Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Its go time.

Measure twice cut once Dr Gorman
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Good luck dude....

Good luck!

Good luck.

Been living with the tendonitis all year.. doc says I'm not in your boat yet....
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Dont fall asleep at lds hospital in slc you might wake up with one of these on your pawClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20190411_134936.jpeg 
Views:	45 
Size:	44.4 KB 
ID:	278153
    Bunny Don't Surf

Dr said i had about 30% attachment of achilles to the calcaneous with lots of necrotic tendon that just peeled off the bone. Hes a skier and just shook his head that i skied on it all season. He was able to clean it up to good tissue without cutting out more tendon than needed. Nerve block is wearing off a bit just took a norco? andpoked some smot so I am ready for the pain. Haha I am fucking lieing this is gonna suck for a bit!

Enjoy the spring pow utah it looks all time! You can thank me for it later
    Bunny Don't Surf

Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot View Post
    +++vibes+++. just saw this thread searching for new answers. i've had this for over 20 years now. i just do the stretch/ice/ibu method when it gets painful. heat on my feet while sleeping also improves it. and pay attention to never sit with your heels touching the floor, like at an office desk, or propping your feet up while on the sofa, and while driving. i have a leg support cushion for my couch surfing that allows me to hang my feet off the end, eliminating any heel contact. good luck!

edit: and shoes. basically i am fucked for any low top sneakers any more. the rubbing kills. birkenstock cork inserts in all my shoes. birkenstocks are super comfy and relieve the stress too. i even wear them to work. with socks sometimes.
    Been dealing with mine for close to 20 years as well. Sucks immensely, but I have learned to deal with the pain and 600mg of vitamin I before each and every run. My “pump bump” on my left heel originally started from an old soccer injury. Fast fwd to today and the bottom inch of my Achilles has calcified at the insertion / attachment to heel bone. Chronic / everyday Pain has weakened my desire to run everyday and has caused a myriad of other compensation injuries. I prefer pain over being fat= only saving grace currently. My foot Dr (Christian Coetzea) says that the only real option left is to cut the Achilles off and shave off all the calcified tendon and reattach with 12 weeks of being in a boot/ no pressure. I said hell no- I’ll suffer till it goes completely then get it done. Heal up and post how your recovery goes. Prayers your way.
    "Not all who wander are lost"

Quote Originally Posted by mn_teleswede View Post
    Been dealing with mine for close to 20 years as well. Sucks immensely, but I have learned to deal with the pain and 600mg of vitamin I before each and every run. My “pump bump” on my left heel originally started from an old soccer injury. Fast fwd to today and the bottom inch of my Achilles has calcified at the insertion / attachment to heel bone. Chronic / everyday Pain has weakened my desire to run everyday and has caused a myriad of other compensation injuries. I prefer pain over being fat= only saving grace currently. My foot Dr (Christian Coetzea) says that the only real option left is to cut the Achilles off and shave off all the calcified tendon and reattach with 12 weeks of being in a boot/ no pressure. I said hell no- I’ll suffer till it goes completely then get it done. Heal up and post how your recovery goes. Prayers your way.
    I was probably one over the bars yardsale away from getting it done early via traumatic means. The slow creep of losing all the activities you love to do has been the worst I couldnt even flyfish because due to rocky river beds. The only thing left i could do was ski and even that hurt at the end. Dealing with this has really made me start feeling my age.

I really look forward to get back to trail running and skateboarding.... oh and skiing!
    Bunny Don't Surf

He gunna slice an dice the other one too?

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    He gunna slice an dice the other one too?
    Other than a small heal spur my other is gtg. My R got dicked up by breaking my heelbone on the runout from a skateboard bail in my 20s then overuse across the rough bone surface. I gave up the stuntwood a couple years ago look fwrd to get back after it
    Bunny Don't Surf

heal that heel amigo.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

I hear you about the long,slow death of being able to do what you love. I venture to guess that i am one "up hill / push off toes" trail run away from it going. I have found some relief in biking as it really stretches out my Achilles and calf muscle- i just slide my foot further on my pedal if it is too painful at the start. Not sure about you guys, but crocs and chacos have been a life saver during the summer months. Looking at transitioning from running 4-5 days a week to 2-3 and supplement with biking
    "Not all who wander are lost"

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post

Btw, why are you high risk to rupture your tendon?
    There’s probably a bunch of weird bone spurs and calcified gnarly shit in there by now.

5 day post op. Nerve block was clutch I never truly ended up in the pain cave by staying on pk cycle. Took one last night none at all today. No real pain as og yesterday. Getting eggey sitting in bed. Narcos on Netflix and the Redbull channel keeping me sane. Oh and a good bag of grass lol.
    Bunny Don't Surf

You'll probably lose muscle mass in your quads, hamstrings, butt.

I used a compex electro muscle stimulator after week 4. And i gained two inches on my upper legs

Pretty burly though. For quads, sit in a chair and you have to tie your ankles to the chair legs, otherwise the contractions are do strong that you can't keep your legs from flying forward.

Other companies make this, but mine is Compex.

Swear by it now.

I used to leg press 700 lbs, and now all i do is the compex. Yesterday recently and i still leg press 700, so it works.

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    You'll probably lose muscle mass in your quads, hamstrings, butt.

I used a compex electro muscle stimulator after week 4. And i gained two inches on my upper legs

Pretty burly though. For quads, sit in a chair and you have to tie your ankles to the chair legs, otherwise the contractions are do strong that you can't keep your legs from flying forward.

Other companies make this, but mine is Compex.

Swear by it now.

I used to leg press 700 lbs, and now all i do is the compex. Yesterday recently and i still leg press 700, so it works.

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk
    Yeah as soon as I get released to do PT Im all over it. Dr is real in the camp of take it easy gradual pt and that is after the 29th which puts that 18 days postop. Only 12 days to go!
    Bunny Don't Surf

Vibes man! Heal up. Take it easy, blood flow is low to tendons so healing is gradual!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    Vibes man! Heal up. Take it easy, blood flow is low to tendons so healing is gradual!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Thanks man and I will take it any way I can get it!
    Bunny Don't Surf

Funny you say you were one yardsale away from devastation, Fugi....I tore a piece off my calcaneous mtn biking long ago was complaining about it to my stepdad, who was an old country doctor, and he explained how the attachment on the calcaneous was like fingers the way the strands come onto the bone. He said I probably just tore one of those. He told me to just hang in there, and I did, but it was an eggbeater yardsale after landing an air at Squaw that actually cured it.

As I was flying head downhill, flipping through the tumbles, I clearly remember, while looking at the blue sky between my skis, feeling a burning twang on that heel. I was sure I ripped the whole thing off and it was retracting up my leg, so I just laid in the snow evaluating my condition. The burning sensation went away so I started moving around. I stood up and it was fine. It's never hurt since. I guess I snapped that strand that was grieving me off the bone and that was it.

Was trying to explain this problem to someone and came across this...
    https://youtu.be/LTJrQfb-ANo
    Bunny Don't Surf

Holy shit. That looks like you'd want a rather masterful surgeon for that work. Looked pretty gory at the end.

The big reveal today. Dont look if yer of the queezies
    Bunny Don't Surf

Ahhhhhhh! There heel on my heel is goneClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20190429_150511.jpeg 
Views:	38 
Size:	31.0 KB 
ID:	280599
    Bunny Don't Surf

Quote Originally Posted by TheFugitive View Post
    Ahhhhhhh! There heel on my heel is goneClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20190429_150511.jpeg 
Views:	38 
Size:	31.0 KB 
ID:	280599
    You should tattoo some shoelaces over that once it's healed. Looking good!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Saw the thumbnail. Damn that's burley. Swelling doesn't look too bad , from this pic. Hopefully that's a good sign

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app