Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    You guys looked on Amazon?
    In France at least, they had heated boot bags for around a hundred.

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    You guys looked on Amazon?
    In France at least, they had heated boot bags for around a hundred.
    I did but import charges are a deal killer

"$ 122 50 Save $67.49 (36%)
    $86.22 Shipping & Import Fees to Canada"
    Looks like i'm going with the red one
    Last edited by Kenny Satch; 08-05-2017 at 03:39 PM.
    riser4 - Ignore me! Please!

Kenny Satch - With pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBC View Post
    does anyone know of any battery powered heat bags? Something that you could turn on halfway through the day if you need to take your boots off for work and it is -30 C
    You could try heated boots.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueNorth View Post
    Here's one at medium bucks, in Canada

https://www.corbetts.com/2017-rossig...ted-bag-110v/#
    Interesting - that's a dead ringer for my Hot Gear Bag Classic. Looking at that link, it appears as if this product category is catching on.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    Interesting - that's a dead ringer for my Hot Gear Bag Classic. Looking at that link, it appears as if this product category is catching on.

... Thom
    Yes, it's the Rossi branded version of this one http://skigearbag.com/classic110v.aspx

I recently got the same bag in Lange colours, but haven't used it yet. It runs off 110V AC or 12V DC (car battery), so I imagine you could run it off another 12V battery like the lithium car jump starters with a cigarette lighter socket adapter.

Yes, it's the Rossi branded version of this one http://skigearbag.com/classic110v.aspx

I recently got the same bag in Lange colours, but haven't used it yet. It runs off 110V AC or 12V DC (car battery), so I imagine you could run it off another 12V battery like the lithium car jump starters with a cigarette lighter socket adapter.
    And for anyone who cares, starting with warm flexible shells has changed my skiing experience for the better. It's not so much about starting with toasty toes (which is nice), but rather that you don't spend the entire morning flexing the shell and re-buckling to establish a nice fit.

By the time the boot has cooled off, it's conformed more closely to your foot. This doesn't bother many, but it's been the bane of my skiing existence as long as I can remember and I couldn't pin my finger on the cause.

... Thom
    Galibier Design

Yes, I don't really care about the cold, but my shells destroy my feet when they're cold, especially early season when my feet seem to have expanded over the summer.

Here's one at medium bucks, in Canada

https://www.corbetts.com/2017-rossig...ted-bag-110v/#
    Thanks again TrueNorth
    Ended up getting the Lange bag from Corbetts (too late for the Rossi) and it's bigger and better than I thought it would be.
    Cheers

Last season we decided to get a heated boot bag for my wife's 130 race boots. I did some research and was discouraged by the price and mediocre bag reviews, particularly in regards to the reliability of heating elements so decided to make my own. I bought a 50 can soft side collapsible cooler for $19 on end of season clearance at Canadian Tire. We had an old heating pad we never used and after experimenting discovered it was a perfect boot heater set on low with the fuzzy cover off wrapped around the boots and still lots of room for gloves, etc. Since the heating pad only draws 50 watts I have a little 100 watt inverter for the drive to the hill.
    If you want to make your own there may be a difficulty finding a heating pad because most modern pads have a two hour time limit. Look for a really cheap pad without the time limit.

thats ^^ an interesting idea and so on that idea Battery warmers are in the 50-80 watt range and they wouldnt have a timer cuz they are a straight 115v plug-in

they are even a great Idea for your battery cuz a cold battery has greatly reduced cranking power SO I got one from Canadian tire and I have it on a T plugin with the block heater
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Sparwood Dave View Post
    Last season we decided to get a heated boot bag for my wife's 130 race boots. I did some research and was discouraged by the price and mediocre bag reviews, particularly in regards to the reliability of heating elements so decided to make my own. I bought a 50 can soft side collapsible cooler for $19 on end of season clearance at Canadian Tire. We had an old heating pad we never used and after experimenting discovered it was a perfect boot heater set on low with the fuzzy cover off wrapped around the boots and still lots of room for gloves, etc. Since the heating pad only draws 50 watts I have a little 100 watt inverter for the drive to the hill.
    If you want to make your own there may be a difficulty finding a heating pad because most modern pads have a two hour time limit. Look for a really cheap pad without the time limit.
    I had considered your approach but then as I gave it more thought and worried about a possible issue if something went wrong.
    Does the heat pad you purchased have an intended use disclaimer ?
    If not maybe I'll do that with my Goalie bag. It would sure beat leaving it the garage wet when it's -30 outside.
    Can you post a picture or link to the heat pad you picked up a Canadian Tire ? Thanks

Does anyone in the racing community have experience with these heated boot bags. I’ve had tons of work done on my boots to make them fit great for racing but I still get some aches and pains and my boot fitter recommend me the Lange heated boot bag. Do these boot bags really offer a performance/fit improvement or are they really just to keep your toes warm when putting them in. They are an expensive investment and I’m only willing to spend the money if I know i’m going to get an improved fit.

Heated Boot Bags?

Buckling a warm and pliable shell should allow it to adjust to your foot a bit. Not sure how much difference this actually makes but putting your feet into toasty and soft boots is an almost perversely nice feeling.

BTW it seems all heated bags are made by one or two companies and then branded as Lange and so on.

My lange bag is actually HotGear, 130$ on sale. 115V has 3 heat settings, 12V plug for car to keep warm.

Heated Boot Bags?

Quote Originally Posted by jpwebster View Post
    Does anyone in the racing community have experience with these heated boot bags. I’ve had tons of work done on my boots to make them fit great for racing but I still get some aches and pains and my boot fitter recommend me the Lange heated boot bag. Do these boot bags really offer a performance/fit improvement or are they really just to keep your toes warm when putting them in. They are an expensive investment and I’m only willing to spend the money if I know i’m going to get an improved fit.
    Once you try one, you’ll hate not having one.

I just order this one for my wife, for Christmas.
    https://m.ebay.com/itm/Athalon-Heate...gAAOSw43haKCeP

I let you know how it performs.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Carpet View Post
    Buckling a warm and pliable shell should allow it to adjust to your foot a bit. Not sure how much difference this actually makes but putting your feet into toasty and soft boots is an almost perversely nice feeling.

BTW it seems all heated bags are made by one or two companies and then branded as Lange and so on.

My lange bag is actually HotGear, 130$ on sale. 115V has 3 heat settings, 12V plug for car to keep warm.
    I can't speak to plug boots, but the pliability is the huge plus for me. Before hested bags, I'd fiddle we ith the instep buckle for most of the morning. Afterwards, it's perhaps one adjustment and I'm good for the day.

I just saw am eBags discount cross my inbox. I'm tempted to pick up the one the rebrand, as my wife is adopting my Hot Gear Bag ;-)

[edit] Two brands on eBags: Athalon and Snow Eagle. I just picked up a Snow Eagle Classic (equivalent to my Hot Gear Bag) for my wife: under $150 shipped. Surf through retailmenot.com for a coupon, link into eBags and then search on "ski boot bags".

... Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 12-20-2017 at 03:18 PM.
    Galibier Design

Anyone try the Transpack heated bags? Are they any different functionally from the Hotgear bags mentioned here?

Quote Originally Posted by test donkey View Post
    Anyone try the Transpack heated bags? Are they any different functionally from the Hotgear bags mentioned here?
    I thought heated bags were ridiculous ... until i got one. Starting the day with warm, pliable boots is the best.
    I have the Transpack. No idea if it differs from the Hotgear, but I can fit my boots, gloves, goggles, buff inside, and helmet in the outer pocket.
    I've been plugging it in at home while I have breakfast then moving to the car and by the time I get to the parking lot boot are nice and warmed up.

I have gone through two Hot Gear bags and they just don't seem to last more than 2 seasons of constant use. We have been testing the Kulkea and it seems to be working pretty good so far, here is our Long Term Test. Full discloser, they are a sponsor but we try to be objective as we can.
    Click. Point. Chute.

Quote Originally Posted by jpwebster View Post
    I bought the Lange WC bag this winter and it was money well spent. It's really nice for a few reasons. My stiff lang plug boots are much, much, much, easier to put on and easier to buckle down. The shells get really warm on the drive up and seem to remold to my feet each morning. With the warm boots I make just one or two adjustments on the buckles and straps and then I'm set. The ankle pocket on my boot was giving me some problems even after extensive boot work, but after warming up the boots before riding it seemed to lessen the pain.

The bag is also nice for just hauling gear around. Before I used a backpack for all my goggles, helmets, lenses, etc...With the new bag I can warm my boots and breakfast burrito while carrying my gloves, goggles, extra socks, and pretty much anything else. Its also nice because it has a "dry" setting. So when I get home, I just plug it back in and let the boots sit over night and they are dry by morning.

To me it's worth every penny when you're riding 3 to 4 days a week.
    Name:  boot.png
Views: 637
Size:  540.6 KB

So the 12V side of my Hot Gear Bag went haywire (blows fuses in my car). Three years ago, I picked up the same bag under the Snow Eagle brand for my wife (they're both identical to the Lange bag pictured above).

Has anyone had success in chasing down a replacement heating element for these? It looks like whoever took over for the Hot Gear Bag folks is about as current with their website (and as interested in manufacturing/selling product) as the Hot Gear Bag folks were.

These guys: http://www.snoweagleusa.com/p/replacement-elements.html
    and these guys: https://cozywinters.com/shop/hot-gear-bag-element.html

are both out of stock in replacements until the Fall.

Most every OEM'd version of this bag is out of stock as well (not just the elements). Pretty weird business model for an otherwise good product. Yeah, I know ... most people forget about skiing after Christmas ;-)

Maybe Flexion Phil (above) is on to something with the Kulkea bag, although the 8 hour max means you need to remember to plug it in just before going to bed. One more thing to forget ... alternatively pick up a timer ... yet more gear.

The Snow Eagle guys (1st link above) claim that their replacement elements are higher quality than the original. Interestingly, I pulled out the element from the Snow Eagle bag (my wife's - the working one) and it's the same brand (Intertek) that's shown on their website.

I haven't pulled the failed module out of the Hot Gear Bag to compare, but when I do, I'll edit this post.

... Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 02-28-2019 at 07:19 PM.
    Galibier Design

I’ve had a Hot Gear Bag for years.
    After Ivan died, the company went to shit.
    I purchased a Snow Eagle recently and it’s identical. Shipped out if Monument. CO.

If anyone's interested, I have a transpack for sale, new without tags. PM if interested. Can't remember what we paid, but it's on amazon for $200 now. So maybe $100 shipped/$75 local to Denver?
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

I own an Athalon heated bag. Looks very similar to the Snow Eagle. Maybe call them for a replacement?

Athalon Heated Boot Bag, Grey/Black, Large https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0028D8J64

I got this bag in January last year for $135. I should’ve bought another as now my wife wants one.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

BUMP

I’m thinking about getting a heated boot bag.

Recommendations?

PM deepsouthmafia?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters