Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Fargo on FX

Fargo on FX

I didnt catch the first season. Folks at work raved about first season. I was told the seasons were unrelated so it did not matter. First episode of Season 2 got my attention. Definitely going to tune in next week. The first hour was better than all of season 2 of True Detective....which isnt saying much.

There is a connection , but it's ...... complicated.

Peggy (K.Dunst) creeps the shit out of me.

Episode 1 is pretty good, Season 1 was epic, I hope it live up to it.

Mmmmm, looks like there is going to be a special on hamburger at the butcher shop.

This show is the best. I was shocked that the Coen brothers signed off on it, with only the promise from the show runners to "be true to the aesthetic" of the film. In fact, that is exactly what they've done, created an original story with original characters that all exist seamlessly in the world the Coens created years ago. The photography, production design, acting and story touches all work beautifully in that cold, stark, scary but equally hilarious way that the film did. Can't recommend this one highly enough. And yeah- season two is only loosely connected to season one, so one could easily pick up this season with no knowledge of season one. That said, season one is dope and the woman who played the protagonist (Solverson's daughter) was outstanding.

Edit: "Mmmmm, looks like there is going to be a special on hamburger at the butcher shop." Eww. That scene is still grossing me out days after watching it.

This season is every bit as solid as last season. Did they explain how Simone and Milligan started hooking up?

Sooo fucking excellent!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    Mmmmm, looks like there is going to be a special on hamburger at the butcher shop.
    I didn't think of it until now, but that scene refers to the wood chipper scene in the movie.

Hanzee FTMFW

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    This season is every bit as solid as last season. Did they explain how Simone and Milligan started hooking up?
    I don't think so, besides the fact that she hates daddy. This season is good, damn good. I think it's my new favorite show. Season 1 was also really really good. Very different feel from True Detective, but Nic Pizzolato should be taking notes - the second season of TD sucked so bad in comparison to the gem that is Fargo.
    "The world is a very puzzling place. If you're not willing to be puzzled you just become a replica of someone else's mind." Chomsky

"This system make of us slaves. Without dignity. Without depth. No? With a devil in our pocket. This incredible money in our pocket. This money. This shit. This nothing. This paper who have nothing inside." Jodorowsky

Liking this season more than #1. Malvo was an interesting character, but not very believable. Alot more going on this year.

My favorite series in recent years. Beautiful, brilliant and brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by Skistack View Post
    I didn't think of it until now, but that scene refers to the wood chipper scene in the movie.
    Do a google search and you'll see there are a couple references to season 1, every week.

Fargo is really incredible TV. Season 2 is right on par with season 1 - I dig the new cast and new storyline but still keeping with the dark, funny, twisted, violent Coen Bros style. Its up there with Breaking Bad as the best drama series I've ever seen. Writing, acting, cinematography - all damn near perfect.

Oh yeah dontchya know. I dont know who to root for, I like and dont like everyone.

Did I miss something or was this the first episode without an ET reference? Was the Jabberwocky monologue supposed to fill that?
    "The world is a very puzzling place. If you're not willing to be puzzled you just become a replica of someone else's mind." Chomsky

"This system make of us slaves. Without dignity. Without depth. No? With a devil in our pocket. This incredible money in our pocket. This money. This shit. This nothing. This paper who have nothing inside." Jodorowsky

Quote Originally Posted by Swine View Post
    Did I miss something or was this the first episode without an ET reference? Was the Jabberwocky monologue supposed to fill that?
    Are you a little bit touched?
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

This show is just killing it. Great stuff.

The interaction between Dod & Peggy in the cabin was hilarious. "She's crazy!" I was really surprised her didn't kill her.

I like the younger police officer, sorta the main character. dude had some serious balls, if it's true and all.
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    The interaction between Dod & Peggy in the cabin was hilarious. "She's crazy!" I was really surprised her didn't kill her.
    Hun, you can't stab the hostage.

Quote Originally Posted by MARSHALL TUCKER View Post
    I like the younger police officer, sorta the main character. dude had some serious balls, if it's true and all.
    Umm, about that "this story is true" line before the show starts...It's not. The Coen Bros. used the same language in the movie (no truthiness here either) and the FX creators kept going with it.

That episode was amazing. The butcher and his wife are fucking hilarious. I doubt a lot of that shit is true but it's still a damn good story.

I think satan is a woman.
    "Can't you see..."

guys, none of it is remotely true..