Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    I've had deep turns this year, and awesome long pow runs early season, but first chair on Teton will be hard to top. Tits to overhead deep top to bottom. I learned the hard way to take a deep breath before you turned! Damn that will be hard to top, but I'm up for the challenge!

What a day. Got to ski with Baby bear at the end of the day.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1454206210022.jpg 
Views:	272 
Size:	23.4 KB 
ID:	175889  

Yes indeed. Working an avalanche course, but still face shots all day.

Came in warm so is sticking well to crust on south and old warm snow on north. Anywhere that got wind was sending shooting cracks at density break in storm snow.

So who thought it was a good idea to ski Spacewalk today? Come on, fess up.

Alright, I'm in town for one more day. Mag lap from the top of the ghandi @ high noon? That should give those of you who imbibed a little too hard at tonight's stickpuck on ice game time to recover and make it to the hill.

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post
    Yes indeed. Working an avalanche course, but still face shots all day.

Came in warm so is sticking well to crust on south and old warm snow on north. Anywhere that got wind was sending shooting cracks at density break in storm snow.
    Early runs yesterday morning it felt like their was a big density difference in the new snow. If I slowed down a little too much and one ski punched through the density change layer, I definitely felt it in my skis. Thanks Homemadesalsa

Quote Originally Posted by skiing-in-jackson View Post
    5★
    Saturday was just one of those days, we were all heroes. Today too.

For @ 2 feet of snow practically overnight, it was remarkably right-side-up, user friendly and well-behaved. At least below treeline.
    "The two best times to fish is when it's rainin' and when it ain't." - Rancid Crabtree

"never buy anything you can't fuel with a salami sandwich" - XXX-er

I love pow and it was still bonkers if you were willing to work for it. Should be fun tomorrow too!

Figured I throw it out there...

If anyone has interest in 4 tix for Bela and Abigail W. At the Center for the arts, let me know. Second row, I think!

Face.

Bummed that we can't go. It'll be good.

Just saw that, crazy.

just heard a rumor that apparently it was two tourists who accidentally hucked the Buttress out the why not gate.....

You'd think two tourist deaths OB last weekend would have cured 'em of that madness

send it for the boys

http://buckrail.com/1438286950422282...uries-reported
    (Teton Village, Wyo.) - Three skiers survived an extremely serious fall in the “Why Not” vicinity of the Rock Springs Backcountry located south of Jackson Hole Mountain Resort.
    At approximately 10:05 a.m. JHMR Ski Patrol received a call reporting an incident by a witness that saw three skiers fall approximately 60 feet over cliffs and rocks in the skiers’ right area of Why Not Couloir in Rock Springs Backcountry. A party of five skiers from California had exited the resort boundary via the “Why Not” Backcountry gate located on the south side of the resort just prior to this. The party had split (2 carrying on with no incident), while the other three who were unfamiliar with the area found themselves above a steep icy cliff area. Subsequent actions led them to fall the entire pitch of the cliff and rock band. All 3 survived suffering minor to serious injuries. Two were extracted from the area by Teton County Search and Rescue helicopter while the third was taken to the Teton Village clinic by a toboggan.
    During the incident, JHMR closed the Aerial tram and two backcountry access gates in the vicinity for approximately 90 minutes to ensure a safe environment for the responders given the vulnerability of the location below major backcountry features.
    "We are pleased to report there were no fatalities with this serious incident,” commented Jerry Blann, President of JHMR. “It prompts us all to remember that backcountry travel can have extreme consequences and it is imperative that you know the terrain, know the conditions and be fully equipped for all eventualities. We wish these skiers a full and speedy recovery.”

The headline reads like a slow pitch, but sounds like an incredibly lucky ending. -aw

Ticket Deals for Jackson Hole late February?

Are there any ticket deals for the Hole to be had for late February?
    Thanks

Jackson Hole Roll Call 15/16!

Quote Originally Posted by baby bear View Post
    http://buckrail.com/1438286950422282...uries-reported
    (Teton Village, Wyo.) - Three skiers survived an extremely serious fall in the “Why Not” vicinity of the Rock Springs Backcountry located south of Jackson Hole Mountain Resort.
    At approximately 10:05 a.m. JHMR Ski Patrol received a call reporting an incident by a witness that saw three skiers fall approximately 60 feet over cliffs and rocks in the skiers’ right area of Why Not Couloir in Rock Springs Backcountry. A party of five skiers from California had exited the resort boundary via the “Why Not” Backcountry gate located on the south side of the resort just prior to this. The party had split (2 carrying on with no incident), while the other three who were unfamiliar with the area found themselves above a steep icy cliff area. Subsequent actions led them to fall the entire pitch of the cliff and rock band. All 3 survived suffering minor to serious injuries. Two were extracted from the area by Teton County Search and Rescue helicopter while the third was taken to the Teton Village clinic by a toboggan.
    During the incident, JHMR closed the Aerial tram and two backcountry access gates in the vicinity for approximately 90 minutes to ensure a safe environment for the responders given the vulnerability of the location below major backcountry features.
    "We are pleased to report there were no fatalities with this serious incident,” commented Jerry Blann, President of JHMR. “It prompts us all to remember that backcountry travel can have extreme consequences and it is imperative that you know the terrain, know the conditions and be fully equipped for all eventualities. We wish these skiers a full and speedy recovery.”

The headline reads like a slow pitch, but sounds like an incredibly lucky ending. -aw
    Last weeks news is forgotten this week in today's instant gratification society. :-/ maybe someday people will learn.

On, they didn't have Avi gear and had been in that area on Saturday with no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    Last weeks news is forgotten this week in today's instant gratification society. :-/ maybe someday people will learn.

On, they didn't have Avi gear and had been in that area on Saturday with no issues.
    Beta - 2 doctors from CA, and a nurse. No avi gear whatsoever; all borders. Didn't like the choke of the typical line of Wy Not (which is highly doable and c-thru to safety), so they falling leafed to skiers right over a very south facing ice cliff area and tumbled basically in the same area. One guys helmet was found in very small pieces around his fall, though he has a long road ahead of him seemed to have saved his life.

New line already named "Fung's Way"

We were out at 4 pines while the heli was flying around. Wondered what was going on. Scary. Those guys got pretty lucky.
    "Shit, I'll choke her while she's cleaning, and I'll do it wearing a helmet cam mounted on a full-face helmet.
    I'll have meatdrink9 do the lighting for the shot. He'll make it artsy as fuck."
    - Phunk

perhaps they were training to send shot 4 @ the BBI

Thinking about No Shadows/ Four Shadows mission. Anybody out there today? thoughts on stability and how it is skiing are appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk_56 View Post
    Are there any ticket deals for the Hole to be had for late February?
    Thanks
    NO. SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU FUCKING MORON!
    YOU = ASSHAT

Hey STFUYFM,
    Thank you for your help and kind words!

this could be the new jongs laughter poster reincarnated

Quote Originally Posted by ghettostyle View Post
    Beta - 2 doctors from CA, and a nurse. No avi gear whatsoever; all borders. Didn't like the choke of the typical line of Wy Not (which is highly doable and c-thru to safety), so they falling leafed to skiers right over a very south facing ice cliff area and tumbled basically in the same area. One guys helmet was found in very small pieces around his fall, though he has a long road ahead of him seemed to have saved his life.

New line already named "Fung's Way"
    Unbelievable. It's never going to end....Cajun Couloir