Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    bump

Going to be putting some proper snows on the 4runner this winter. Any recommendations against Hak 10s (doubtful)?

Since they make them in SUV sizes I should be able to find a direct match which would be nice.
    Other than price?

I prefer the Nordmans. Essentially last seasons Haks at a fraction of the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Other than price?

I prefer the Nordmans. Essentially last “seasons” Haks at a fraction of the price.

I was going to say the same thing. Wonder why everyone raves about the Hakkas but the Nordman is never really mentioned here. I'm totally fine with last year's tech.

I gotta purchase some snows for a tundra and found all the nokians on back order. Wassup w that?

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    I gotta purchase some snows for a tundra and found all the nokians on back order. Wassup w that?
    Nokian is moving tire molds from their factory in Russia to the USA TN plant that they recently completed. So, they have a gap in production. Don't ask me how I know this, but I know a guy, who knows a guy.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Nokian is moving tire molds from their factory in Russia to the USA TN plant that they recently completed. So, they have a gap in production. Don't ask me how I know this, but I know a guy, who knows a guy.
    Wow ok. Well I just jumped on discount tire and got some in-stock bilzzaks for 222 each. Phew this truck purchase is messing with my winter game.

Buzzkill for me since I jumped the gun Michelin just posted a $110 rebate for DTD online orders. Oct 15-17. Stackable with the $60 DTD card use discount.

Get some!

https://www.discounttiredirect.com/p...michelin-tires

FML

Any experience with Cooper Snow Claw? Le Schwab is pushing them as comparable to the Blizzak and available in a 33" tire for an F150.

Just to add another data point to tire availability- I Was at Costco in Murray Utah today and inquired about 275/65/18 blizzak tires. Guy said theyre going on sale next week and to buy them ASAP as they are available currently but expected to sell our.

Furthermore, The team was briefed this week on upcoming shortage of snow tire supply and expects sellouts in many sizes.

They did also have BFG ko2 in LT size for my tundra in stock locally but not many left.

That tidbit about Nokian moving production here is great news.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    That tidbit about Nokian moving production here is great news.
    Agreed. I think there will be several more tire plants built in the USA, and I also know several existing tire plants that are working on expanding production. A bitch to find workers though. Although most tire plants are super modern and the amount of people needed to build a tire these days is a fraction of what it was 20 years ago.

https://www.nokiantires.com/daytonfactory/
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

FWIW: I just bought two sets of 235/65/16 Nokian WR C3's for our Transit AWD. Local shop said the distributors warehouse in denver where they source from had "plenty"

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco View Post
    Any experience with Cooper Snow Claw? Le Schwab is pushing them as comparable to the Blizzak and available in a 33" tire for an F150.
    Scwab is a crook. They push tires with the highest margins. And all big name brands are always 10-15 % more than any other place
    I went in to LS to have a tire plugged. They removed the wheel, then told me the tire was too side wall checked to patch it and I had to buy a new set of tires, their excuse was it was "illegal" to put the old tires back on. My dad took the rig in and I think I hurt the poor guy at Schwab telling him on the phone what I thought about being corrupt liars...they ended up putting on the spare, I was on my way down to put it on myself. Fucking thieves are Schwabs. Put new tires on at Costco, same tires as OEM for 40% less than what Schwab quoted
    Point is, they could easily see the tires condition without removing it, but that's their scam
    I put less than 10k on that rig before I sold it. Those tires would have lasted
    /end rant

I put the x-ice on. This was my spare set so they are at least 7 years old. Initially they were pretty smooth but have developed a pretty good vibration at 60 or so. Ill chew them up this winter and see how it goes. Not worth rebalancing.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Buzzkill for me since I jumped the gun Michelin just posted a $110 rebate for DTD online orders. Oct 15-17. Stackable with the $60 DTD card use discount.

Get some!

https://www.discounttiredirect.com/p...michelin-tires

FML
    Costco has $150 off Michelin's last time I was there
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

I picked up a set of Hakkapeliitta 9's in the stock size (265/70R17) for my 4Runner a couple weeks ago and was shocked by how cheap they were. I ended up paying $182/tire.

I'm not sure if I've ever purchased a set of tires for less than $200/piece.

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    Scwab is a crook. They push tires with the highest margins. And all big name brands are always 10-15 % more than any other place
    I went in to LS to have a tire plugged. They removed the wheel, then told me the tire was too side wall checked to patch it and I had to buy a new set of tires, their excuse was it was "illegal" to put the old tires back on. My dad took the rig in and I think I hurt the poor guy at Schwab telling him on the phone what I thought about being corrupt liars...they ended up putting on the spare, I was on my way down to put it on myself. Fucking thieves are Schwabs. Put new tires on at Costco, same tires as OEM for 40% less than what Schwab quoted
    Point is, they could easily see the tires condition without removing it, but that's their scam
    I put less than 10k on that rig before I sold it. Those tires would have lasted
    /end rant
    They sell shitty house brand tires with 60k warranty and sell you a new set when they wear out at 35k.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    I was going to say the same thing. Wonder why everyone raves about the Hakkas but the Nordman is never really mentioned here. I'm totally fine with last year's tech.
    Becuz I been running them for 20 yars 1's/ 2's/ 7's and they work but I never heard of Nordman so maybe no one else has either
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Becuz I been running them for 20 yars 1's/ 2's/ 7's and they work but I never heard of Nordman so maybe no one else has either
    Had Hakka 8, R2, R3 and the new gen R3 is just quieter on the highway. Seems to get me to the hill the same on bad days so works for me. A lot of the ride is to the hill and road noise can ruin my jazz

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco View Post
    i'm a cooper discoverer m+s fan. had the winter claw, now evolution or something like that. 10 ply. 225/75/16 paid 700 or so this fall.

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    i'm a cooper discoverer m+s fan. had the winter claw, now evolution or something like that. 10 ply. 225/75/16 paid 700 or so this fall.
    I have the snow claw studded on my 2500. Got them to replace some cooper m+s studded. The snow claws are better and performed great going over homestake multiple times a week last winter. I got them at TireRama.

I joined the the snow tire club, for the first time ever. Now I just need to choose between the free Red Sox or Yankees bumper sticker that came with the tires.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1669004052.844961.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	302.1 KB 
ID:	434853Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2028.JPG 
Views:	120 
Size:	295.6 KB 
ID:	434854

I'm a fan of Goodyear Ultragrip.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    After many years in different mountain locations I finally joined the party. Epic mag hookup on Hakkas with studs and TRD wheels for my Tundra. Fucking night and day. When it's -15 and the road is that rock hard WHITE slick.....wow what a difference.

If anyone is interested in a set of studless Hakkas for a 4Runner or Taco shoot me a pm. About to put these on Craigslist in Burlington. 265/70/17 Hakka R2 SUV with plenty of tread left. Rims are alloy from Sport Edition, cheap on tire rack. I didnt like the silver finish so I Plasti-dipped 3 years ago. Seems to be holding up decently but as I understand it, the plasti dip should peel off if you dislike it.

Probably list on Craigslist for $550-$600 in the hopes of getting $500. Mag price would be $400.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1669044730.623131.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	215.4 KB 
ID:	434869Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1669044741.199068.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	225.4 KB 
ID:	434870Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1669044751.758750.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	168.8 KB 
ID:	434871

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    After many years in different mountain locations I finally joined the party. Epic mag hookup on Hakkas with studs and TRD wheels for my Tundra. Fucking night and day. When it's -15 and the road is that rock hard WHITE slick.....wow what a difference.
    Im going on my second winter with studded Hakka 10s on my 4runner, the difference they make in the conditions you described is astounding.