Backcountry.com Customer Account Manager

Hit me up if you have any questions about the position. Link is below.

We are actively seeking sales and account management professionals to join our Customer Account Manager team. This position requires someone who works hard, is passionate about getting outside, uses the gear we sell, is self-motivated, proactive and driven to excellence.
    In brief, you’ll build a business and establish long term customer relationships through consistent, authentic and personalized communication. You’ll make well over 80 phone calls a day; to discuss new orders, ensure proper delivery of shipments, and develop new and maintain existing customer relationships. You’ll build your persona both on and offsite; through content creation, social media, community events, trip reports, guide reviews, product & video demo’s, etc.
    To ensure our customers experience premium service, we hire the best and brightest people possible and expect them to work at a very focused and rapid pace. The advantages and rewards for success are proportionate to the effort required – in other words, we want to enable a long term career track out of being a Gearhead.

If you are someone who loves talking about the latest gear with people who share your passion, now might be a perfect time for a change. Imagine talking about your favorite subject while seated comfortably among a team of like-minded and passionate people. Now think about the great salary and excellent benefits you’ll receive while getting the immediate and long-term job satisfaction you’ve always wanted. The opportunity is here, and the time is now. If you are an expert in your field and have a passion for getting outside, we want to share that with our customers and amplify your personality throughout the shopping experience – we want to create a “mini celebrity” out of you!

http://hire.jobvite.com/CompanyJobs/...ion&j=oMKV1fwc

And I bet you get to do all that about about $15/hour and no bennies. I'm looking forward to the day when younger people wise up and stop giving away their time and talents to the outdoor sports industry. Hopefully in 5 or 10 years it just be the washed up, jaded, balding alcoholics who were cool in the 90's, still convinced they're living the dream because they get proform.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    i'm a chemically dependent functional stoner
    but the jaded and balding thing i'll cop to
    but a minnies basin ranged dressed celebrities
    gabbin about gear on a phone
    is nothing i'd ever aspire to
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

80 calls a day... put a bullet in my head.

Damn, harsh crowd

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    still convinced they're living the dream because they get proform.
    Qft, getting your bindings for cost or whatever doesn't help much with the rent / mortgage / etc

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    80 calls a day... put a bullet in my head.
    haha, that is an unbearable amount of calls, it is nearly collections level amount of calls and half of those no one answers or they hang up on you
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Training carts are for jongs. I remember back when this forum had legit bull-fighters and not a bunch of posers.

Link doesn't work something about a redirect?

Do you provide a free sat ph, so I can make/answer all calls while in the field?
    Gas card? Co vehicle?
    CC for taking clients out for a meal?

Burn n Turn

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    And I bet you get to do all that about about $15/hour and no bennies. I'm looking forward to the day when younger people wise up and stop giving away their time and talents to the outdoor sports industry. Hopefully in 5 or 10 years it just be the washed up, jaded, balding alcoholics who were cool in the 90's, still convinced they're living the dream because they get proform.
    Probably should just ignore you, but it is a good question. We do offer benefits for any full time employee, over 30 hours a week, along with a matching 401k. Comp plan is based on sales.

Quote Originally Posted by raynord22 View Post
    haha, that is an unbearable amount of calls, it is nearly collections level amount of calls and half of those no one answers or they hang up on you
    Just for clarification. That's inbound and outbound.

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    Link doesn't work something about a redirect?
    Should work, just tested, let me know if you're still having issues.

Jesus people. This is what the forum is made for - job postings. And this one actually has to do with the outdoor industry. If you want to start your own movement with the requisite number of hashtags, get to twitter asap.

#outdoorgearsalesassociateseatingdoritoslivesmatte r