Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    LL Bean apparently doesn't make this or is sold out but I would describe the ninja hood as baggy in the neck. Perhaps look for something similar. I own two and love them.

https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/8372...iciency-hooded

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    LL Bean apparently doesn't make this or is sold out but I would describe the ninja hood as baggy in the neck. Perhaps look for something similar. I own two and love them.

https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/8372...iciency-hooded
    I was wondering why I couldn't find it any more. That explains it. Cabelas has their version on sale right now.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabel...r/1900675.uts?

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    I was wondering why I couldn't find it any more. That explains it. Cabelas has their version on sale right now.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabel...r/1900675.uts?
    Also, available in a tall version which is nice for the long torso crowd.

I bought a Cabela’s one on closeout. Thicker weight and warmer but face mask not quite as good as rotor.
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    I bought a Cabela’s one on closeout. Thicker weight and warmer but face mask not quite as good as rotor.
    I just got my rotor from Evo yesterday and have a Cabelas coming. I was not a huge fan of the rotor's mask when it wasn't up. I don't use balaclavas a ton (primarily interested in the hood), so I'm not sure I'm keeping it.

Mtn Equipment Eclipse half zip hoodie is the bomb.

Mons Royale temple tech. Color version also looks quite casual for chilling around town in summer.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Mtn Equipment Eclipse half zip hoodie is the bomb.
    Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    Recently Scooped an ME eclipse recently.

R1 hoody has become an about town piece. For performance and breathability, the ME is clearly the better one for me...

I run super hot. When I skied Southern VT, I was glad of the R1 hoody warmth. In the PNW, it's overkill.
    Quote Originally Posted by ffmedic84 View Post
    Hows the fit compared to the R1?
    Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    A little more trim in the waist, much longer torso (no exposed belly/back when moving with arms overhead) and much longer arms (no exposed wrists/no thumb pain from short sleeves.)
    bump for ME Eclipse fit question: @ 6'1" 170 should I be looking at Med or Large?

I’m 6’ 180 and the M is perfect for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a large guy, but I'm pretty solid. If you're whispy a medium I suppose.

Ha! I've never been called whispy before.

Quote Originally Posted by caulfield View Post
    First Lite Chama has a roomy neck, so much so that I can remove the hood without unzipping at all. The medium chama is pretty big for a medium in general. It works, I would just prefer a tighter fit.
    Updating my assessment of Chama sizing: If you're a medium and like a snug baselayer fit, go for the small Chama. First Lite has their "tag soup" sale going on right now, so I picked up a small and much prefer the fit. I'm 5'11" 175lbs, usually wear medium in outerwear, large in tshirts (large in Cabela's house brand hooded baselayer too, fwiw).

I returned the Armada as I never got used to the hood/face mask connection. I wanted to wear the hood alone and the connection to the face mask made that funky. The Cabelas sizing was off. Bought my usual large but the shoulders were very tight, so it went back as well.

Settled on the Under Armour Base 2.0. Sz L fit perfect and the hood is nice. Long face mask for great coverage. Nice and warm. Could use as a single base layer or use a thin shirt over the top. Was on sale for around $40 (think it's still on sale. Only complaint is the face mask may be too long and ends up bunching a bit. I definitely recommend it when looking in this category.

The thinnest Patagonia hoody has become my go to winter base layer.
    Usually just sits on my neck. Sometimes becomes head and balaclava insulation if things get ugly.
    . . .

Norrona makes a nice one, they have some in the outlet store right now.

It's built for Euro's though so skinny and long.

I’m searching for a nice option here - preferably some kind or wool blend . I get hot and sweaty easily when hiking or skiing and hate wearing something cold and wet later . Also want the hood for cold days as balaclava. Obviously some nice ones at $100 or more. Any recommended budget options out there ?

STP has a batch of full zip, hooded avalanche pieces. These are a knock off of polartech powergrid - so they're basically full zip, hooded R1 hoodie for $17. I have a half-zip, non-hooded piece that I wear as a baselayer for inbounds and touring - I bought it used for like $5 and was really pleasantly surprised by the high quality. Just bought two of the hooded ones

Quote Originally Posted by sruffian View Post
    STP has a batch of full zip, hooded avalanche pieces. These are a knock off of polartech powergrid - so they're basically full zip, hooded R1 hoodie for $17. I have a half-zip, non-hooded piece that I wear as a baselayer for inbounds and touring - I bought it used for like $5 and was really pleasantly surprised by the high quality. Just bought two of the hooded ones
    Link?

Still think it's hard to beat the Armada Rotor Hoodie from the last couple of years. The new ones don't look quite as nice though.

These are the good ones
    https://www.evo.com/outlet/long-unde...a-rotor-hoodie

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Hooded Base Layer

The Sitka apex hoody is the absolute best fabric and design I’ve ever found, having tried dozens of lightweight hoodies. Lightweight merino-nylon blend grid fleece with a slightly wind proof face, super well executed built in balaclava face cover, long cut. It’s camo, and it’s expensive AF, but I truly believe there is nothing better.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by abp View Post
    The Sitka apex hoody is the absolute best fabric and design I’ve ever found, having tried dozens of lightweight hoodies. Lightweight merino-nylon blend grid fleece with a slightly wind proof face, super well executed built in balaclava face cover, long cut. It’s camo, and it’s expensive AF, but I truly believe there is nothing better.
    When you cost almost twice as much as Norrøna you are officially expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Link?
    https://www.sierra.com/avalanche-led...anche-ledge%2F

Quote Originally Posted by greenmachine View Post
    I’m searching for a nice option here - preferably some kind or wool blend . I get hot and sweaty easily when hiking or skiing and hate wearing something cold and wet later . Also want the hood for cold days as balaclava. Obviously some nice ones at $100 or more. Any recommended budget options out there ?
    It ain't a budget option, but Vroomie's River Run hoodie is fucking tits! Great base layer for skiing or riding the mortorsickle. Plus, it's made right here in little ol' Pagosa Springs, CO. No child slave labor used, like, say, Patagonia, et al.

https://voormi.com/collections/basel...nt=27210516103
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by abp View Post

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I run warm and have been wearing the Sitka core lightweight hoodie. The polygene doesn’t seem to get too funky and the built in face mask is a great feature. Comes in basic black for formal occasions when you may not want to rock the camp.
    Being grown-up sucks!