Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Yuk

No bueno
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    RIP & vibes to those that knew him.
    He spent a few years in slc, very capable summer/winter peak bagger. The process of hiking and scouting new lines was his passion, well above work on the priority list. Our first tour together beforehand he asked if I was comfortable rappelling into a line . Put up some pics in the slide zone as an rip. He was the type to get bored and do the Grand, strong cat.

Rip wes

Sad day. Visitors who must have been completely lost. Not the first time that has occurred in that area.

The upper Rock Springs gate has always been problematic because the lower is
    relatively benign, and people think, "oh, 500 feet more of vert" not realizing there is a huge cliff band in between.

Both died from trauma, my friends assisted in the probe line and extraction. Saw the skis, 165 rentals, so again
    clearly folks way in over their heads.

Sad for their friends and family.
    The market is dominated by fat skis largely because young toughs want what they see in videos: organ donors hucking into heliski bowls. -Seth Masia

Quote Originally Posted by SuperGaper View Post
    my friends assisted in the probe line and extraction. Saw the skis, 165 rentals
    Oh my, that is truly unfortunate if accurate.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Had some people who definitely seemed like tourists, with no avalache gear and knowledge of the area ("Is there a cliff over here?") drop in on top of us and ski up right above us near the entrance to spacewalk on Saturday. Could have been these guys for all I know. Got a dose of screaming at from me. Sad incident, but would have been even worse had they taken out someone who was making smart decisions but was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    Oh my, that is truly unfortunate if accurate.
    Sadly accurate as I stood at Union Pass lift at 5 pm with patrol, with the skis on their packs. Not much more to
    say about this one, ill prepared, with no idea of terrain, route finding, or snow conditions.

The signs do say THIS IS YOUR DECISION POINT.

Again so sorry for the loss and thanks to patrol and the civilians who worked to recover and transport
    the bodies as darkness fell.

Shitty situation all around.

As you know all too well the mountains don't give a fuck about us.
    The market is dominated by fat skis largely because young toughs want what they see in videos: organ donors hucking into heliski bowls. -Seth Masia

Pucker face was skied yesterday, same aspect and elevation as Ralph's, but more convex and cliffy. Pretty balzy!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1453911824.782130.jpg 
Views:	364 
Size:	671.4 KB 
ID:	175653

Took this on my way out to 4Pines yesterday, that's a tough spot to be in.

Ralph's faces south and Pucker faces East. Pucker is on my list, but who every did it yesterday has bigger balls then me.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperGaper View Post
    Sad day. Visitors who must have been completely lost.
    There was some more details in today's paper.
    3 in the party. One survived by grabbing a tree.
    The deceased pair were on vacation, had recently started dating.
    36yr AZ woman & 46yr Ozzy man.
    Met up with 3rd person from Jackson - the survivor.
    ...so I assume the survivor did have some local knowledge...???

...on a lighter note, they did open Corbetts yesterday. Made for something to watch. We ain't going in there!!

Quote Originally Posted by TurxSki View Post
    There was some more details in today's paper.
    3 in the party. One survived by grabbing a tree.
    The deceased pair were on vacation, had recently started dating.
    36yr AZ woman & 46yr Ozzy man.
    Met up with 3rd person from Jackson - the survivor.
    ...so I assume the survivor did have some local knowledge...???
    Wow. Just sad.

Last time I skied Zero-G this guy had brought his GF in and she was stuck a good distance above the choke crying. Totally f'd up our line...but, whatever...it was more about that girl being screwed over by her idiot BF. He was being such a dick yelling at her. We threw some words of encouragement to her and then we bailed. Not sure if she tried climbing out or slid down. It was spring, so stable conditions, but the same premise where people get in over their heads unknowingly and most likely led by one person in the group.

Bar tending a wedding Sat night, which motels have a cheap stuck over the pass price in case it closes and I can't get home? Probably won't be done until 11 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Bar tending a wedding Sat night, which motels have a cheap stuck over the pass price in case it closes and I can't get home? Probably won't be done until 11 or so.
    Writing this from the Virginian. Its <$60, low 50s with AAA. Lots of empty rooms, friendly check-in lady, clean. Hell, they even give you a little tube of Toms toothpaste which probably costs $47.

Or you know, find a bridesmaid.

Huge props to @swerve for showing this gaper (and his knuckledragging) friend some goods at Jackson today. What a humble dude who looks like he lives on skis.

Swerve before dropping into Casper bowl -> Some line I don't know the name of.

Wow
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Beauty day. Not many better places to be.

Makes me wanna buy a plane ticket with my own money
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Makes me wanna buy a plane ticket with my own money
    Do it. Do it now! I'm here til Monday and it's supposed to dump for the weekend. Maybe you can beat me in a ski-off and reduce the cost of your trip by $37...

I think I just heard on the radio that Tye 1on won some Moose hockey tickets for this w/e- wahoo!

also any of you current JH visitors shoot a pm if you want to ski this w/e as we'll be out Sat/Sun
    alas I am a poor weekend warrior but I have Monday off too and looks like there's a storm rolling in

http://www.mountainweather.com/index..._hole_forecast

Jackson Hole Roll Call 15/16!

Quote Originally Posted by baby bear View Post
    I think I just heard on the radio that Tye 1on won some Moose hockey tickets for this w/e- wahoo! :
    Yeah, Tye!! We're arriving today at noon.... Plan on hitting the game tonight if there are tickets. Do they sell out? A buddy I work with is playing with the Chicago club for this weekend's games.

So, skiing tomorrow might be OK, huh?
    "Shit, I'll choke her while she's cleaning, and I'll do it wearing a helmet cam mounted on a full-face helmet.
    I'll have meatdrink9 do the lighting for the shot. He'll make it artsy as fuck."
    - Phunk

Quote Originally Posted by yooper View Post
    Yeah, Tye!! We're arriving today at noon.... Plan on hitting the game tonight if there are tickets. Do they sell out? A buddy I work with is playing with the Chicago club for this weekend's games.

So, skiing tomorrow might be OK, huh?
    Plenty of tix for most games.

Give a holler if you want to grab a lap or a beer!

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    Plenty of tix for most games.

Give a holler if you want to grab a lap or a beer!
    Sounds good. We'll be on this side the whole time this trip. Should be able to do that. Staying downtown at the 49'er
    "Shit, I'll choke her while she's cleaning, and I'll do it wearing a helmet cam mounted on a full-face helmet.
    I'll have meatdrink9 do the lighting for the shot. He'll make it artsy as fuck."
    - Phunk

Me and infrequent poster Tree-well dweller are on the way from Denver. Got delayed by 80 being closed so we are on 25N. Only 348 miles to go.

15" overnight and calm down low. I do believe it's on!

10:30am and still plenty of fresh snow to be had Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1454176141.606499.jpg 
Views:	327 
Size:	765.7 KB 
ID:	175860
    skid luxury

Early bucket yielded tits deep pow in lower Casper Bowl. Moran Face was a pillowfight with 500 of your closest friends, Toga bowl still delivering atm.

Baby bear, when's the ski off? I've got $37 burning a hole in my pocket...

5★
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain