Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DMCSKI75 View Post
    Nice shots!!! It's been an amazing 4 days , probably the best in a few seasons, any word on how the alpine held up today?? Was there rain or just warm temps??? Planning a tour out to musical bumps, Thursday not sure if it's worth it after today, any info is appreciated
    Rained to peak for about an hour. Otherwise the FL's held to 1800 to 2000. Looks like worse is over. Thursday should be ok but go down Singing Pass only if masochist

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Rained to peak for about an hour. Otherwise the FL's held to 1800 to 2000. Looks like worse is over. Thursday should be ok but go down Singing Pass only if masochist
    Thanks for the update, looked at the temps for symphony & peak showed no positives, so we'll see... Maybe blackcomb side country is in better shape, last Friday was a dream come true...as for singing pass I've avoided it the Last couple seasons, easier to skin back into resort.

Current forecast is looking solid for us weekend warriors. Getting spoiled this early in the season.

Friday is looking like a great day too.

Enough weekend pow, us jaded locals had enough of that last year! Super windy today so nothing was spinning up top. New snow is good though, nice and light.

Great laps in Harmony this afternoon, Pikas open to Horseshoe 8. Few people, 15-20cms on top of the crust and some deep wind loading Didn't see another person on my third lap
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1449711314.576957.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	350.4 KB 
ID:	173135Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1449711328.259832.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	295.8 KB 
ID:	173136

Was there a closure at the top of Crystal when it opened today, or JC?
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Heading to Whistler tomorrow until Sunday for the company Christmas party. First world problems, should I be bringing the Hojis or the Renegades? Also bringing the rc112s, so have that side of things covered, just not sure how deep it is there right now. Any heads up much appreciated.
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

On piste, nice conditions on top half. Snow changes from powder to not-powder about 1/2 way between Roundhouse and gondy moderation. Windy at Roundhouse and that's prob #1 reason Alpine lifts not open. Looks like Friday will be the only calm day for a while. Conditions up top area really nice skiing.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Heading up to Duffey(think I spelled that right this time...) on Monday Tuesday for a hut trip , trying to decide what would be best conditions, Joffre , Keith's , or Cayoosh , any suggestions or in put would be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    On piste, nice conditions on top half. Snow changes from powder to not-powder about 1/2 way between Roundhouse and gondy moderation. Windy at Roundhouse and that's prob #1 reason Alpine lifts not open. Looks like Friday will be the only calm day for a while. Conditions up top area really nice skiing.
    You mean off piste for the nice conditions top half? And thanks for the info
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Quote Originally Posted by shafty85 View Post
    Heading to Whistler tomorrow until Sunday for the company Christmas party. First world problems, should I be bringing the Hojis or the Renegades? Also bringing the rc112s, so have that side of things covered, just not sure how deep it is there right now. Any heads up much appreciated.
    For the resort, looks like a Hoji weekend to me, not silly deep but some snow on the way for sure to cover up any rain damage from Tuesday.

Harmony was pretty deep today after being closed Tuesday. Plus 20 new during the day and still coming down.

Break in weather for Friday so alpine should open long enough we can scalp everything. Then another storm on Sat so back to Red and Green chairs?

If so then BC might be the bet on Sat with Crystal storm skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldo View Post
    Harmony was pretty deep today after being closed Tuesday. Plus 20 new during the day and still coming down.

Break in weather for Friday so alpine should open long enough we can scalp everything. Then another storm on Sat so back to Red and Green chairs?

If so then BC might be the bet on Sat with Crystal storm skiing.
    How long was Harmony open today? I checked earlier and it was standby then closed.

I've already done more desk jockeying weekend planning these past few weeks than all of last winter. Such is life in the cubes of downtown Vancouver.

It was low viz, blowing till close. Was actually surprised they ran the peak 2 peak in those conditions. If it calms a bit Friday it will be acceptable ... Ah but then the blizzard starts again Saturday ...
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Top trees are OK. That's considering how bad it was last year. But a bit down Crystal the deadfall is an ever present hazard. It's just not deep enough in a lot of places yet. There are even a lot of exposed cracks and creeks on-piste. Jersey Cream area is OK but with some nasty surprise hazards in places. It's good enough for Dec 10 to start practicing

Quote Originally Posted by shafty85 View Post
    You mean off piste for the nice conditions top half? And thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    How long was Harmony open today? I checked earlier and it was standby then closed.
    Harmony closed last 2 days = deep powderlicious wellness day. Happy I booked off today to play & avoid the weekend crowds

I think it ran from about 9:45 - 1:45 pm.

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    How long was Harmony open today? I checked earlier and it was standby then closed...
    Opened at 9:45 and ran until about 1:30? We bailed as winds got brutal up top after 1. Almost blown over heading for Tbars.

What Spark said.

I thought today was Wednesday so, yes, H was closed two days.

Today was ok...face shots to mid station...fresh tracks to base, knee deep in harmony before it closed,

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1449800107.059459.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	620.5 KB 
ID:	173180Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1449800136.220935.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	614.3 KB 
ID:	173181Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1449800150.292188.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	590.8 KB 
ID:	173182

I got up at 1:30 for a few laps and they were already pulling the chairs off harmony, then a bunch of wind stops on green and all the sudden it was gone 2 and I'd only done a lap....snow quality was excellent and it was still storming hard. Hoping Peak finally cracks after being shut down for the past 8 days.

Did a lap down pakalolo in the morning, still felt the crust underneath. Probably gone now with this new snow. Enjoy tomorrow, I'll be back at work

Did 3 laps up to Harmony ridge yesterday when they opened Pikas for hiking. We decided to leave it for those who didn't get a piece yesterday and lapped the Peak a few times finishing w a deep Million Dollar. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1449806610.923241.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	457.2 KB 
ID:	173185
    No one around
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Today is looking good. Had I seen the snow report/forecast before getting to work, I probably would have taken a ski day.
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

I notice the grooming report this morning lists runs on 7th and even Showcase, so looks like more alpine lifts maybe opening for the first time today.

In case you want to know the exact time lifts were open, check here: http://kevinlowe.ca/lifts.php?showall

Quote Originally Posted by Eldudeorino View Post
    In case you want to know the exact time lifts were open, check here: http://kevinlowe.ca/lifts.php?showall
    I spent a good 10 minutes trying to search google for this yesterday, lost my old bookmarks! Thank you.

Also in the camp of should've-taken-a-sick-day today. Enjoy it boys.