A few Zermatt mini-reviews- Enforcer, BMT94, Cham97 2.0, pinnacle 118

Ski tested zermatt yesterday. Mostly good condition piste with little bit of choppy and wind crusty off piste. I'm 180cm, 75kg. Normal skier.

Enforcer 185- was interested to try this after the rave reviews. Guess what? It's really good. Easy, quick, stable, fun. Great ski for cruising around when there's not new snow. Too bad it's new this season and you can't get a version cheap yet.

BMT94 186- not as fun as Enforcer, you've gotta do more to start and finish turns but felt great on steeper stuff with light swing weight and good bite. Hates running flat.

Cham97 2.0- vanilla, less fun version of the Enforcer

Pinnacle 118 184- I have the sideseth annex 118 version, this one is more fun shape but also less lively but still really solid. Not great conditions to arrive at any real verdict.
    'waxman is correct, and so far with 40+ days of tasting them there is no way my tongue can tell the difference between wood, and plastic made to taste like wood...but i'm a weirdo and lick my gear...' -kidwoo

amazing how our opinions so frequently overlaps... it must be because we're both normal skiers :-)
    I've tried 8 oneskiquivers in saas-fee 15 days ago.
    The enforcer and the new bonafide (improved by the carbo tips and tails) were the best in class, two amazing do-it-all skis which were so hard to return to the test booth. The enforcer was a bit more powerful, the bonafide a bit more easy. minimal details. I also liked the scott punisher 95 (but, at variance with the bonafide and enforcer, totally on the fun side), and a bit the pinnacle 95, which soon reached its speed limit. The Cham 97 was better than the previous versions because dynastar finally added a bit of rocker in the taper position of the tail (the previous tapered and flat tail was a big question mark for me) but I totally agree that the Cham is dull in any aspect after skiing the enforcer and the bonafide. Kastle BMX108 lite was a disaster (so bad I suspect it was out of tuning) and the salomon Q98 was a bah...

Ha! Maybe we'll actually ski together one of these days. Life has gotten pretty busy w/ 2 little ones for me, but will give a shout if I actually get over to Verb to use some of my free days there.

Yeah, I wanted to try the new Bonafide but I could never get my size so figured it wasn't really worth it. Maybe I'm a bit harsh on the Cham97 2.0, by vanilla, I still mean good, just not great. Surprised the K2 wasn't very stable, also looks like similarly designed ski.
    'waxman is correct, and so far with 40+ days of tasting them there is no way my tongue can tell the difference between wood, and plastic made to taste like wood...but i'm a weirdo and lick my gear...' -kidwoo

Quote Originally Posted by ulty_guy View Post
    Ha! Maybe we'll actually ski together one of these days. Life has gotten pretty busy w/ 2 little ones for me, but will give a shout if I actually get over to Verb to use some of my free days there.

Yeah, I wanted to try the new Bonafide but I could never get my size so figured it wasn't really worth it. Maybe I'm a bit harsh on the Cham97 2.0, by vanilla, I still mean good, just not great. Surprised the K2 wasn't very stable, also looks like similarly designed ski.
    I guess the new K2 pinnacle construction is lighter... but less powerful. I wanted to like the pinnacle 95 but enforcer, bonafide and the punisher were way better. I also tried the mantra just to remember the feeling of a full reverse. Mantra actually ski great, but on the hard snow of saas they had no advantage over the classic bonafide and enforcer positive camber.
    Said that, as a yurp daily driver I would still consider the 4FRNT devastator. Stellar ski.

Quote Originally Posted by verbier61 View Post
    amazing how our opinions so frequently overlaps... it must be because we're both normal skiers :-)
    I've tried 8 oneskiquivers in saas-fee 15 days ago.
    The enforcer and the new bonafide (improved by the carbo tips and tails) were the best in class, two amazing do-it-all skis which were so hard to return to the test booth. The enforcer was a bit more powerful, the bonafide a bit more easy. minimal details. I also liked the scott punisher 95 (but, at variance with the bonafide and enforcer, totally on the fun side), and a bit the pinnacle 95, which soon reached its speed limit. The Cham 97 was better than the previous versions because dynastar finally added a bit of rocker in the taper position of the tail (the previous tapered and flat tail was a big question mark for me) but I totally agree that the Cham is dull in any aspect after skiing the enforcer and the bonafide. Kastle BMX108 lite was a disaster (so bad I suspect it was out of tuning) and the salomon Q98 was a bah...
    Do you mean the punisher was less powerful and more fun or the other way around?

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    Do you mean the punisher was less powerful and more fun or the other way around?
    punisher = fun
    bonafide/enforcer = power