Page 127 of 136 FirstFirst ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,175 of 3389
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Then why haven't they charged him with any sort of crime?
    SEC is civil, 5th amendment issues may apply if criminal charges are made. That is not uncommon.
    Silent....but shredly.

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post

On second glance that sure looks like a logging operation disguised as a ski area. Put in a few lifts and have the rest be tour to runs where the organic goats keep the fields down could work.

Tuckerman Ravine Trail bridge repairs, damage done by Irene is finally being started Trail detour in place. Link: http://www.wmur.com/escape-outside/t...loses/41470346
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

EAST COAST ROLL CALL #9 Find the time to ski those lines!

Quote Originally Posted by robrox View Post
    Tuckerman Ravine Trail bridge repairs, damage done by Irene is finally being started Trail detour in place. Link: http://www.wmur.com/escape-outside/t...loses/41470346

Nothing like a timely repair, eh? Gotta love stream and pond red tape. Ugh.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    Nothing like a timely repair, eh? Gotta love stream and pond red tape. Ugh.
    It's the money this time. The USFS has less funding than they need, which is why the big push for volunteers is so strong lately*. Y'all write to your US Reps and Senators.

* Problematically, more money may mean less call for volunteers and a narrowing of leeway Still, better funding because we helped may be worth keeping a recognized place at the table.
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

NEK - thanks for continuing to post your pics on here!

Does anyone have an extra pair of higher din frame binders they could let go of? Asking for a buddy.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

The skiing is an amenity to the real estate sales. It doesn't have to be real, just have the right stats. Lots of lifts, lots of skiable acres, lots of condos. The winners are cashed out before the first bull wheel turns. The locals are left to anticipate the economic BOOM....ends up being more like a fart in the wind. The whoring of our recreational resources in New England grows exponentially and benefits the super rich social elite. It's neo-liberalist development turned domestic. Banks/Developers make money, locals make beds and burgers and poverty wages for the rest of their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    I think he was inspired by what he saw happening at J and Burke... this ability to grab mega millions in easy money.
    He's "inspired" by his past life achievements, and where that got him. Very much a con man, and he knows rule #1, Use Other People's Money. At this point, he probably has stupid money flocking to him, like flies to shit.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    The skiing is an amenity to the real estate sales. It doesn't have to be real, just have the right stats. Lots of lifts, lots of skiable acres, lots of condos. The winners are cashed out before the first bull wheel turns. The locals are left to anticipate the economic BOOM....ends up being more like a fart in the wind. The whoring of our recreational resources in New England grows exponentially and benefits the super rich social elite. It's neo-liberalist development turned domestic. Banks/Developers make money, locals make beds and burgers and poverty wages for the rest of their lives.
    truth

Except those days are running out. Too much seasonal housing already. Wait until gas prices go up again. They will, its just been put off for a while.

I don't know Les personally, but his public persona I hold in very low regard.

Les is a good guy, worked for him for 7 years, had beers with him, fun guy that likes a good laugh. Always tips well and can ski.

Quote Originally Posted by Flea View Post
    Les is a good guy, worked for him for 7 years, had beers with him, fun guy that likes a good laugh. Always tips well and can ski.
    He bankrupted Killington with his bullshit, and enriched himself tremendously in the process. Fuck him and his type that destroyed many aspects of our economy with their grifting and sheer greed, with no consequences of their own.

I remember picking up the local paper in Park City in the early ninties and there was his proposal for The Canyons on the front page. He wanted to take a shut down, bankrupt ski hill and build more beds than PC had at the time. It was outrageous, but, smart, because even if he got half of what he wanted, he won. He then proceeded to siphon off most of Killington's revenue and sell millions of junk bonds to build that place in a spot that gets the least snow in all three canyons. The corporation folded from the obvious over reach, but, he became part owner of the Red Sox, he was so rich. Another reason I hate him.

This thing looks like a rerun, but mainly for the rich. I hope he has to use some of his money, but, I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    It would be a huge complex of medium vert pods.

A couple of the upper mtn pods may make for good early and late season options.
    As far as I can tell from topos and google earth, he can get maybe 1300-1400 max vert. The summit of Dixville Peak already has wind turbines on it, which limits vertical.

IMO, it seems like it's a stupid idea. Especially with the ski industry tanking and economy not really blazing. Also, it's in east bumfuck.
    They think I do not know a buttload of crap about the Gospel, but I do.

Ha everybody done got put on this earth to do what they can with what they got. His deal is his deal. Don't affect me none. Our interactions were fun and positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Grape_Ape View Post
    As far as I can tell from topos and google earth, he can get maybe 1300-1400 max vert. The summit of Dixville Peak already has wind turbines on it, which limits vertical.

IMO, it seems like it's a stupid idea. Especially with the ski industry tanking and economy not really blazing. Also, it's in east bumfuck.
    It is pretty stupid to be sure

If you ever saw The Canyons before it was The Canyons, you would think that was a stupid venture, too. But, some slick people became rich on the idea.

If you want stupid, check out what somebody wants to build around Tupper Lake in the ADK. That idea has been alive for over a dozen years. Where there's hope, there's a hustler.

If you ever saw The Canyons before it was The Canyons, you would think that was a stupid venture, too. But, some slick people became rich on the idea.
    You mean Park West? You lost me on this one Benny.

I did, I was living out there over 20 years ago. I also skied snowbasin when it was rickety double chairs and a grain silo cut in half lengthwise, flipped on it's side and declared a base lodge (New Magic Mtn take note). Lowest snowfall of tri canyons area? Duh, the Native American's from the area didn't call (what is now known as Park city), hole in the sky for nothing....

If you want stupid, check out what somebody wants to build around Tupper Lake in the ADK. That idea has been alive for over a dozen years. Where there's hope, there's a hustler.
    There's a hustler on every corner. Nothing new. Buy it or don't.

Quote Originally Posted by strawjack View Post
    Park west, Wolf mountain, Canyons, whatevs

Quote Originally Posted by strawjack View Post
    Yes, Park West. Add 150 million dollars, and, you have The Canyons.

Yes, Park West. Add 150 million dollars, and, you have The Canyons.
    How much did you have to pay to get local status there?

The newspaper was free, fuckface. I was a tourist, like everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    How much did you have to pay to get local status there?
    sig worthy

Well, I was at Snowbasin pre Olympics. That was an A frame dude. Nice try.