Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
    Cool. LiketoRide is heading to mammoth !!

Someone help her out with some buddy passes. She is the hardest charging splitter in the Tahoe Basin and can rip the shit out of anything from Tahoe to Lone Pine
    Shes the real deal..

I can help out with a ticket. A little limited in # remaining. PM coming.
    "I said flotation is groovy"
    -Jimi Hendrix

"Just... ski down there and jump offa somethin' for cryin' out loud!!!"
    -The Coolest Guy to have Ever Lived

Also: My girlfriend and I will be in the bootshop from 10 to lunchtime Saturday and on the hill after that, and then probably skiing mid morning to after lunch-ish Sunday.

Anybody else making the journey? Looks like real live spring skiing, so nice lazy starts...
    -Jimi Hendrix

Vets is offline Orange Mocha Frappuccino!
    Quote Originally Posted by liketoride View Post
    Hi, Hello, How's it going? This weekend will be my annual pilgrimage to Mammoth. I'm hoping someone can give me advice on finding discounts or deals on lift tickets. I was checking out liftopia but they don't seem any cheaper than just buying tickets at the resort. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    I believe that I saw 4 packs of lift tickets at Costco for $299 if that helps.

I think a Buddy Pass may be a little less than than that per day. If any Maggots need a buddy pass, pm me your info (I think I need your name and email addy) what day you will start skiing and how many days are needed and I will try and hook you up.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Team Comish will be up (3rd w/e in a row...). The Mighty Mites World Championships will be parading down Broadway Saturday morning with the race following. Pretty cool event for the kids.
    He who has the most fun wins!

Yeah, buddy pass is 50% off, so about 60 bucks or something??
    -Jimi Hendrix

Hey Texass, thanks man! How's the shoulder doing? Did you guys ride so-cal backcountry last weekend? Did you guys get snow down there?

Deep Days I sent you a PM, I'll take you up on a buddy pass if you can spare one, just lemme know.

Thanks Vets, my brother and his buddy got some Costco 4 packs. That's a good deal.

Liv2ski I may hit you up for a buddy pass if I don't end up getting one from Deep Days.

I'm stoked to go to Mammoth. I really love that place for Spring riding.

I will be driving down just for Sat to meet up with my brother and his kids and his buds from Santa Barbara and their family who are staying and skiing down there for an extended weekend. It will be a big crew.
    True happiness comes from within, the whiteroom.

Anyone know (or have guesses) if the $699 re-up will be the price for new pass purchasers also?

Moving to the Brentwood area this summer from the bay (wife is starting medical school at UCLA) and trying to figure out what to do next year in terms of passes. Not sure if the Mountain Collective makes more sense until I figure out how much I'll actually get up to Mammoth...

Hey Liketoride

We did hit up SoCal for a one day covert mission.

It was that powdered snow though and you know how bad I hate that stuff. Luckily,I didnt fall own this time so none of it got down my Jacket or in my gloves.
    Hoping to get up to Onion Valley sunday. Have fun at Mammoth, tell Dave howdy

Thanks for Hooking Up LiketoRide . You guys ROK
    Last edited by TEXASS; 03-18-2016 at 04:36 PM.

2015-2016 Mammoth/Baldy/Big Bear/SoCal: Let's Start the Show!

Skied Mammoth the last two days (Thurs & Fri). Conditions were excellent. If your coming up for the weekend, hit it hard Saturday as Sunday's weather forecast is clouds and winds increasing. On the way back to Reno now, I'll post some pics later this evening. Enjoy the mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by noha113 View Post
    Anyone know (or have guesses) if the $699 re-up will be the price for new pass purchasers also?

Moving to the Brentwood area this summer from the bay (wife is starting medical school at UCLA) and trying to figure out what to do next year in terms of passes. Not sure if the Mountain Collective makes more sense until I figure out how much I'll actually get up to Mammoth...
    The flyer said the three day sale is only for current passholders. My guess is that they will raise the price once the sale is over and they open it up to others. My guess is they will raise it to something like 750 or 800, but I don't know. Hopefully they won't raise it too much.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Last two days reminded me again why Mammoth is still my favorite Mtn to ski. Big warm up in Tahoe this week with many places melting and freezing top to bottom. In search of better snow I dawn patrolled down 395 early Thursday and rolled into a sweet day.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullSizeRender (2) copy.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	178497
    The view from the back of chair 1 of the top.

Name:	FullSizeRender (2).jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	178498
    First ride up chair 23. Mammoth mid week & non-holiday, and no crowds!

Name:	FullSizeRender (3).jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	1.75 MB 
ID:	178499
    Looking up at hanger's. A little chewed up above the throat, but sweet winter wind buff after it.

Name:	IMG_0706.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	1.66 MB 
ID:	178500
    Daves was super smooth. The line from skiers left to right ending almost on the ramp of chair 9 was super fun. Caution, there was some avi debris at the bottom of Daves. Almost went into it at high speed. Would not have been good.

Name:	IMG_0707.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	178501
    Avis get late afternoon sun this time of year and were holding more winter chalk. View down Avie 1 from 22. Get past the goat trails at the top and its smooth all the way down.

Name:	IMG_0708.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	1.81 MB 
ID:	178502
    My fav run this trip, Avie 2. Looking down from the top. If you know where to look, there's a clean entrance in right off the top.

Name:	IMG_0709.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	965.0 KB 
ID:	178503
    Avie 2, just below the throat. Very good snow.

Name:	IMG_0710.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	178504
    The "bowl" of Avie 2. Three high speed carves and a big right turn and back to the chair. If the gondi or 23 lines are big this weekend, 22 has the goods.

Out at Mt Rose tomorrow as it is the last day of the falcons program and kids fun race.
    Cheers.

I concur w/ Dr. Frank EastSierra Connors. Splendid this weekend.

Avy 2 was indeed tricky to get into. Maybe 45 precarious seconds of sidestepping down rocks and dirt and then hopping a couple lillypads to get into a good posish. Top half was glorious. Bottom half, I thought, was a bit chattery and required some caution.

G2, however, was where I wish I had spent my whole day. 23 looked rather bumped up when viewed from McCoy, etc., so I wasn't sure it deserved much time.

Got only one lap on Dave's and one lap on Climax, but Climax was one of the more fun runs I've had this season. Short, yes, but tight butthole indeed. Conditions on skier's right of that were highly deserving of some Eggs Tyrone. Soft, smooth chalk with essentially no bumps (maybe not quite windbuff cream cheese). Or, in other words:
    Name:  Off.the.chain.gif
Views: 1042
Size:  497.4 KB

Couldn't quite find the line on Dave's, but the cornice higher up from where I dropped looked mighty tasty. Was gonna try to hit the cornice, shut 'er down and ski back onto the ridge more or less and then drop off again. Totally doable, I think, and definitely recommended. Agree that snow may be a little less predictable on Dave's but very good overall.

Was stoked about this Climax line, so here it is. Obviously could take both bigger but just great to know it's there. Should give an idea of conditions. No idea why no one ever skis more than 25 feet along that traverse, but I ain't complainin'!

Will be up Thurs-Sun this week and will have a real spirit of adventure, so would love to meet up. Can pretty much ski guilt-free, as the girlfriend will be with her sister all week! FYI, there is a super sweet looking line off the right of 22 that is just a long sustained semi-steep "ridgeline" with a cornice type thing toward the end, and the whole line looks like it can be skied like a spine. Bummed I ran out of time to try that one yesterday.

Hopefully see you kooks up there next weekend. BTW, when the high was about 55 on Saturday, prime time for corn was probably in the 10 to 11 hour, pretty good from 12 to 1, fair from 1-2 and a little rough thereafter. With high of 45 yesterday, that was probably shifted an hour later.
    Last edited by Deep Days; 03-21-2016 at 10:03 AM.
    -Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by noha113 View Post
    Moving to the Brentwood area this summer...
    Wanna buy a house in Brentwood? Gonna sell mine fairly soon, I think.

Meanwhile, born and raised here- I can help you with just about anything relating to the area. Lemme know, eh?
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Looks like I'm heading up to Mammoth to ski at the resort on Saturday. Does anyone have a spare buddy pass they'd be willing to part with? Sunday is going to be an Eastside exploration.
    JigaRex Universal Ski Mounting Jig

More than likely I do, davie. Will see after girl friend's sister comes around. Will post up in a couple days.
    -Jimi Hendrix

I have some too. Let me know if needed.
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

Coming out next week from the east coast. Anyone around tuesday - Thursday to show a few of us around? Anyone have any buddy passes left?
    It's not tragic to die doing what you love.
    http://www.flickr.com/pearljam09/
    http://pearljam09.blogspot.com/

Fun weekend at Mammoth. I skied mostly Dave's and skier's right Climax. I got into hanger's, which is okay but not great. It is a bit hacked up before the choke, although smooth on the other side. It was better earlier this year when it was even smooth through the choke.

The star was skier's right Climax. Super smooth and edge-able wind buff, the kind which sprays you in the face. We pretty much spent all day there both days once we found how good it was.

I skied Monday and almost nothing was open, too windy. Even chairs 22 and 25 were shut. It was just as well, as I was showing my dad around.

I would caution anyone flying into Mammoth. My dad flew in Sunday night in some of the worst wind I have seen. He said the landing was scary. He flew in on Alaska from LA. My wife was supposed to fly home Sunday night as she could not get this time off of work, but the plane she was supposed to take from San Francisco, a smaller plane the the Alaska plane, could not land. She was supposed to fly into SF and then down to John Wayne. She was rebooked for Monday. Of course it was canceled Monday too, and she could not miss another day of work so I had to drive her home. My dad and I are driving back up today and skiing Wednesday and Thursday. It sucks to miss today, I thought of driving up this morning at 4 am but I was too tired after driving home last night. They were supposed to get 6 inches last night, which might translate to a foot up top. I am really hoping they don't open the top today so that I can hit it tomorrow. I have not gotten a top pow day yet this year, so I really need one. It really sucks to have to drive home like this, but nothing we can do.

I guess the moral of the story is to be careful of using the Mammoth airport. Some serious wind there. Hopefully Wednesday and Thursday will be good.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

^^^^Yep, that is why I have never bothered to book flights in there ahead of time, as you know there is a good chance the weather will shit can the flight.

Looking forward to thurs-sun. Hopefully this miniature storm freshens things up a bit. Will be celebrating some more...

why celebrate? For those who may give a damn: sadly, I will be leaving Southern California in June for at least the next five years. Happily: I got into orthopedic residency, and I will be in Tucson! Pretty stoked about that. Will be sad to leave Mammoth and all the glory that it offers, but at least I won't be stuck in goddamn Ohio or something.

Come up and celebrate with me!
    -Jimi Hendrix

Plenty of worse places to be than Tucson, for sure. Biking and climbing = fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Pack your passport. You are in very short range of some awesome Sonoran road trips.

Start reading the archives here to get you psyched: http://ediblebajaarizona.com/
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by Deep Days View Post
    Looking forward to thurs-sun. Hopefully this miniature storm freshens things up a bit. Will be celebrating some more...

why celebrate? For those who may give a damn: sadly, I will be leaving Southern California in June for at least the next five years. Happily: I got into orthopedic residency, and I will be in Tucson! Pretty stoked about that. Will be sad to leave Mammoth and all the glory that it offers, but at least I won't be stuck in goddamn Ohio or something.

Come up and celebrate with me!
    Congrats!
    We will be up April 2nd for early ups and a afternoon bbq in the lot if you are around. Whats the closest resort to your new location?
    Last edited by TWINS; 03-22-2016 at 05:38 PM.