Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bibby or BG or maybe Renegade

Hi,

I see that geometry some how similar for these two:
    Moment Bibby Pro 184 141-116-131 R: 25
    ON3P Billy Goat 184 141-116-126 R: 28 or even
    189 143-116-126 R:29

Are these similar purpose skis? (like powder/crud)
    Blister loves Moment (I think they have a crash on anything by Moment), but not that "hot" about ON3P.
    Anybody had any experience on either or preferable both?

I understand, that these are NOT true powder skis, but I think these skis are better for day next after 6" or even 20" dump (which means, these skis could be used more than like 120+ mm skis)

Also, have an opportunity to get 4FRNT Renegade but unfortunately in 196, I think 196 is too much for me.
    I am 6' and 200 lb, but not an expert (more like upper advanced).

All of the above skis do have high turn radius (above 26 m).. does this matter for powder ski?

Which ski is better/easier to ski in the crud and refrozen snow?
    My current ski are sink under me in more than a foot (blizzard bonafide 180), and I am afraid to go over 190, I guess 185-187 should be a perfect size?

too many questions?

thank you

The red ones are better in crud.

Billy goat

The 184 Bibby Pro measures around 182 so for a person your size I'd suggest to look at the 190 which measures about 188. ON3P skis are their stated length.
    People like both skis so do what I do when I'm faced with a difficult decision. Go with the red ones because they're faster.

nope.. red one looks too fast, will go with orange

I think the billyG will serve you better everywhere but groomers..

If you know your going to be skiing groomers a lot, get the bibby. For everything off piste the Billy Goat has a better shape for that kind of stuff

Youre heavy enough for the 189, but if you still have a lot of improving to do, and dont like long skis than go with the 184 BG. It measures like other companies 186-7s.. its not "too" short, and it will be more maneuverable.
    Last edited by aevergreene; 10-28-2015 at 12:46 PM.

Based on reviews of the Bibby, I always thought the ON3P Jeffrey would compare pretty well to the Bibby Pro, and are an awesome under 12" and post-pow ski. Would fit well with what you're looking for.

Jeffreys could work, and the sizing works better for you. 186.
    The jeffreys are actually suprisingly beefy, and remind me of a smaller, more versatile bibby.

Float will still be good, but not as good the billy goat

Ok, thank you.
    Jeffreys definitely were not on the list, I though they are pure jib skis.
    No, I am not planning doing groomers on 115+ skis, I have 100 mm for it (and 70 mm for really hard/ice days).

P.S. any good or bad about 4frnt renegate 186 vs Moment Bibby 190 ?
    Last edited by tanoleg; 10-28-2015 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tanoleg View Post
    Ok, thank you.
    Jeffreys definitely were not on the list, I though they are pure jib skis.
    Definitely not pure jib skis, especially if you get em long enough. I know the term "playful charger" is usually marketing BS, but the Jeffrey is probably the closest thing to that. Really great ski. If you want more directional/pow oriented the the BG is probably the way to go. I just really like my Jeffrey's so I reccomend them as often as is appropriate.

Bibby will surprise you with how versatile it is on groomers. Sounds like you may have them groomers pretty well covered on your 100mm ski ... So if you are comfortable on those in all but the bigger days (>12") then maybe you can jump straight to the BG for a more purposeful ski? But if you plan on using your next ski to get off groomers between storms then Bibby or Jeffrey could be your ticket as they're still a bunch of fun getting back to the lift or doing lift laps.

At your weight / height think you could get away with the 190 Bibby as others have said (subject to how you ski). Don't ski long ...

I have the 184 Bibby in my quiver and it slays, ESPECIALLY in tracked out pow, but also fun on piste, and in the trees. I even pull 'em out on day when I should probably be reaching for my 183 TST's...as I'm always holding out hope for that freak storm to blow in and refill the hill. I'm 5'10" 170 lbs so I would also rec the 190's for a feller yer size.

190 Bibby: 143-118-133
    189 BG: 143-116-126
    so, Bibby is fatter, but people are saying BG is better in pow. Is it because BG is softer than Bibby? Than it make sense if Bibby is better on groomers and BG in better in powder.

The BG is better in pow because of the RES tip. Not because it's softer. It's not.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

i thought it was softer. but yeah, RES.

3 line review of the BG:
    RES + pintail = amazing in pow
    RES = excellent in tracked pow & soft chop
    pintail = poor on steep 2D snow

Haven't skied the Bibby.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

nice. might have to save that one in notepad for the 50+ BG related threads that will pop up over the next few months.

Bibby or BG or maybe Renegade

I rock the 190 Bibby and love them. I'm 6ft 180, they can chatter a bit on hard pack but what rocker doesn't.

Bibby is a bit better on hardback than BG. I like last year's version better than the older or 2016 one. More versatile and still charges

The bibby is not really that much stiffer than the BG. They are close, but the bibby might edge out the BG. Both are very similar tip and tail but i think the bibby was slightly more stout underfoot. However the BG seems like a larger ski. Its longer, heavier, and the ammount of ski-mass in front of your boot is much greater than that of the bibby.

I think the bibby (and pb&j) feels a little dead feeling, whereas on3p skis are snappier and more responsive. Bamboo skis rip. Some people like that dead feeling though.. its personal preference.

Also the bibby is a great powder ski, its just not "the best".. i feel like the answers on here made the bibby seem like an all mountain ski, and its not at all. Its a powder ski, and has a really large sweet spot, making for one of the best chop skis known to mankind.. the 186 governor could work for you as well. Thats a great ski, but it isnt as burly as the 190 bibby. And the 196 governor is probably more ski than you want.

The billy goat has RES, more taper, and a pintail. Its designed specifically to be less hooky in 3d snow, and more pivoty, but still works on groomers...just not as good as the traditional sidecut grip on the bibbys. Still the bibbys will suck on groomers compared to your bonafides, its not even close

^^^ Solid review, I agree on all parts

186 governor did not crossed my mind because:
    a. heard they are rails
    b. no rocker at the tips (mean prefer to open space only).

So far both: Bibby and BG are prefer choices. Thank you everyone.
    I guess, I am going to consider 190 Bibby instead of 184. Moment did 186 before.. which would be more preferable, but this is not an option for this year, and 120 mm from last year is too wide I guess for my needs.

They are not rails. They are more intuitive than the bibby, with pintail and taper. Roll them over and they turn.

They have a lot of rocker in the tips..

The 190 is not an easy ski. If your looking for an "easy" ski, youll be disapoonted. Its not a demanding ski, but its no k2 or line.. it requires speed to have a good time.

Damn I keep seeing the BGs recommended for a very broad spectrum of conditions and they been around for a long time so it's not just hype. What happened to the tour version?

It got thinner and is now called the steeple
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?