Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 396
  1. #126
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    765
    Not sure what to laugh at more.... kooks skiing in walk mode for longer than one run or the kook in orange that I hope to see n Brody all over him.

  2. #127
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    LaLa Land
    Posts
    3,172
    Team Comish will be up this weekend.
    He who has the most fun wins!

  3. #128
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Mt Baldys shoes
    Posts
    2,852
    Watching all the traffic come into town right now.
    Started about 4:30 pm and hasn't stopped.
    The hill is skiing really well right now
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1450488578392.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	90.8 KB 
ID:	173592  

  4. #129
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Deepest Valley
    Posts
    174
    I hope to be up tomorrow or Sunday. Orange jacket, black helmet, brown boots, black gloves, Rossi S7 ski.... or just look for the guy in an orange jacket in a sitski

  5. #130
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    2,521
    Last night I got back from a four day Mammoth trip, and as others have noted, the mountain is skiing great.

    I arrived Monday evening, so I missed the Monday pow, but Tuesday was still a whole lot of fun. I started by cutting far skier's right on Climax, and there was beautiful cut-up pow, deeper than boot deep. I lapped that for a while, it was super fun and very light, but I did hit a whole lot of rocks so be careful. Eventually the images of my knee hitting a rock became too much to bear so I decided I had had enough of the cutup pow after hitting it until the early afternoon on Tuesday. Next I skied sign line, the far skier's left of climax, and it was beautiful windbuff. For the rest of Tuesday, and Wednesday Thursday and Friday as well, I traded off laps between skier's left Climax and Dave's, which also had great windbuff. I think there is good buff in the Dropouts, although the entrances are quite rocky, but skier's left Climax and Dave's were so good that I just couldn't pull myself away. Those lines were pretty much all I skied this trip, but they were so good that I was happy with that. The wind machine was definitely doing it's job. I hope it still does for you guys who are up this weekend.

    Have fun up there, but do be aware of the rocks. Although the mountain is great for this time of year the sharks are still lurking.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."


    "You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

    "I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

  6. #131
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Saaaan Diaago
    Posts
    3,477
    Saturday was pretty fun. Cooold! Got in a couple laps with jtran and pal off of 25 and found really good snow in the trees. Little bit of a crust layer, but getting covered up quickly. Coverage was actually not too bad. Have to imagine the dragons back etc. would be pretty good.

    Got up about 20th gondola or so for G2 on Sunday. I would say 6 to 8 inches of new stuff was pretty accurate. Upper gondola and 23 did not open on Saturday, so figured would be pretty good, but very very wind affected. Almost sastrugi in lots of spots. Heard the same of Dave's further skiers right. Even lower down on G2 was not that great.

    For those of you into mini golf around G2, note that still almost nothing has enough snow on takeoffs to be smooth and easy. Lots of flat landings, too, it looks like! One line off monument was decent in that regard, but sastrugi in the landing and very poor visibility did not make for a good time.

    Did not spend much time up top before shredding schoolyard with the woman, but did make it to 22 for a lap. Got into what I think was the second avalanche chute, which was absolutely money. Entrance is extremely rocky for the first 10 feet, but oh so buttery smooth the remainder of the ride. Really nothing exposed below the top section. Wish I could have just lapped that all day. So damn fun.

    Some stuff exposed definitely off of chair 16 Canyon lift, but looked like some pretty good tuns there as well. Would definitely spend more time there than off of G2 or anywhere around main lodge.

    From chair 16 I saw some dude in waterfall maching turns and was really hoping he would send the bottom air. He did, and I grinned. kudos to whoever that was. SNDNR propa!

    Pretty distraught that doesn't look like I will have the time to get to Mammoth again until early February, dammit. Enjoy that in the meantime! Have to imagine Christmas weekend will be pretty damn money

    Consolation is looks like the woman and I will make it for a Tahoe trifecta of squaw, Alpine, Kirkwood for new year.

    See y'all in February! Maybe baldy will open and get a Thursday in before then??
    "I said flotation is groovy"
    -Jimi Hendrix

    "Just... ski down there and jump offa somethin' for cryin' out loud!!!"
    -The Coolest Guy to have Ever Lived

  7. #132
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Devils Whorehouse
    Posts
    1,263
    Brutal winds last night. I was up at mccoy for a holiday party last night, and there had to be at least 3 feet new of Sierra cement when we took the cats down around 10..

    Comish/Twins

    Shoot me a PM for digits, it be nice to meet up with you guys
    Whoa, what you gotta say?? Whoa, girls turn 18 every day!!!
    --Vandals

  8. #133
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    2,521
    Quote Originally Posted by Joey Bag O' Donuts View Post
    Brutal winds last night. I was up at mccoy for a holiday party last night, and there had to be at least 3 feet new of Sierra cement when we took the cats down around 10..
    3 feet? Wow. That is good to hear. I'm glad to hear it is thick stuff too, that should really set up the base if it does not slide.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."


    "You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

    "I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

  9. #134
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    13
    Been up to Mammoth twice so far. Last weekend had amazing conditions, Im heading back up the 23rd. Really excited about this season. Check out the video to get an idea of the conditions. I made a video, but Forum gods wont let me post the URL...

  10. #135
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    LaLa Land
    Posts
    3,172
    last weekend was sooo much fun! Its actually kinda a blur...

    I can remember doing hiking laps from 25 to Avy's on Saturday and then skiing viva while the first people were loading 22!

    Sunday the Noids where stellar. As DD said, there was some interesting things going on up top in the morning due to the wind, but the gulleys of the Noids were all soft, fluffy goodness! The mountain was empty as well. Damn cold and the Mammoth wind was present, but sooo much fun!

    Bummed we aren't back up till New Years. I think all 8 or 10 days this year so far have been better than just about everyday last year!
    He who has the most fun wins!

  11. #136
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    2,080
    Heading back up around noon tomorrow for the long weekend. This storm for 24/25 is looking fun!

    Make sure all of you mags with kids stay home extra long opening presents on xmas

    Mammoth jong question too - staying about 10-15 minute walk from canyon again. On the 25th would you A. drive the car over to Main and start there, or B. just start on Canyon express and hightail it over to wherever I feel like skiing first? Anyone want to ski this weekend? My friends can be beaters.

  12. #137
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    LaLa Land
    Posts
    3,172
    Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    Heading back up around noon tomorrow for the long weekend. This storm for 24/25 is looking fun!

    Make sure all of you mags with kids stay home extra long opening presents on xmas

    Mammoth jong question too - staying about 10-15 minute walk from canyon again. On the 25th would you A. drive the car over to Main and start there, or B. just start on Canyon express and hightail it over to wherever I feel like skiing first? Anyone want to ski this weekend? My friends can be beaters.
    I avoid driving if at all possible, especially during the holidays, especially when its snowing, especially with all the jongs in town. I would walk to Canyon as its rare anything amazing opens at Main in the first 1 hour on a pow day. You either bomb down to 2 and start the hurry up and wait process or play around on 16 and watch 22/5. I supposed getting right to 2 in the morning wouldn't be a bad move on the 25th, but don't expect things to pop right away. You would basically be driving to get first tracks off 2 somewhere. The rest will be a cat and mouse waiting game...
    He who has the most fun wins!

  13. #138
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    2,080
    Quote Originally Posted by comish View Post
    I avoid driving if at all possible, especially during the holidays, especially when its snowing, especially with all the jongs in town. I would walk to Canyon as its rare anything amazing opens at Main in the first 1 hour on a pow day. You either bomb down to 2 and start the hurry up and wait process or play around on 16 and watch 22/5. I supposed getting right to 2 in the morning wouldn't be a bad move on the 25th, but don't expect things to pop right away. You would basically be driving to get first tracks off 2 somewhere. The rest will be a cat and mouse waiting game...
    Thanks comish. I really enjoyed the chair 25 area last Saturday (didn't know how short the hike was to the 22 terrain. doh) so any of that Lincoln area works for me.

  14. #139
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    2,521
    Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    Thanks comish. I really enjoyed the chair 25 area last Saturday (didn't know how short the hike was to the 22 terrain. doh) so any of that Lincoln area works for me.
    I will second the idea of walking to Canyon. I also hate driving, and whenever possible I walk or take the bus. If I am driving I usually go to Eagle unless it is a powder day. I also support using 25 on a pow day. Don't get me wrong, I love 22, but 22 is more crowded so I prefer to lap 25 and get more pow laps before going over to 22 when it is tracked but still fun. I sacrifice a bit on terrain in return for my pow turns being less cut-up. I do enjoy hiking 22 when it is not running. That is my storm day plan, if it is bluebird of course it is a cat and mouse game like Comish says.

    So yeah, I would walk. Driving is just a nuisance. Are you close to the village gondola? If you are it might make sense to walk down there and take that up.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."


    "You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

    "I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

  15. #140
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Wasatch
    Posts
    5,221
    Eagle tree runs and off by bullocks place is good. Under 8 and the water tower run is usually still good later
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

    So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....


    Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

    8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16

    2018/2019 (24/32)

  16. #141
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    13
    I left Mammoth on Sunday and it had already received almost 2 new feet! My buddies stayed, sounds like it drop an other foot to 2 depending on what part of the mountain you are riding! Looks like more snow is coming Thursday. This season is already making up for the last couple!! check the video for a look at the conditions.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSnk7AFMD_I

  17. #142
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Deepest Valley
    Posts
    174
    Pic from Mammoth Main lodge parking mid day today. Closed all day out of main. They had traffic control at the village telling people there was nothing running at main.



    Wind speeds. Top of Chair 1 had consistently higher wind speeds than the summit when I was looking today.



    The sign as it should be.


  18. #143
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Saaaan Diaago
    Posts
    3,477
    Quote Originally Posted by thecadgod View Post
    I left Mammoth on Sunday and it had already received almost 2 new feet! My buddies stayed, sounds like it drop an other foot to 2 depending on what part of the mountain you are riding! Looks like more snow is coming Thursday. This season is already making up for the last couple!! check the video for a look at the conditions.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSnk7AFMD_I
    Sweet stuff. ''Twas good!

    Looks like some luvv for chair 5?? Many a beer to the man who will show me some stuff to jump off of around chair 5/waterfall... I hear but do not see.

    And are those winds mph or kmph?? Good lord! Hope there is some snow left on the ground...
    "I said flotation is groovy"
    -Jimi Hendrix

    "Just... ski down there and jump offa somethin' for cryin' out loud!!!"
    -The Coolest Guy to have Ever Lived

  19. #144
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Deep Days View Post
    Sweet stuff. ''Twas good!

    Looks like some luvv for chair 5?? Many a beer to the man who will show me some stuff to jump off of around chair 5/waterfall... I hear but do not see.

    And are those winds mph or kmph?? Good lord! Hope there is some snow left on the ground...
    Most of the tree riding was off 22 & 25, the shots of the skier and boarder jumpin out of the trees is off of chair 3, which looks a lot like chair 5!

  20. #145
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    744
    Quote Originally Posted by whitekingsalmon View Post
    Not sure what to laugh at more.... kooks skiing in walk mode for longer than one run or the kook in orange that I hope to see n Brody all over him.
    WTR boots in walk mode vs ride mode is barely noticeable-again you just like to hate because you're a fucking lame meth snorting pussy. You have nothing but negative energy and Bishop pigs can't wait to nail you again. Don't make Max put your wife back on here for everybody to laugh at.

  21. #146
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    65
    Ouch^

  22. #147
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    744
    Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    Heading back up around noon tomorrow for the long weekend. This storm for 24/25 is looking fun!

    Make sure all of you mags with kids stay home extra long opening presents on xmas

    Mammoth jong question too - staying about 10-15 minute walk from canyon again. On the 25th would you A. drive the car over to Main and start there, or B. just start on Canyon express and hightail it over to wherever I feel like skiing first? Anyone want to ski this weekend? My friends can be beaters.
    You will not be able to move anywhere for the next 2 weeks-walk as much as possible.

  23. #148
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ventura Highway in the Sunshine
    Posts
    21,333
    Quote Originally Posted by Deep Days View Post
    Sweet stuff. ''Twas good!

    Looks like some luvv for chair 5?? Many a beer to the man who will show me some stuff to jump off of around chair 5/waterfall... I hear but do not see.

    And are those winds mph or kmph?? Good lord! Hope there is some snow left on the ground...
    Lots of stuff to jump off of from Chair 5. Small cliff band below the snow fence if you go right off the chair. A few rock piles here and there nearly all the way down if you stay well left of the chair. The whole ridge line right of chair three starting at rooster and going down towards waterfall has everything from little to big, but anything landing on the dry creek side is likely to have some rocky landings. At least is was bad before this last storm cycle.

    I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

  24. #149
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Devils Whorehouse
    Posts
    1,263
    Quote Originally Posted by Long duc dong View Post
    3 feet? Wow. That is good to hear. I'm glad to hear it is thick stuff too, that should really set up the base if it does not slide.
    Avy 2 & 3 went all the way to the ground and ran to the road. Juevos to upper dry creek went, and P3 ran top to bottom. The top hasn't been open, and that's probably a good thing with the next storm coming in tonight. I hate to say it, but it would probably be in our best interest if everything just slid, and we start over again. Patrol is doing a hell of a job keeping everyone safe, so if it says closed, don't go...

    There is a pic of chair 14 floating around, and it has a foot of ice/rime stuck to every single chair.

    I'm not trying to scare anyone away, but the mtn just had this weird look today.

    Something is gonna slide big time...
    Whoa, what you gotta say?? Whoa, girls turn 18 every day!!!
    --Vandals

  25. #150
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ventura Highway in the Sunshine
    Posts
    21,333
    Quote Originally Posted by Joey Bag O' Donuts View Post
    Avy 2 & 3 went all the way to the ground and ran to the road. Juevos to upper dry creek went, and P3 ran top to bottom. The top hasn't been open, and that's probably a good thing with the next storm coming in tonight. I hate to say it, but it would probably be in our best interest if everything just slid, and we start over again. Patrol is doing a hell of a job keeping everyone safe, so if it says closed, don't go...

    There is a pic of chair 14 floating around, and it has a foot of ice/rime stuck to every single chair.

    I'm not trying to scare anyone away, but the mtn just had this weird look today.

    Something is gonna slide big time...
    Wow! any pics of the avi chutes?

    es avi center reports sounds like things are looking good, but this sounds just the opposite.

    I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •