Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by _Aaron_ View Post
    But it's moderate dude. Good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowy Spartan View Post
    Yep. Dropped that info off. If anyone saw the idiot boot packing up corbet's, that was me! No luck on the recovery mission. So I guess it will be nice and rusty when I get it back.
    I've found a number of single skis in the spring while teaching snow schools in Corbets. In general they are in decent shape.

They don't usually rust up until summer.
    Just go back and ski the same line everyday until you find it.

If patrol finds it, it's mandatory case of beer!

Quote Originally Posted by TeleBlade View Post
    Snowboards and snowboarders can get in an impossible situation. Hiking back out may not be possible on a steep icy slope. Soft boots compound the problem.
    Even being a little low on the traverse on a steep firm slope can screw the snowboarder. the slope is too steep to hop up to where he needs to be but taking one or two feet out risks slide for life. A blind roll below makes for a very unnerving situation with limited options. This is another reason why skiing is better.
    We're not happy 'til you're not happy.

Wife and I used to do yearly trip to JH but after starting a family its been about 4 years. We are heading back this March for a get away and celebrating an anniversary we missed. Would like to do at least one nice dinner. What is the best food, cost is not an issue but I don't need to go to the most expensive place if its not the best. Also we are open to any type of food.

Quote Originally Posted by matt View Post
    Wife and I used to do yearly trip to JH but after starting a family its been about 4 years. We are heading back this March for a get away and celebrating an anniversary we missed. Would like to do at least one nice dinner. What is the best food, cost is not an issue but I don't need to go to the most expensive place if its not the best. Also we are open to any type of food.
    Gather has been the new hot spot. I've been once and liked it.

Just to be clear I don't work at there but have some friends who do.

Quote Originally Posted by matt View Post
    Snake river Grill is always good.

Steiglers's (reserve the love seat at the bar), is good. Done a few anniversaries there. We know the owner and a bartender tho so I'm biased. Chippos and a burger are the way to go.

So was that you up on the shoulder of Glory yesterday, lecturing me and my level 2 avalanche class about the differences between hard wind slab and soft wind slab. Jeez I sure did appreciate it, especially the self-congratulatory attitude with which you gave the information. If you had initiated a pleasant conversation, I would have enjoyed it, but know-it-alls effectively shut down any give and take.

Fun two days at le village this weekend. Slack pow Saturday and really dynamite groomer wind buff surfing on Sunday. Grateful for our rad terrain here after getting a few days in the significantly flatter Front Range hills last week at SIA.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1454972336.300940.jpg 
Views:	285 
Size:	867.3 KB 
ID:	176446

Coworker TGR bro Jon D rocking out Saturday. Nice to fall towards the ground a few times!
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Grace Potter last night....holy shit....

Saw her two weeks ago. Amazing show.

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post
    So was that you up on the shoulder of Glory yesterday, lecturing me and my level 2 avalanche class about the differences between hard wind slab and soft wind slab. Jeez I sure did appreciate it, especially the self-congratulatory attitude with which you gave the information. If you had initiated a pleasant conversation, I would have enjoyed it, but know-it-alls effectively shut down any give and take.
    Sounds like a shitty situation. Unfortunately, there are too many self-congratulatory attitudes up there these days. Thanks for educating folks, Salsa!

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Grace Potter last night....holy shit....
    ya the sound check was a blast too- She's dug this town ever since her sis was a server at the Brew Pub- about the same year Grace's first album came out...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Buy the ticket...take the ride.

So this is going around social medias
    Wyoming outdoor enthusiasts, we need your help today to kill two bills that propose taking over and selling off Wyoming's public lands, including Teton Pass, Togwotee Pass, the Beartooth Pass, Bridger-Teton National Forest, the Wind Rivers, Ten Sleep, and the Snowy Range. The legislature will vote tomorrow - please voice your support to save Wyoming's public lands today.
    https://secure.everyaction.com/l5Mhx4GkCEqt7dvVs7gmEg2

I was in Jackson a month ago.
    Can't stop thinking about the mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by ghettostyle View Post
    Beta - 2 doctors from CA, and a nurse. No avi gear whatsoever; all borders. Didn't like the choke of the typical line of Wy Not (which is highly doable and c-thru to safety), so they falling leafed to skiers right over a very south facing ice cliff area and tumbled basically in the same area. One guys helmet was found in very small pieces around his fall, though he has a long road ahead of him seemed to have saved his life.

New line already named "Fung's Way"
    i thought it was called "Sum Ting Wong" or "Ding Bang Oww"
    . . .

Looks like a nice system is rolling in, just in time for my departure

finally caught Sneaky Pete, at the Knotty. Those dudes are good. Just sayin'...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

So the village was a ton of fun today if you knew where to look! I hope everyone else had as much fun as our group did.

Mid-winter thaw, eh?

Witnessed a roofalanche the other day that I initially rated an R5-D1. But after closer inspection of the debris, had to upgrade it to a D2. It would have devastated auto glass & rung yer bell at the very least had anyone been under it.

Tracks

"The two best times to fish is when it's rainin' and when it ain't." - Rancid Crabtree

"never buy anything you can't fuel with a salami sandwich" - XXX-er

I thought it was supposed to be a January thaw? Plow slid into the power box down the road just now and knocked out power to our hood. Awesome.

thought I'd pass it along to you guys out there that my buddies band is in town this week playing the mangy moose on the 20th. they're called the greenNeck daredevils. http://www.greenneckdaredevils.com/Video---Pics.html

Great day!
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by skiing-in-jackson View Post
    Great day!
    Second that. Got out around 10, next thing we realized it was 3:24 and we were getting on Union Pass. Booked it for last tram, but it was already 100 so we took it as a sign and called it a day