Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Fargo on FX

Quote Originally Posted by MARSHALL TUCKER View Post
    I think satan is a woman.
    that part might be true.

... and the flying saucer.

Pelt me with stones, but i actually feel the Flying Saucer detracted from this weeks episode.

Didja hear about the triple murder at the waffle hut?
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

... the narration was also annoying.

"Yeah, Hun, its a flying saucer. We gotta go"

The end was kind of lame, so understated. The only amusing bit was Milligan's new position in the "company". Big crime goes corporate.

I liked the dialog between Peggy and Lou on the way back to MN. Assuming they were setting up Hanzee's character for season 3, otherwise that made no sense. Glad they did not show Lou's wife passing.

Quote Originally Posted by Skistack View Post
    I liked the dialog between Peggy and Lou on the way back to MN.
    The part about the USS Kirk and the Chinook helicopter were true. It's an amazing story: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=129484369

Between a rock and a soft place. Aberdare and The Brecon Beacons, Wales
    Amazing storytelling and acting.

Better than 1 IMHO.

Season 2 was okay. I liked season 1 much better.

2 had its moments but was super slow, the UFO crap was pointless, the ending was bleh. It had potential, the butcher shop scenes were great and Hanzee was a badass but other than that I thought it pretty much sucked compared to season 1.

Hope everyone caught the Hanzee connection to season 1 and the fact that Mr Numbers and Mr Wrench were playing in the field when Hanzee was getting a new identity. Can't wait for season 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    The end was kind of lame, so understated. The only amusing bit was Milligan's new position in the "company". Big crime goes corporate.
    There's a good review on the web that talks about the allegory of small town business losing out to corporations. The Gerhardts, the KC mob, and the butcher shop. Something along those lines. Betsy's dream also references this.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Hope everyone caught the Hanzee connection to season 1 and the fact that Mr Numbers and Mr Wrench were playing in the field when Hanzee was getting a new identity. Can't wait for season 3.
    Holy shit...Great catch!

Refresh my petrified grey cells - who are Mr Numbers and Mr Wrench again??

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Refresh my petrified grey cells - who are Mr Numbers and Mr Wrench again??
    http://www.npr.org/2014/06/01/317945...e-to-be-wicked

So ..... how do we know that the kids (I'm assuming the ones playing catch, not the two thugs/bullies, since they obviously wouldn't have survived Hanzee's rigthous wrath) are Mr.'s Wrench and Numbers?? And for that matter, who the heck was the guy giving Hanzee his new identity?

It's all so fucking confusing!!

They're Numbers and Wrench because they show them signing to one another while they play catch.

Hanzee is shown in season one. He's the head honcho in Fargo, ND, where Malvo kills him and like 13 others while Key and Peele sit outside in their FBI car.

That's quite the ass on Ms Winstead.

Quote Originally Posted by Single Track View Post
    They're Numbers and Wrench because they show them signing to one another while they play catch.

Hanzee is shown in season one. He's the head honcho in Fargo, ND, where Malvo kills him and like 13 others while Key and Peele sit outside in their FBI car.
    Wow, just finished binge watched season 1 and 2 on Hulu. Best show i have seen in ages. And had no idea about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Single Track View Post

Wow, just finished binge watched season 1 and 2 on Hulu. Best show i have seen in ages. And had no idea about this.

Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    Same here. I like they way they slipped in references to other Coen Bros movies through the use of music (Big Lebow) and the one dream sequence which was right out of Raising Arizona. I bet there were other ones I missed.
    Silent....but shredly.

Moar tonight! Still blows me away that this show doesn't seem to be getting a lot of attention. I thinks it's far and away the best thing on tv in the last 3-4 years at least...

Quote Originally Posted by CelebratedSkier View Post
    Moar tonight! Still blows me away that this show doesn't seem to be getting a lot of attention. I thinks it's far and away the best thing on tv in the last 3-4 years at least...
    i am gonig to watch. getting on my trainer in an hour and need new show.

what is the name of the show. I see this guy is the host of a couple of shows.

Season 1 was awesome. Season 2.....meh
    Season 3 my hopes are up