Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Jackson Hole Roll Call 15/16!

Bam! We're up and running... the season is nigh, turns have already been had on the Pass, Togwotee, and Targhee, and no doubt the multitudes will be out this weekend lusting for their first turns and updating their new touring setup with tons of coreshots.

Let the season begineth!
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Murica!

Just got back to 'Adult DisneyLand' & it is nice to see the place white after spending a couple weeks with the family in Vermont. Heard good reports from Togwotee so far. Two Oceans is always a sweet spot to start the winter.
    Always charging it in honor of Flyin' Ryan Hawks.

Checkin' in. Likin' the white on the peaks and the white in the forecast!

I think the high temp today is going to be something like 33
    Yessssss
    skid luxury

First year since 2007 I wont be around. Skiing yurp this winter but good god Iam gonna miss tram laps! Get some folks!

Quote Originally Posted by baby bear View Post
    I think the high temp today is going to be something like 33
    Yessssss
    Frozen dirt yeahaw! Wait... I'm the only one still holding onto bike season.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1446742359.982876.jpg 
Views:	834 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	171246

Shot from riding past the snow guns up at snow king last night.
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Quote Originally Posted by beer30 View Post
    First year since 2007 I wont be around. Skiing yurp this winter but good god Iam gonna miss tram laps! Get some folks!
    have fun!
    JH will still be here

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post
    Frozen dirt yeahaw! Wait... I'm the only one still holding onto bike season.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1446742359.982876.jpg 
Views:	834 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	171246

Shot from riding past the snow guns up at snow king last night.
    I'm not a biker, (my riding is from Wilson to the Calico or Coach in nice weather after the kids are in bed), but I'm not ready for it either. Bring back the 50's - 60's! Even 40's are cool. Fishing is fantastic right now even with the nasty valley weather.

I'd keep biking and hiking if the weather went that way
    But since the mtn is going to open in a couple wks I'm happy for the temps

Did some repeats on hi skool butte yesterday and snapped this pic of the crazy sky and clouds hung up on the peaks but sunny in town

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1446745335.531353.jpg 
Views:	480 
Size:	61.7 KB 
ID:	171250
    skid luxury

Checking in! Coming out with the kids from Christmas till New Year's day, then an adult trip at the end of January....

Schwerty, 70 in the U.P. today!! It's been pretty crazy around here.

Colin, I'm sure you are on here now... don't know your screen name though. Enjoy your first season in the Tetons.
    "Shit, I'll choke her while she's cleaning, and I'll do it wearing a helmet cam mounted on a full-face helmet.
    I'll have meatdrink9 do the lighting for the shot. He'll make it artsy as fuck."
    - Phunk

Pssht. It's November. It's time for snowy pursuits

Quote Originally Posted by yooper View Post
    Checking in! Coming out with the kids from Christmas till New Year's day, then an adult trip at the end of January....

Schwerty, 70 in the U.P. today!! It's been pretty crazy around here.

Colin, I'm sure you are on here now... don't know your screen name though. Enjoy your first season in the Tetons.
    I heard it's been super warm back in the upper Midwest. Comfy fishin temps anyway.

I'll be here. Give me a heads up before you come out. My kids would be happy to show yours around the mtn. I'll be happy to take a few laps too if we don't get into too many brown waters watching football. Go Pack!

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    I heard it's been super warm back in the upper Midwest. Comfy fishin temps anyway.

I'll be here. Give me a heads up before you come out. My kids would be happy to show yours around the mtn. I'll be happy to take a few laps too if we don't get into too many brown waters watching football. Go Pack!
    Man, that would be awesome. My kids are 11 and almost 13. That would be great if they had some other kids to ski with. Pack is looking tough again!
    "Shit, I'll choke her while she's cleaning, and I'll do it wearing a helmet cam mounted on a full-face helmet.
    I'll have meatdrink9 do the lighting for the shot. He'll make it artsy as fuck."
    - Phunk

Quote Originally Posted by baby bear View Post
    have fun!
    JH will still be here
    Thanks, my sentiments exactly!

Checking in from Boise. Planning on being in/around JH periodically throughout the winter, after all, it's just a quick 5.5 hour cruise across the Great Potato from here.

Anyone been out to poke around yet in the park/Teton Pass?

Quote Originally Posted by fire.on.the.mountain View Post
    Anyone been out to poke around yet in the park/Teton Pass?
    Not me... still a touch too thin until this last storm, plus I've been busy with the WYSAW
    http://www.tetoncountysar.org/events...ovember-7-2015
    Any of you all going to this? I'll try to post up links to the videos as it's all being filmed. $40 for a whole day, including lunch and a ticket to see Meru. Pretty good deal plus you get your avy eyes and brain tuned up.

The wife and I are going to the BC Zero kickoff that evening. Do you know what time the speaker starts for that?

I had hoped to go sat but have to attend a baby shower and a funeral

Look fwd to hearing about it
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by Franz View Post
    The wife and I are going to the BC Zero kickoff that evening. Do you know what time the speaker starts for that?
    7pm BCZero kicks off

Both WYSAW and BCZero are worth getting to. WYSAW, has been put together by some of the most knowledgeable and committed avalanche professionals in the area. It is meant to benefit all of us that get into avalanche terrain in the Tetons.

A while back in TCSAR we started looking at how to be proactive rather than just reactive to emergencies in the backcountry. Programs like 'what is in your pack' came out of this. Backcountry zero is an initiative that will involve more than just SAR with the goal of making people safer.
    Last edited by galenparke; 11-07-2015 at 07:08 AM.

Ah i wish. Couldn't scrape together the money right on the heels of rent. Looking forward to the videos though if you're able to get the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Franz View Post
    Doors open to public at 5, then raffle and launch are at 7:10. It will be busy so I'd show up closer to 5 than 7. Run time for movie is 87 minutes.

Oh hi Galen- didn't see your post above! See you soon!

And I'll post up the video links when they become live. Baby bear sorry about the funeral. We'll meet in person some day...

Skinned out to Ely yesterday a.m. Probably one of the latest "first days" in my time here and also one of the thinnest snowpacks. Still found turns on a few grassy meadows. I'm sure it's skiing better today. Snowpack felt solid without the hollow base layer we often have.

Events tomorrow will be very informational and fun. Wish I could get there but committed to a WFR recert and, unfortunately, a memorial service. Fire on the mtn, or anyone. If you really want to go and were willing to help out during the event a bit send me a PM.

Bumping the new thread to the top.

Wysaw turned out well, I think, although I am biased. Great speakers, plus an all-star panel. I really liked how involved the audience got in the panel and subsequent conversation. Wish we hadn't been out of time. Great job everyone.

Ten thousand thanks to every TCSAR volunteer who gave hours of hard work, then had to go to a heart-wrenching memorial service.