.com/news/dave-rathbu...entgm/38554310

Quote Originally Posted by noparking View Post
    Pictures of the topic at hand

That looks like some truly wonderful skiing there. I really lament not being able to shred that gnar.

But seriously, thanks for the detailed pics.

heather canyon has a long history of being called "heathers" or "heather's" so i wasn't dinging him for spelling or apostrophes. i'm pretty sure most people here know that but i just couldn't help myself.
    Brah, forget heathers, Clark's canyon is the shit, everyone knows that!

hey, I was just bored at work on a Saturday... No feather rufflage intended; after my pre-close medible, I couldn't help myself either, and had to stick up for the dude

I actually don't know why I'm posting any of this... you guys are like me and just here to get your Post Count up, right?
    Last edited by FatKidFromFL; 04-16-2016 at 11:34 PM.

i'm plucked. no feathers to ruffle.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    Join me and Jonesy for drinks at Pine Martin @noon if the tbs plan falls apart. 8:30 t time under red chair, copy.
    On our way up... Late start. Look for a tele freak in a lime green wind shirt.

Greetings Earthlings
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

^^^I give up - what is going on in those last two pics?

Great skiing with jonesy and the flowing clan - until the Velcro came out.
    Also nice to walk up to someone in the bar and ask "do you have change for a nickel?" And they answer "yes I do". Great hanging with flyoverland captive. Hope to ski you again before season is over.

I raise a glass of cheer. It was a good day to be a skier.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Beermt.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	601.0 KB 
ID:	180856
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

2015-2016 ORYGUN - Bach, Hood, A-Lakes, Wallowa, HooDoo, Wilamette, etc

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    ^^^I give up - what is going on in those last two pics?
    Someone was telling a story about games a guide at a hut near Fairy Meadows taught him. The challenge is to balance on one foot and bend down and pick up the paper bag with your mouth. After each round that is successful, the paper bag is folded down lower. He said some of the his hut-mates were able to still get it when it was almost flat. I was not even successful at full height; I'm not flexible enough. E got it; the teenage girls got it. Two dads got it.

Another one he told us about was "table bouldering" where you have to circumnavigate the heavy hut table without touching the floor.

As you can tell, the parking lot activities were a little more entertaining than the glue-y skiing. But we had a good time sliding early morning...

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Also nice to walk up to someone in the bar and ask "do you have change for a nickel?" And they answer "yes I do". Great hanging with flyoverland captive. Hope to ski you again before season is over.
    Great to meet you freaks too! Shit, we've still got 6 weeks to go. And all summer to drink too much in my back yard.

Looks like a glorious weekend was had by all. Jealous I was not there to partake in the festivities.

"heather canyon" not "heathers"
    Heather's. Better?

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    Heather's. Better?
    "heather canyon." i know YOU know that.

speaking of which, if i am going to do some practice uphill by the end of may, is timberline the only place on hood to do it easily? all the access to heather and clark is melted by then isn't it? requiring a hike in to start? i don't think my knee can take it at this point. i was just going to ride palmer and then split the board and make some shorter laps above palmer where nothing will fall on me hopefully.