Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Results 101 to 123 of 123
  1. #101
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    you see a tie dye disc in there?
    Posts
    4,603
    ^^ did not like the idea of the $$ for a heated bag and heater failure so I went the "versital budget" way, been running this set up for about last 5 years, happy with it.

    something like this
    https://www.amazon.com/OutdoorMaster...1zcF9hdGY&th=1

    add this warm/dry boots at home in the bag, I just stick in it upside down into boots
    https://www.amazon.com/Dr-Prepare-El...%2C120&sr=8-25

    and this for the DC side of things
    https://www.amazon.com/DryGuy-Travel...%2C118&sr=8-16

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    8530' MST/200' EST
    Posts
    4,372
    I'm thinking of just throwing a 12v heated blanket in a patagona duffle with the boots wrapped, then my other gear on top. could be a $20 fix.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    12,489
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    ^^ did not like the idea of the $$ for a heated bag and heater failure so I went the "versital budget" way, been running this set up for about last 5 years, happy with it.

    something like this
    https://www.amazon.com/OutdoorMaster...1zcF9hdGY&th=1

    add this warm/dry boots at home in the bag, I just stick in it upside down into boots
    https://www.amazon.com/Dr-Prepare-El...%2C120&sr=8-25

    and this for the DC side of things
    https://www.amazon.com/DryGuy-Travel...%2C118&sr=8-16
    Exactly what I was gonna suggest. Those dryguy things are great for the price.

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    idaho panhandle!
    Posts
    9,865
    Bought this: Heating Pad, Toberto Electric Heating pad for Back Pain Relief Muscle Cramps Ultra Soft 12"x24" Large Heated Pad with 6 Heat Settings 4 Timer Auto Shut Off Navy Blue https://a.co/d/7VNm0UH
    And a boot bag. Works like a champ. I do have a built in inverter in my truck though.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Danby
    Posts
    2,289
    Where is it that you guys get ready that you need these bags? I get ready in the parking lot all the time and use a set of dry guys some times if itís chilly plugged into my truck. I would get nervous as shit buying a 300 heated bag and leaving it in the lodge. That kulkea is big too. I guess itís better to be prepared for anything.

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    12,489
    I need warm boots just to be able to get them on/off my feet. Lange boots and big, inflexible feet here. Dryguys plugged into the cigarette charger accomplishes that, not sure I really need a special bag but I guess it would be nice. I get ready in the lot. Never used the locker room or even considered it. I do like the heated blanket idea as it would be multi functional for the wife who runs much colder than me.

  7. #107
    Join Date
    May 2022
    Location
    Truckee
    Posts
    743
    Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    Where is it that you guys get ready that you need these bags? I get ready in the parking lot all the time and use a set of dry guys some times if itís chilly plugged into my truck. I would get nervous as shit buying a 300 heated bag and leaving it in the lodge. That kulkea is big too. I guess itís better to be prepared for anything.
    Dude, I love my heated boot bag. I have the Snow Eagle. The element died, so I threw a cheap heating pad in its place.

    Something about slipping on warm Zip Fits and toasty shells when it's crapping snow is magical. I plug mine in when I get home at the end of the day and toss it in the cab of my truck for the drive over. They're plenty warm when I get to the resort (30 mins ish).

    Double bonus when I'm traveling since it will dry everything out, too. I usually toss my gloves in there if I don't have access to a dryer. 12 hours later and everything is toasty and dry.

    If I were to do it again, I'd probsbly just buy a cheap boot bag and throw a heating element between the boots. Probably wouldn't work quite as well. Maybe time for an experiment with my biggest kid's bag. His bag isn't insulated, but the boots are both in the same compartment (vs. my youngest where boots are on each side).

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Danby
    Posts
    2,289
    I totally agree with warm zipfits and definitely like to have my langes softer too when I put them on. Dry guys do a killer job and the floor heater in the truck too. I do tend to run warm so if my feet start sweating and I donít have my heated socks on the rest of the day sucks. But Iíve made my heated socks a priority to wear. Some days I may not turn them on but at least I have them on in case.

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    746
    This reminds me I need to revive my DIY project, I bought all the components last year and then got busy with other things.

    Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Fort Collins
    Posts
    754
    Quote Originally Posted by fleaches View Post
    This reminds me I need to revive my DIY project, I bought all the components last year and then got busy with other things.

    Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Curious how you're going about your project. Right now I'm planning on just stuffing a heated blanket into my boot bag.


    Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    746
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthMarkus View Post
    Curious how you're going about your project. Right now I'm planning on just stuffing a heated blanket into my boot bag.


    Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    I'll post a write up when I go through it, but it's basically a cheap Amazon boot bag lined with some insulation, a couple of DC heating pads, and an SSR with a thermocouple.

    I thought about the heated blanket too and I bet it will work just fine, but I like tinkering.

    My use case is sleeping in the car and not having enough time on the drive to the parking lot for the boots to warm up much. I want to get the bag pretty hot pretty fast to maximize heat transfer over a short time.

    Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Fort Collins
    Posts
    754
    Quote Originally Posted by fleaches View Post
    I'll post a write up when I go through it, but it's basically a cheap Amazon boot bag lined with some insulation, a couple of DC heating pads, and an SSR with a thermocouple.

    I thought about the heated blanket too and I bet it will work just fine, but I like tinkering.

    My use case is sleeping in the car and not having enough time on the drive to the parking lot for the boots to warm up much. I want to get the bag pretty hot pretty fast to maximize heat transfer over a short time.

    Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Smart. I do that sometimes as well. Harder when you wake up in the car to get your boots up to a reasonable temperature. My go-to previously was to start my car and blast the floor heat on my boots. Mixed results.

    Can't justify a $300 boot bag yet, so I think I'll try the blanket first. Maybe my own DIY later if it's not up to snuff.

    Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    idaho panhandle!
    Posts
    9,865
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthMarkus View Post
    Smart. I do that sometimes as well. Harder when you wake up in the car to get your boots up to a reasonable temperature. My go-to previously was to start my car and blast the floor heat on my boots. Mixed results.

    Can't justify a $300 boot bag yet, so I think I'll try the blanket first. Maybe my own DIY later if it's not up to snuff.

    Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    That little pad/blanket I linked above kicks ass if you go that route. Gets hot af quickly then you can lower it and keep it at a selected temp.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    none
    Posts
    8,296
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    I too am a Hot Gear Bag disciple.
    I just leave mine on high all the time.
    RIP Ivan, my piggies are happy!
    I still use my old HGB. I replaced the old heating pad, with a cheap one off Amazon.
    If you use it to travel, you want the big one. I can carry everything I need to ski for a weekend. If you get called out at the gate, just take out some of the bigger items. Since itís soft, you can stuff it in the sizer.

  15. #115
    Join Date
    May 2022
    Location
    Truckee
    Posts
    743
    Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    I totally agree with warm zipfits and definitely like to have my langes softer too when I put them on. Dry guys do a killer job and the floor heater in the truck too. I do tend to run warm so if my feet start sweating and I donít have my heated socks on the rest of the day sucks. But Iíve made my heated socks a priority to wear. Some days I may not turn them on but at least I have them on in case.
    Oh man.... I wish my feet ran warm. I'm cold on normal days and I absolutely freeze if I'm not moving. I haven't tried heated socks. What brand do you use? I can use stick-on toe heaters when it's really cold, but I'd go through a ton if I used them daily. They fit OK with my Zips, plenty of room over my toes.

  16. #116
    Join Date
    May 2022
    Location
    Truckee
    Posts
    743
    Quote Originally Posted by fleaches View Post
    I'll post a write up when I go through it, but it's basically a cheap Amazon boot bag lined with some insulation, a couple of DC heating pads, and an SSR with a thermocouple.

    I thought about the heated blanket too and I bet it will work just fine, but I like tinkering.

    My use case is sleeping in the car and not having enough time on the drive to the parking lot for the boots to warm up much. I want to get the bag pretty hot pretty fast to maximize heat transfer over a short time.

    Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    This would be really cool, especially if you used rechargeable tool batteries. You can buy the adapter for Dewalt on Amazon.

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    12,489
    You could get one of those heated jackets from Milwaukee that run on the Batteries for their tools. I've considered one for a while now. Just stuff it in the boot bag and crank it up. Then you also have a heated jacket when you need it.

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    18,491
    Great idea^^^

    Buddy of mine rides motor bikes and has a heated vest, uses it charge up the phone and stay warm on cold days.
    watch out for snakes

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Danby
    Posts
    2,289
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowMachine View Post
    Oh man.... I wish my feet ran warm. I'm cold on normal days and I absolutely freeze if I'm not moving. I haven't tried heated socks. What brand do you use? I can use stick-on toe heaters when it's really cold, but I'd go through a ton if I used them daily. They fit OK with my Zips, plenty of room over my toes.

    lenz socks. Only way to go. The others suck. The batteries and app work great. Highly recommend

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Middle of Norway.
    Posts
    2,746
    Ordered the Atomic RS heated boot bag for myself for Christmas. It's 230v, with a 12v car plug. Looks pretty spacious, unless those are 21.5s in Atomic's marketing photos:
    https://www.atomic.com/en-no/shop-em...ml#color=21710

    Sent fra min LE2123 via Tapatalk

  21. #121
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    50 miles E of Paradise
    Posts
    15,436
    My RX130s are agony to put on unless theyíre warm.

    When solo I just put them under the passenger floorboard and throw the heat on that side to 80.

    That doesnít work with a passenger who also needs warm boots. Which is most of the time

    Solution
    A 36 liter cooler - already laying around the garage
    A 53x40Ē electric blanket with 12v lighter plug - $25 from Amazon
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1980.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	638.5 KB 
ID:	480471

    Lay the blanket in the bottom, lay first boot, cover, repeat for second boot
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1981.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	720.1 KB 
ID:	480472
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1982.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	658.7 KB 
ID:	480473
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1983.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	673.0 KB 
ID:	480475


    Voila - a hard side roller bag - plugs into the 12v receptacle in back on Outback
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1984.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	732.6 KB 
ID:	480474

    Heats them up nice and toasty in the hour it takes to get to the parking lot

  22. #122
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Wasatch Back: 7000'
    Posts
    12,895
    Just received this Snow Eagle as a gift. It is a game changer for me. Made of bomber material. Very spacious. Three heat settings, plus an auto lighter plug. It changes a painstaking chore of putting on my SX130 with Intuitions into a warm, comfy and leisurely walk in the park. Mine is stuffed with 2 pr. gloves, 2 goggles, 2 hats, boots, helmet, beacon, med kit, extra sweater and beverage. There is room to spare.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4156.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	779.0 KB 
ID:	482546
    ďHow does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I donít know, go ask Rory GallagherĒ. ó Jimi Hendrix

  23. #123
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Big Sky/Moonlight Basin
    Posts
    14,289

    Heated Boot Bags?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Satch View Post
    Question
    Would using a 12volt lighter plug in seat pad or blanket work in a duffle bag as a boot warmer.
    Yesterday I was at my local farm & ranch store, and they had 12v blankets on sale for $24.

    This morning I put the blanket in a Rubbermaid tub, put my boots in, and closed the lid. My bronco has a 12v outlet in the back, I set it on low. Little red LED let me know it was working during the drive. +2F at the ski area and my boots were warm, but not overly so. I think next time I will try High.

    I have tons of room so the tub works great for me. If you have kids/dogs/etc this may not work for you.

    I did notice in the instructions that you cannot wash the heated blanket. So I put it in a plastic garbage bag. Seemed to work fine and blanket stayed clean.

    Overall = happy with the results and did not cost much money.

    Sent from my island using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

    "Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •