WTB: decent rock skis...175-185, ~100 underfoot, adjustable toe height binder

looking to finally replace my ancient crossmax skis (66mm underfoot!) that i've been using as my rock skis for the last century. they have old s912 bindings that i've probably pushed too hard over the years, and they don't really properly fit my cochise AT sole boots anyway, so that's...sketchy.

i'm looking for a decent yet cheap early season daily driver that i wouldn't be afraid to get beat up a bit. for reference, my normal daily driver (when we have snow) is a blizzard cochise 185 w/ small dukes. would need a binding like the duke (or maybe anything else in the royal family, that could accommodate an AT soled boot?). like i said, also hoping to not break the bank as well.

i'm in southern BC, but will be on a road trip down through the states to southern AZ and back, starting in a couple weeks. probably passing through san francisco area, around vegas, possibly joshua tree, a bunch of southern AZ, likely up through moab and maybe SLC, and possibly jackson area before i loop back up to rossland. would be great to be able to pick something up along the way without having to ship.

have anything you want to get rid of for cheap?

I have a pair of 183 bro aks with a lil top sheet chipping and Rossi axials I could probably do for around 150. Bases are in great shape just don't use them anymore

small dukes on 173 volkl explosives for $300CND, I"m in banff
    Skis are just tuned, and look perfect.

thanks for the replies, guys. hoping to not have to ship (unless you work somewhere great that would ship em' to me for free )...but i'll keep the bro's in mind - i think the volkl's would be a bit too small. the axials don't have an adjustable toe height, no?

the bro's with the dukes, and i'd be set!

mtnlion, would you consider selling the dukes on their own? what vintage are they? i'd pretty much be looking for an older set of probably beat up dukes if i went that route for bindings (trying to keep this on the cheap). i'm sure i could find someone locally who's heading to banff to pick stuff up for me at some point soon...drop me a note!

i have a few that might work.
    188 salomon czar with marker duke
    186 moment jaguar shark with custom top sheet marker duke only a few made.
    188 s 7 fks14 binding
    pm me if you are interested

bumping this thread....lost one of my 2 daily driver skis in an avy last week, and i've come to the conclusion there's no way in hell i'm finding it before spring. lucky to be alive at the moment, but not so stoked now that i don't have anything to ski...

178-185, something with a baron/tour f12/duke/adrenaline/etc. to fit a 320mm boot sole, if it's 105-108mm or so underfoot, and the right length (185ish), i can still probably make use of my skins...and really, if it's 5cm shorter, i can probably trim the skins to fit. really don't care if they're beat up or not. i need a resort/slackcountry ski, hopefully on the cheap! saving up for a touring-specific rig, but that's for another day.

ship to 99157, or in and around rossland/nelson, bc.

Hit up Whyturn about his 185 G3 Highballs, which are brand-new but he'd sell for a fair price.

Hey Jeffro, May be on the heavy/long side, but have some 190 Bibbys with gaurdians and skins. Thinking somewhere around $400. for the whole setup. Going to be in Castlegar the area around the 22nd as well. I know they are a little more then rock skis, just thought Id offer

Thanks for all the replies, folks. Found a pair of planks