Page 118 of 136 FirstFirst ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,950 of 3389
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    Fucking iPhone...why are pictures sideways?
    They are normal when you open them!
    Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

189 days! Impressive for the winter that wasn't. Upper/middle looks so good, I wish I had drifted down for a visit.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    189 days! Impressive for the winter that wasn't. Upper/middle looks so good, I wish I had drifted down for a visit.
    Missed you this afternoon. The champagne was flowing. Just as we started down after last chair, the rain, thunder and lightening started.

Quote Originally Posted by FussyDutchman View Post
    Sorry to read this Vin, hope the recovery goes well and you are 100% when the snow flies.

Nice, always a great paddle up there and some damn good fishing too
    Thanks FD, should be good to go by Dec. I think. I've always wanted to fish the Missisquoi.
    fighting gravity on a daily basis

WhiteRoom Skis
    Handcrafted in Northern Vermont
    www.whiteroomcustomskis.com

Superstar is superdone and this shitty season is finally out of its misery.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Great pics of K'ton.

Here's generally how Memorial Day went in my corner of Vermont.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1464658972.095847.jpg
Views: 748
Size:  406.9 KB

Name:  ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1464658989.031703.jpg
Views: 753
Size:  410.3 KB

Name:  ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1464659002.398894.jpg
Views: 732
Size:  405.7 KB

The three days of the Annual Mount Washington Memorial Day BBQ and Slackfest a way to kick off the grieving and start the anticipation.....last ski season is dead, long live the next.

Saturday A few runs on the longest of the NNE Snow Patches and a hike to Airplane Gully for a run and back to the Patches for some grilling and chilling with friends. (longest patch, 150' Airplane close to 450' to the discontinuity, I went no further)

Sunday above the clouds in the NNE Snow Patches, took runs in all the major patches (vert range of the Patches, from North to South: 95' -105', 130' - 140', 100' - 110')

Memorial Day Monday, the Annual 10th Mountain Memorial Day Slalom on the largest remaining patch (90' - 100' vert)

The sad truth is that whine does not age well

Quote Originally Posted by robrox View Post
    The three days of the Annual Mount Washington Memorial Day BBQ and Slackfest a way to kick off the grieving and start the anticipation.....last ski season is dead, long live the next.
    Awesome, you win. Along with everybody else that was there.
    "... Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to your body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much: I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those deskbound people with their hearts in a safe deposit box and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this: you will outlive the bastards." – Edward Abbey

Support Hinterlandian backcountry skiing: wwhsta.org

Superstar still hanging in there this afternoon with a little over 450 vertical connected via two short grass skis.
    Ski there tomorrow for June bragging rights!

Mo' skimo here: NE Rando Race Series

Wonderful weather today for hiking out (via DT3 first of course) to the Jefferson Beach (~40' vert) then hitting up Airplane (~140' but *very* narrow) and Batman (~120' but a very nice ~120' as is typical for that line) on the return.

Final NE turns of the season for me:

A few more pics here:
    https://www.facebook.com/NERandoRace...56468884394357
    Mo' skimo here: NE Rando Race Series

Airplane hanging on

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan S. View Post
    ...Final NE turns of the season for me:
    The final day of the season always gets me a little. Slacking helps ease out of the season; the Slalom puts an exclamaiton point on it

Just noticed the pic of Tom EstSki on Airplane... looks like a fun time, Rob!
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    Just noticed the pic of Tom EstSki on Airplane... looks like a fun time, Rob!
    A few friends, new and old, plus a Rocket run too....so much for the boot ladder.

People still skiing. Glad to see it. A lot of grilled meats in there too. On another note...I've been mtbing a bit on the trails around the bush and I know I've seen recommended rides in here 100 times. But given the level of know in this forum and my lack of search skills can a brother get an idea of favorite recomendations? Will trade sixers, Chit. County ride knowledge, or grilled meat receipes.

You that guy from Lincoln I met the other night? Know every trail around, you looking to climb, climb or get lost climbing?
    www.apriliaforum.com

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Nope, not from Lincoln. I don't mind debilitating climbs as long as there's a prize at the end. This morning I ended up climbing, or atleast attempting to climb Cyclone due to a wrong turn. How does that climb rate on the pain spectrum of it all? Sure was a blast coming down. I was going to do gs > busternut too, but the pup was pooped (that's my story). We climbed busternut from clinic last weekend (Mrs. was pissed!) and I think gs would be a fun down hill. Clinic is nice, nice, too. You guys got it going on.

The only place in the MRV I would bring my wife to ride is Blueberry Lake. And, in my experience there are very few downhills without uphills. And, the roads can be your friend in minimizing insane, eroded uphills.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenstateofmind View Post
    Nope, not from Lincoln. I don't mind debilitating climbs as long as there's a prize at the end. This morning I ended up climbing, or atleast attempting to climb Cyclone due to a wrong turn. How does that climb rate on the pain spectrum of it all? Sure was a blast coming down.

That rates highly for sure, built as part of a loop that was never finished. Jug>Valley View 2>Finnigans would be as painful. And the full Clinic from Butternut is demoralizing for sure.
    Top of Tucker Hill to park, Over to Cyclone down, grunt up Dana hill, down Clinic to GS up, back over to Tucker hill side , up Bitterroute to Ridgie then Maple Twist back to lot.

I rode this on Saturday and felt like I did something afterwards. Ran into a nice guy in the lot after from Wilmington and his inlaws told him Tucker Hill was flat? He seemed to enjoy that climb.
    Park behind the Southface condos off the access rd. and do Noonys to Purgatory then Pusherman to High Plum back to car for some climb/tech.
    www.apriliaforum.com

Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Generalstark View Post
    The only place in the MRV I would bring my wife to ride is Blueberry Lake. And, in my experience there are very few downhills without uphills. And, the roads can be your friend in minimizing insane, eroded uphills.
    Not all downhills are created equal. There is nothing worse than climbing all day for some old rickety washed-out single track, blah! Especially after chasing the Mrs. up the climb because she's fast and ripped and I'm old and fat..It's a love/hate thing. I love it cause she rips but I hate it because it reminds me I'm old and fat.
    Thanks for the recommendations Freeheel, we got some exploring to do.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jan.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	2.06 MB 
ID:	183424

Typical water break
    Last edited by Greenstateofmind; 06-06-2016 at 12:31 PM.

Snowing on Mt Washington today. Probably getting more snow than we got in February

Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    Snowing on Mt Washington today. Probably getting more snow than we got in February
    I just took a look at this year. 67" off average. On top of that it was the warm ups that really killed us.

15-16' - Average
    October 12.1 - 17.6
    November 10.4 - 37.8
    December 29 - 45.5
    January 40.6 - 44
    February 39.2 - 40
    March 32.3 - 45
    April 33 - 35
    May 13.8 - 12.2

Totals 210.4 - 277.1

New shredder: Third time a Grandpa: Aileen Maria arrived yesterday mid afternoon. She and Daughter-in-law doing fine. Son looking a mite dazed.

New shredder: Third time a Grandpa: Aileen Maria arrived yesterday mid afternoon. She and Daughter-in-law doing fine. Son looking a mite dazed.
    Congrats!

Congrats to you and ur family
    always forward but never straight

More bodies and buddies to help you up the mountains, Rob! Congrats!