Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    You can also just punch the shell correctly to begin with...
    Heated boot bags sound like a lamer version of boot heaters.

Quote Originally Posted by Two06 View Post
    You can also just punch the shell correctly to begin with...
    Heated boot bags sound like a lamer version of boot heaters.
    This has nothing to do with pressure points (punching out a hot spot) or internal boot temperature (boot heaters). Do you seriously think I'm talking about hot spots or advocating that warming a boot is a substitute for for punching a shell where necessary?

This is all about the subtle contoured wrapping of the shell around your foot, and guess what ... boots that don't need to be over-tightented to accomplish this don't stop your circulation.

We could go off-topic and discuss the merit of heat mold-able shells, but that's an entirely different discussion about a small percentage of the boots on the market.

... Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 11-22-2015 at 02:31 AM.
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

This thread convinced me to order a bag from Hot Gear, but other than the original order email there's been no contact, no response to emails, no answer to the phones and a full voicemail inbox. Does anyone know how to get ahold of someone there?
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    This thread convinced me to order a bag from Hot Gear, but other than the original order email there's been no contact, no response to emails, no answer to the phones and a full voicemail inbox. Does anyone know how to get ahold of someone there?
    the zipper on mine broke after a couple of years and I got a reply after a day or two via email, but that must have been at least 2 years back, maybe closed for the holiday?!?

Heated bags are the tits
    Last edited by BrokeSomeRibs; 02-22-2016 at 07:47 PM.

Anyone have any experience with the heated Transpack. I have some REI gift cards burining a hole in my pocket and its the only one they carry. My biggest concern is that it won't hold more than boots and gloves.

Hot gear bag is the best investment (next to your boots and liners) you can make. A definite must with zip fits.

For the cheap asses out there, you can make your own by simply buying a heating pad and throwing it into your existing boot bag, assuming you own one. The main thing you'll be missing is the insulation of the hot gear bag and the 12V plug for your car. You could of course add your own insulation, especially recommended if you have a long drive to the hill.

Also, get a heating pad that has a setting for continuous heat. I was somewhat disappointed to learn that new heating pads come with a 2-hour auto-off safety feature. That ain't gonna work for heating and drying your boots.

For the super cheap asses, just throw your boots on the front seat floorboard and turn up the heat.

My boots never get cold in the car on the 15 minute drive to the hill.

What size hotgear bag do you have? I just looked at the classic and it is huge. I haven't seen the ajax in person, but it looks pretty small in the pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Todds View Post
    What size hotgear bag do you have? I just looked at the classic and it is huge. I haven't seen the ajax in person, but it looks pretty small in the pictures.
    Nobody's making you fill it up.
    The Ajax is probably better for air travelers without common sense.

The bags I ordered finally showed up, and after a few times using it I'm blown away. Definitely worth the money.

HotGear Classic bag is hudge and I usually put a puffy, gloves, etc. in which is a nice bonus in the parking lot. Ajax is a lot more reasonable though.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    The bags I ordered finally showed up, and after a few times using it I'm blown away. Definitely worth the money.

HotGear Classic bag is hudge and I usually put a puffy, gloves, etc. in which is a nice bonus in the parking lot. Ajax is a lot more reasonable though.
    How long did it take to get them?
    Can you fit any gear in the boot section of the Ajax?

I ordered them in early December and they shipped a week in to January. I imagine they were busy for the holiday season so it would probably be quicker now.

Yes you can fit some stuff in the boot section of the Ajax, but not nearly as much. I bet you could cram gloves and a jacket in there but it could be tight.
    Prove me wrong."

throughpolarizedeyes.com

I ordered the hotgear classic bag and warm boots in the morning are nice.

What's the biggest bag out there?
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

I don't know but my hot gear pro is fucking gigantic. Like carry a couple of small children gigantic. Any bigger would be way excessive imo.

Are there any problems using a heated boot bag with a thermal moldable ski boot liner or shell?

Quote Originally Posted by KBP View Post
    Are there any problems using a heated boot bag with a thermal moldable ski boot liner or shell?
    The manual says you should only use the low setting with the Fischer Vacuum Boots.

Quote Originally Posted by BrokeSomeRibs View Post
    I've got a brand new Athalon heated boot bag that I'm not really using. Anyone interested? It's new, tags attached. Heated it up once in my living room just to check it out.

Amazon wants $185, I'd let mine go for $140 shipped. Got other stuff I'd rather put the money into.
    I'll take that off your hands if it's still available. Fuck it. I'm soft already. May as well go all the way.

Any chance you could find these used?

No experience with this Athalon bag but an ad directed me to this one on ebags.com.

The big question with this bag relates to the three temperature ranges - vis a vis both Intuition liners and heat moldable shells. Note (that like the Hot Gear Bag) that it accepts both AC power and 12VDC.

Only after following this link, did I catch BrokeSomeRibs' reference to it (above). It's currently priced at $129.99. I just might have to pick one up, 'coz my wife has been eying my Hot Gear Bag ;-)

With those caveats ...

http://www.ebags.com/product/athalon...uctid=10390852

Cheers,
    Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 12-25-2016 at 04:16 PM.
    Galibier Design

^^^ You can generally find a 20% off coupon for ebags.

So I was all set to try a heated boot bag this year, then I saw this on the Intuition website FAQ. Anybody using one with Intuitions?

CAN I USE A HEATED BOOT BAG?

Not recommended as the liners are heat sensitive and could cause damage to the foam gradually over time.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    My boots never get cold in the car on the 15 minute drive to the hill.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by TrueNorth View Post
    So I was all set to try a heated boot bag this year, then I saw this on the Intuition website FAQ. Anybody using one with Intuitions?

CAN I USE A HEATED BOOT BAG?

Not recommended as the liners are heat sensitive and could cause damage to the foam gradually over time.
    I am, and I heat overnight in the middle heat position (can't recall the temperature). Will there be a negative effect after 150 ski days? Too soon to tell.

I can certainly see why Intuition would discourage heated bags. I wouldn't encourage people either, what with the percentage of people who aren't playing with a full deck.

I asked my boot guy about this last year. I can't recall the details, but after the conversation, I felt comfortable running the heater at its middle temperature setting.

Since those of us who don't use Zipfits are mainly concerned with heating the shell, I suppose we can start removing our liners and heating only the shell. I know, another PITA thing to do.

Cheers,
    Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 11-05-2016 at 01:20 AM.
    Galibier Design