Fluid Film undercoating your car/truck/Bull

So what a better place to get opinions from technically inclined people then here. This will be my first winter with my new to me 09' (rust free) Subaru that I would like to protect so it doesn't rust out like my old one did due to Vermont roads. After considering different product I have gone with Fluid Film. I got a fancy kit to spray everything down and to get into all the nooks and crannies. Has anyone here done this before and have any time tested results as to why one should or should not use this product. Everyone I spoke to has had generally positive reviews.

I don't know anything about it but seems to be very popular in the jeep community especially if offroading on sand and beaches. Interested to hear others experiences with this stuff and how easy or messy it is to apply

I've heard that this stuff works well for regular rust protection treatment. I've only used it on my snowblower to help keep snow from sticking and clogging up.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I drive a supremely engineered vehicle... audi so rust is not an issue, but I do put fluid film on the body rails every time I jack it up. The jack scratches off the factory rubber coating. Fluid film kept them rust free.

Oh and btw audi awd > subaru awd

Quote Originally Posted by daught View Post
    supremely engineered vehicle... audi
    Lol

Audi will never rust out. Know why?
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

WestCoastPDR Guest
    I thought the chain links on the hood and trunk were to tow it back to the shop for repairs on the audi's

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

That didn't take very long now did it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	171 
Size:	201.8 KB 
ID:	170832

My stepson is a gearhead and he swears by it on his truck. Sure you know, but I will say it anyways: do not wash under your vehicle after you have done your application as you do not want to spray it off.

I need to do something myself now that I'm bringing a Jeep that grew up in the desert to it's new home in the rainforest.

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/fl...r-1467625.html
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Look at all the jealous bitches. Best $5000 ever spent.

Makes for a nice driveway ornament, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Makes for a nice driveway ornament, doesn't it?
    While I value function over form, I won't deny it's a beautiful car. Makes it way easier to sleep in resort parking lots. It would not look out of place even at deer valley.

I keep running into NH oil coating ads.

My AWD van is dead due to frame rot. Wondering if this shit is worth it for the next ride. Seems like you have to apply every few years.
    An old timer told me spray the car with tranny fluid. Nttiawwt

I feel like I’m in a Fargo movie.
    Should I get the true coat?
    . . .

Yes, get the true coat.
    watch out for snakes

You're a fucking liar.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Liar and more. He needs to post outside of PolyAss occasionally. Trolling in PA only is banable. This is supposed to be a community.

You should take your poly bs back to your hole

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Did you see where I gave to the community in the thread?

Any way

Our winters in Scotland are brutal on cars with the amount of salt they put on the roads here.

I use a system from Bilt Hamber Labs, save for some stuff I got from a chum who works in the off shore oil industry this stuff is amazing, its self healing and even their washing stuff prevents rust.

I use Atom Mac as a pre wash even once its been coated.

The rest of the my car is current being coated in Dynax S50 and UB (I use S50 on my suspension as I have coilovers and fully adjustable arms front and rear).

https://www.bilthamber.com/corrosion...st-treatments/
    I Came, I Saw, I .... Made A Slight Effort & Then Went Home For Lunch.

I use it on the folding steps on the RV which hang down and are always covered with road salt and grime. One application at hinge points lasted three years which is amazing under the circumstances.

Late to the party....

Here in Vermont with mostly dirt roads, lots of road salt, sand and muck soaking the undercarriage year-round, tons of people swear by the annual ritual of FluidFilm undercoating. Petroleum-based solutions (chainsaw oil, transmission fluid...etc.) can eat away at some rubber and plastic components, bushings, seals...cable housings...hoses..etc... Been getting FliuidFilm treatments for years now, and it has definitely preserved the chassis and bodywork. My mechanic swears by it...does his cars every year...it helps to prevent rotting of the frame, mounting hardware, brake lines and mounting clips, body panels...you name it...not to mention keeping exposed threads on things like shock mounts, tie-rod ends, suspension arm mounting bolts..etc corrosion-free so you can get them apart without a torch later on. I usually get a few cans with the little red spray tubes in the nozzle each season to get into the little nooks and crannies and door/rocker panel spots the guy with the spray gun might miss. Fluid film smells a little funky at first...(lanolin), but it dissipates after a few days. When you see how the metal is protected when you get under the car in the Spring...you'll be happy. I'm a believer...it's way better than leaving the undercarriage unprotected. Definitely makes our cars last longer in the Northeast.
    Mass-Produced Skiers Use Mass-Produced Skis
    Rip it up with something different.
    Support small and independent ski builders
    http://www.ExoticSkis.com