Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Fargo on FX

Wait ..... WWWWWWUUUUUTTTTTT?!??!?!
    Season 1 was just a variation of the movie, albeit a very, very good one; season 2 book entirely new ground and far exceeded expectations for a sophomore effort (except for the retarded flying saucer). Perhaps we should discuss this at great length while consuming a bottle of High West Double Rye .....

Fargo on FX

Yea. I guess season 2 was good but not as good as 1. The Indian guy was pretty bad ass but the ending was whack, the flying saucer was just stupid.

Great great show count me as a fan

Season 1 one of the best seasons of any show, period. Great writing, casting, acting, cinematography, score/soundtrack and so forth. Season 2 broke new ground and was a very very solid, if not spectacular, sophomore effort. Maybe Kirsten Dunst's best work.

The jury is still out on season 3, obviously. I have high hopes. LOVE Ewan MacGregor. Cinematography/sound/etc starting off just as brilliant as the previous seasons have been.

This series is gonna rank up there with Sopranos, The Wire, Breaking Bad, etc when its all said and done I bet. Its got the potential

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    The Indian guy was pretty bad ass but the ending was whack, the flying saucer was just stupid.
    Obviously, including a UFO in a true crime story makes no sense in 2017. But in 1979 there was a UFO sighting in MN involving a patrolman, which goes to show that in context it wasn't so stupid to include it in the story. I think the UFO was a well-earned device that brought the season full circle. It initiated the messy events involving Ed & Peggy and Rye's murder, which intensified the inevitable war with Kansas City, and eventually distracted Bear, resulting in the demise of the entire Gerhardt family and Lou's salvation.

Additionally, it allowed more insight into Peggy's character when she stated: "it's just a UFO Ed, we need to go." I mean, c'mon, that piece of comedy alone was worth it to show how fucking nuts she was.

IMO, Hanzee is a badass motherfucker who could see the writing on the wall for the Gerhardts and simply decided that he wasn't going down with the ship.

Season 3 is showing promise early on. I'm interested in the significance of the interrogation scene between the GDR officer and his strangling suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by kai_ski View Post
    Season 3 is showing promise early on. I'm interested in the significance of the interrogation scene between the GDR officer and his strangling suspect.
    I'm thinking this storyline may be related the background on the origins of the rare stamps.

can't wait to start binging season 3

Wife getting bored. I'm excited for what is sure to come: Violence, the unraveling of lies/schemes and acceptable justice (or revenge. I'm okay with revenge).

My wife keeps falling asleep when we try to watch it.

I'm also waiting for the violence to start.

U CALL THAT A BEATIN?!?>!?

She still had tooths in her head, fear krysake.

Seriously, this is getting tedious; I like Thewlis as the villain but jeez, get to villaining!

I blame Legion.

More humor this season. I prefer a mixture of humor and violence.

It's only funny if somebody suffers serious, graphic harm.

Did not expect Ray to get taken out by Emmitt.

Figured Ray would take out Varga's Asian goon, then the Russian and finally Varga.

That's exactly what I thought would happen. I guess it's up to the cop the fuck up the plans now

".... a humorous accident"?!?!?! Fer fucksake! Understatement when taken to the ultimate extreme results in death by entropy.
    Was hoping for asian garrotting mayhem, got UV wand waving.

Godbless english rotten teeth, especially if they manually augmented.

Loved the first 2 seasons. So far, this season has been rather forgettable.

Episode 8 was the best of the year, by far. ***SPOILER*** We got blood! Mr. Wrench is back in true form and the guy in the bowling alley was spectacular. I don't think Yuri isn't going to have a very good time for the remainder of his existence.

^ "Napkins"
    "Can't you see..."

The first 30 minutes (excellent) was almost entirely negated by the last 30 minutes. Ray Wise' spooky old jew guy is my favorite character ..... and that's not a good thing.

A lot of shout outs to Big Lebowski and the original Fargo the last few episodes

Farewell Tour? Rumor is that there may not be a 4th season.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Farewell Tour? Rumor is that there may not be a 4th season.
    Ahh don't tell me that. Curious on where you heard this? I've enjoyed every last second of this show; I can't decide which season is best.

Either way, I'll be up later than usual for tonight's finale.

Been looking forward to tonight since last wednesday night

Finale!!!

Yeah, I'm fired up.
    "Can't you see..."

Nikki orchestrated the best death so far ... the Wiley Coyote air conditioner drop. I loved the confrontation between her and Varga in the penultimate episode, and of course, the earlier bowling alley scene. I'll miss her - almost as much as I miss Lorne Malvo and Peggy.

Hoping for a 4th season.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Not happy Nikki got taken out by a random encounter with a state trooper. And WTF happened to Varga?