Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Just put my Hakka 8 (no studs) back on the Subaru and entering 5th(!!) season I’ve got 8/32. Still very grippy on our slick snow and ice covered hill. Prolly the last season for these tho and I’ll sell them for maybe 50 each when I’m done. Pretty good value over the life of the tires.

I was braaping around with my continental DWS 06+ in the last storm and those all season tires are WAY more fun for drifting than the snow tires. Way easier to get stuck tho. I think I’ll stick w the snows. 🤠

A friend in AK was just sharing his epiphany of awesomeness due to switching from studless (xice) to studded (Hakka 10’s) on his subbie. He’s gone through several sets of xice’s.

I’m never going back from studded Hakka’s

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post

amen

For you Hakka fans that want to save money - Nordman.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    For you Hakka fans that want to save money - Nordman.
    I mean nokian makes great tires all around but I think the Nordman is not even close to the same performance as the Hakkas in snow.

Heck when I bought new tires I initially put the Hakka R3 on for a few weeks and performance was so poor I switched them out to Hakka 8 under satisfaction warranty. I got stuck in the neighborhood twice in a week with the R3!

From what I was told, the Nordman is just the previous version of the Hakka renamed. They cycle them down when a new Hakka comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    From what I was told, the Nordman is just the previous version of the Hakka renamed. They cycle them down when a new Hakka comes out.
    Nordman 7 is the same tread pattern as Hakka 7. Not sure about compound or contruction.

But Hakka’s are up to 10 now, so you’re not getting a last gen tire, you’re getting one that is a few generations old (about a decade out of date).

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    If anyone is interested in a set of studless Hakkas for a 4Runner or Taco shoot me a pm. About to put these on Craigslist in Burlington. 265/70/17 Hakka R2 SUV with plenty of tread left. Rims are alloy from Sport Edition, cheap on tire rack. I didn’t like the silver finish so I Plasti-dipped 3 years ago. Seems to be holding up decently but as I understand it, the plasti dip should peel off if you dislike it.

Probably list on Craigslist for $550-$600 in the hopes of getting $500. Mag price would be $400.

Attachment 434869Attachment 434870Attachment 434871
    Burlington like Washington Burlington? If so 6x139.7?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Looks like he's in Vermont.

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post

Me either.
    "Let's be careful out there."

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco View Post
    Looks like he's in Vermont.
    Upper Vermont?
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

New Hakka 10 convert after over a decade of Blizzak DMV2 which is still a great studdless.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    Nordman 7 is the same tread pattern as Hakka 7. Not sure about compound or contruction.

But Hakka’s are up to 10 now, so you’re not getting a last gen tire, you’re getting one that is a few generations old (about a decade out of date).
    Gotcha, looks like it was 7 years old. Still I get your point, but I feel like 7 year old tech will still keep me on the road pretty well and for a reasonable price. Looking at reviews, the main rub with the Norman/Hakka7 was the road noise on dry roads. The new Hakkas have some kind of fancy glass in the rubber among other things.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    Upper Vermont?
    Yes, upstate Vermont

Yes, upstate Vermont
    Ouch.

Yes, upstate Vermont
    What’s the demarcation line for that?
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

US Route 4.

I'd put it down around Manchester/Rt 11 but the 4 zone is where it comes into better focus.

Another ardent vote for Hakkapeliitta 10 studs (which were introduced in 1989) There is no better stock winter tire in stud legal territory
    Scientists now have decisive molecular evidence that humans and chimpanzees once had a common momma and that this lineage had previously split from monkeys.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    I'd put it down around Manchester/Rt 11 but the 4 zone is where it comes into better focus.
    Ya, I'm being generous in my middle age, Queen City Park Rd, I-189, I-89, US 302 is where I used to draw the line as a younger man. From there south to US 4 was the buffer zone and below 4, well, I try not to go there.

As someone who lived below 4 for a short time, I definitely did not live upstate. I think 4 is a good dividing line; Rutland right on the border.
    Last edited by Danno; 11-25-2022 at 12:12 PM.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Just drive east from upstate NY…

Anyone have experience with the pirelli winter stozero 3? It’s really the only option for an exact match for model Y. Could also do a Michellen X ice /snow but with a lower speed rating. Not really concerned about deep snow performance, this is wife’s business commuter car. She drives 600 miles per week up/down front range CO

I’m a longtime blizzack guy but no close options available

Quote Originally Posted by jpcm View Post
    Anyone have experience with the pirelli winter stozero 3? It’s really the only option for an exact match for model Y. Could also do a Michellen X ice /snow but with a lower speed rating. Not really concerned about deep snow performance, this is wife’s business commuter car. She drives 600 miles per week up/down front range CO

I’m a longtime blizzack guy but no close options available
    Any reason you’re concerned about the lower speed rating? Does she plan on driving at 115+ mph for sustained periods of time?