Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

2015/16 whistler /Pemberton /Duffy lake thread

Haven't seen anything yet on this post so instead of just following I thought to get things started. Having followed these threads the last few years so let's here who's been getting after any of that fresh?

My housemate is up poking around Keith's area today, he doesn't post on here but I'll fill you in when he gets back.

He was up on the glacier when mike d and co were up there doing the promo stuff, said it was sweet!

Whistler helli claiming 50+cm up high apparently.

Sweet!!! working until Thursday then planning on getting out or hitting the resort of it opens early. Saw whistler heli photos about snow totals, here's hoping for a good season!!! Any updates would be great!!! Thx

The report is good, 80-100cm base in the open at about 2000m.

Apparently worth the trip

That's a good report, should be 2 more systems rolling in this week, could make for some good early season

Anyone know when they make the call for opening? Guessing they want at least 5 days notice?

Current outlook is pretty good considering El Niño.

Hey Canadians, the Season seems to be shaping up nicely at your side of the ocean, eh?
    Seriously though how likely is it that after the upcoming week some resorts in BC will open early? I have time on my hands and Europe is looking pretty dire. Shall i just wait and see what happens the coming week? I Can get to Vancouver for 700 euros and to calgary for 580 around november 17th.

Is it possible to get reasonable early season deals in the big resorts like revelstoke/ whistler or is it as expensive as it looks? My meager european sabbatical budget does not rival the budget of American dentists.
    And being completely clueless I'd like to ask which resorts should I visit (IF they open early) for nice green groomers.....errr wait..... for decent Inbound or slack country terrain comparable to Europe. (or nice trees with pillows if it keeps dumping).

I Have a ski touring/ resort/ cat trip planned to northern BC /Rogers pass/Terrace and so on with a camper van in February, but I havent done any reasearch on ski resorts close to any airports in southern BC so I thought I'd ask here.
    Last edited by subtle plague; 11-09-2015 at 04:02 AM. Reason: obviously beacuse I am gay
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Anyone know when they make the call for opening? Guessing they want at least 5 days notice?

Current outlook is pretty good considering El Niño.
    It would be any day now they would make that call...possibly after Tuesday's storm cycle? As for other Canadian resorts open, lake Louise has 3 runs open , pretty sure Rogers pass has a few turns down it and northern bc looks pretty nice

I would just spend that time and money on Februrary. This time of year is going to be pretty bony for a while yet.

February /March is always better snow coverage...its rock board season for the next few weeks

Quote Originally Posted by DMCSKI75 View Post
    It would be any day now they would make that call...possibly after Tuesday's storm cycle? As for other Canadian resorts open, lake Louise has 3 runs open , pretty sure Rogers pass has a few turns down it and northern bc looks pretty nice

Nah, don't be duped by LL. Its only 1 run open

Tits deep at Tenquille Lake this weekend

Knee deep in other places

Living proof that evolution is dead

Ok time to go bike, might be the last one for a while

I know, but the resort usually makes the call a certain number of days before opening to give adequate time for the marketing machine, staffing and whatever other operational concerns exist. I get the feeling it will be Friday November 20.

Axelerate: nice pics man!

if this system delivers thurs/fri.....and the freezing levels cooperate..........

Heading up Friday to check out the goods, hopefully freezing levels cooperate...

Heading up Friday to check out the goods, hopefully freezing levels cooperate...
    Bold move cotton. Better make the most of the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by nickel View Post
    Bold move cotton. Better make the most of the morning.
    If anything it will be another conditioning day...

Anyone needs a ride up or wants to tag along I'm leaving van around 6:30am Friday

So Friday opener?

Any beta from folks out of the Paul Ridge area? Or is that too low given the freezing levels we've had so far.
    The skills of evaluating evidence, posing questions and answering them, of writing, of mobilizing information in order to make an argument. I think all of that is important in a democratic society if people are actually going to be active citizens - Eric Foner

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    So Friday opener?
    We'll see about that, they have the snow, it would just be green & red chair, best to hike for anything good, revised freezing levels are looking promising ...

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    So Friday opener?
    probably not Friday, but above average chances for Saturday if my sources are correct.

I bought an early bird (April 2015) EDGE card for this season assuming they were offering the unlimited early season (open to ~Dec 20) skiing perk again this year. Now I can't find mention of it. Did I screw up?

It was cheaper doing that plus spring add-on than a pass last year. Break even was 25ish days, I only got 15 at the resort last year. Hopefully more this time around.

Edit: found it, unlimited till Dec 18 plus two night skiing tickets to Grouse (yay? Maybe I can sell those). March 30-close is $79 add on again.

Saturday is most likely the day...it will be announced Wednesday afternoon