Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    wind calls the day on Whistler! they put red on standby a few chairs after I got on, chunky's was stupid deep...decided to not wait around for chairs to come off standby, hopefully tomorrow goes off
    Ditto blackcomb. Was going to skin up to Crystal but it was nuking winds even there

Hopefully the wind dies down for tomorrow. I managed to get out of a nightshift tonight sos I could be fresh for morning turns.
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

Question

Is the parking lot at Brandywine Falls plowed in the winter. If not, is it typically accessible in April?

edit: Google comes through. Sounds like a small parking area is usually plowed out near the (closed) gate even during the winter.
    Last edited by The AD; 03-11-2016 at 03:47 PM.

VD chutes delivered yesterday after Red opened around 145. Was pretty much lift accessed heli skiing, though it did get chowdery near the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    VD chutes delivered yesterday after Red opened around 145. Was pretty much lift accessed heli skiing, though it did get chowdery near the bottom.
    How don't doubt that at all! Would have been prime in there!
    The skills of evaluating evidence, posing questions and answering them, of writing, of mobilizing information in order to make an argument. I think all of that is important in a democratic society if people are actually going to be active citizens - Eric Foner

yesterday was pretty good, today was pretty better, with lap after lap of this until late

^^^^^^ snow quality has been amazing! Had the best West Cirque to Xmas Trees run in years and a great Khyber yesterday. My legs are sore.

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    ^^^^^^ snow quality has been amazing! Had the best West Cirque to Xmas Trees run in years and a great Khyber yesterday. My legs are sore.
    sounds like my day on sunday! was pretty close to the front for peak opening, first lap WC/CT, CT was ridiculously deep, then mil $, and 3 khyber's....4 days of awesome shredding had my body feeling crushed sunday night, didn't mind a busy day of meetings at work yesterday tbh!

OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Crazy! Was there on Sunday and commented to my buddy about tree wells in that area.
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Yeah, that sucks. We pulled the trigger on our trip for the first week of March, right when it started to snow. I was super paranoid skiing in the trees, I was telling my wife to be careful in there.

We had a killer trip, much pow was skied. One of my best trips west ever I'd have to say. You never know when you are going to get the snow.......

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0375.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	178261

Great pic.

Truly awful reading about the tree well accident. The woman was skiing with her husband too, I can't imagine the pain . Thoughts to family and friends.

a little sled ski stoke from last week. It was good!

That was better than my 11th post.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Wow... well put together vid. Some good old punk rock to keep the vibes high.
    The skills of evaluating evidence, posing questions and answering them, of writing, of mobilizing information in order to make an argument. I think all of that is important in a democratic society if people are actually going to be active citizens - Eric Foner

I saw Volkl BMT 109's on sale at Skiis and Bikes yesterday for $750 CAD.

You US mags should be all over that and get your asses over there ASAP.

For $576 USD you can get a $1200 USD ski.

I hear they had to move a lot of stock from the East stores they had and so that is why they have such deals going right now.

Who's skiing the pb smeared on top of jam?

I

Quote Originally Posted by Schemeboat View Post
    Who's skiing the pb smeared on top of jam?

I
    What does 'pb smeared on top of jam' mean?

Did you get free ganj at the back entrance to Mongolie grill?

HI!
    My friends bought a half of Hawaiian sativa from a dispensary in Vancouver. They couldn't finish it, and left me with the quarter or so. "Hey Fatty, we were gonna leave this at the condo, do you want it?" "Sure, and on my mother's honor, I won't waste any of it."

Only problem is that flowers lack the pizazz of that which is most irie: BHO. With safety an absolute top priority on the mountain: all meetings were conducted via BHO pen, leaving a supply of, "unneeded" green.

Which brings me to the elevator that always smells like ginger and garlic. I wasted 15 mins walking to the Carlton lodge hoping to find one of my guides at the XCan desk. No-go, no-show, no-tip. "Did that gaper just say he hired a guide?" "I'm a fat kid from FL, what do you expect?" For half the village stroll I had been looking for an unsuspecting mark to drop this bag off with; finding nothing but English families braving the snow in hoodies with rossignol rentals carried crossed across their bodies. (Maybe I can geocache it and put the coordinates on TGR....). I

That's when I saw you. "Hey man, do you smoke cannabis?" Your expression belied your true feelings (is he a cop or just a dad-tourist?) even as you replied feebly "yessss sssir". Did you think you were about to get jacked? Arrested? What must have been running through your drug-addled-post-adolescent-mind as I swung my backpack around and retrieved the bag of drugs. I stammered off something about a quarter of sativa, a practically new bowl, some pre-rolled joints, a pack of papers, and some leftovers from grams of Oregon BHO, watching your eyes glaze over like a great white shark about to bite a dead seal stuffed with baby seals. And they should, because fuck it, this is what you were put here to do: Work in a kitchen at a ski town and wait for departing tourists to hook you up with their unused weed.

Au revoir WB.
    Last edited by FatKidFromFL; 03-25-2016 at 08:42 AM. Reason: Grammar OCD

lol fkna great story.

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    What does 'pb smeared on top of jam' mean?
    Sort of a conditions update from that day. Schmoo on top of wet pow. Since buried and skiing is great.

Please don't tell me I missed a great day today.

Found nice soft fluffy tracked out turns off Peak chair at 2pm on Sunday for my short shift of skiing between baby watching. First turns in the am would have been wonderful.

Made it out to Fissile today for the first time (finally). Just Banana Chute but I will be back for NW face and maybe Saddle some day. Legit pow on north aspects which were skiing very well. Day started with outflow winds that felt more intense than forecast but settled quickly. The sun was intense today and looks like most things will be cooked in the next few days with rising FL. Singing Pass is still fine, maybe 3 open creeks and a few rock/grass gaps on the last section but not sure how long that will last.

Anyone know approx vertical gained/descended and total distance starting at the bottom of Flute, going up Fissile and then back out Cowboy/Singing Pass?