Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Also, bring back bobby!

Is there a minimum post limit to send PMs as well? Can't seem to do that either...

Quote Originally Posted by B7J2T4 View Post
    Is there a minimum post limit to send PMs as well? Can't seem to do that either...
    Congratulations on changing your m-series license plate name to something more intelligible.

Yeahhh...figuring out how to change it took longer than I'd like to admit.

Quote Originally Posted by B7J2T4 View Post
    I haven't been able to do that either

post stoke....

Does this count? The ski video that gets me fired up everytime:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLDVBsQGzLk

Now post it the right thread....

Done!

lost my account so guess I just have to go around "contributing"

Quote Originally Posted by powder_to_the_people View Post
    I came here to find some comfort after I lost a brand new pair of 4FRNT Ravens + shifts on my very first day touring on the rig. I can't even post a review of the setup because I didn't spend enough time actually skiing on it.

Incidentally, it looks like I may be able to find a use for the single ski/single shift binding somewhere on this forum.
    You didn't go back in the summer to look for it?

You didn't post on the local papers and message boards a reward for people to look out for it, especially once the snow was gone?
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

If y'all post five really excellent memes in the NSFW thread, I'll get your posts approved immediately.

it’s all about the memes......

No blackface!

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    You didn't go back in the summer to look for it?

You didn't post on the local papers and message boards a reward for people to look out for it, especially once the snow was gone?
    I live in Seattle, and this was in Smithers, BC. In other words, a 15 hour drive. I was passing through town with a friend for some touring, haven't been back since. I posted to the local shops on the day and to the local facebook group. Haven't heard anything. My guess is that the ski flew all the way to open water (it was an icy day). We skied the whole area the next day, no luck there.

Where were ya? I can take a walk if you can pinpoint it with some accuracy.

Pow to the people is a good dude. Be nice to get his ski back.

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Need the deets soon - there is a dust on the hill today.

Quote Originally Posted by LHutz Esq View Post
    Where were ya? I can take a walk if you can pinpoint it with some accuracy.

Thanks, would be awesome if you could! Me and my buddy went up and past crater lake, to the top of Hudson bay mountain. The conditions that day were awful (super icy), so we had planned to just ski down the way we came up. At the top of the mountain, my ski popped off and flew down the Henderson couloir (still in hike mode, so the brake wasn't engaged). Because of the conditions, the fact that I was on one ski, and our lack of knowledge of the area, we decided to take the easiest and safest way back down to the car. Came back the next day to inspect the face from below with binoculars, couldn't see anything there and so skied all the way down the avalanche gully to open water, but couldn't spot it. It's a 4FRNT Raven 190 cm, with salomon shift bindings and a zag climbing skin on it. Very kind of you to offer to take a look, I would be very grateful.

Here's a google image of the top of the Hudson bay mountain, what I refer to as the Henderson couloir is looking south east on that photo (the image should already be pointing in the right direction). Please let me know if my description doesn't match up with the photo, I would hate for you to look in the wrong place!

Thank you so much.

https://www.google.com/maps/@54.8116666,-127.3397221,3a,75y,156.06h,71.4t/data=!3m8!1e1!3m6!1sAF1QipPah7f81WzPwM5f8HD0eiWlq6 oFx2No6MJg8tTe!2e10!3e11!6shttps:%2F%2Flh5.googleu sercontent.com%2Fp%2FAF1QipPah7f81WzPwM5f8HD0eiWlq 6oFx2No6MJg8tTe%3Dw203-h100-k-no-pi-0-ya77.99999-ro-0-fo100!7i7168!8i3584

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Pow to the people is a good dude. Be nice to get his ski back.

Thanks mate. Finding that ski would generate a lot of stoke .

Quote Originally Posted by powder_to_the_people View Post
    Thanks, would be awesome if you could! Me and my buddy went up and past crater lake, to the top of Hudson bay mountain. The conditions that day were awful (super icy), so we had planned to just ski down the way we came up. At the top of the mountain, my ski popped off and flew down the Henderson couloir (still in hike mode, so the brake wasn't engaged). Because of the conditions, the fact that I was on one ski, and our lack of knowledge of the area, we decided to take the easiest and safest way back down to the car. Came back the next day to inspect the face from below with binoculars, couldn't see anything there and so skied all the way down the avalanche gully to open water, but couldn't spot it. It's a 4FRNT Raven 190 cm, with salomon shift bindings and a zag climbing skin on it. Very kind of you to offer to take a look, I would be very grateful.

Here's a google image of the top of the Hudson bay mountain, what I refer to as the Henderson couloir is looking south east on that photo (the image should already be pointing in the right direction). Please let me know if my description doesn't match up with the photo, I would hate for you to look in the wrong place!

Thank you so much.

https://www.google.com/maps/@54.8116666,-127.3397221,3a,75y,156.06h,71.4t/data=!3m8!1e1!3m6!1sAF1QipPah7f81WzPwM5f8HD0eiWlq6 oFx2No6MJg8tTe!2e10!3e11!6shttps:%2F%2Flh5.googleu sercontent.com%2Fp%2FAF1QipPah7f81WzPwM5f8HD0eiWlq 6oFx2No6MJg8tTe%3Dw203-h100-k-no-pi-0-ya77.99999-ro-0-fo100!7i7168!8i3584

I am having trouble getting the link to work- maybe shoot a couple screen shots my way- I think I know where you lost it- but with the snow closer would be better.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Looks awesome up there. 360 degrees of looong laps

I am having trouble getting the link to work- maybe shoot a couple screen shots my way- I think I know where you lost it- but with the snow closer would be better.

Here, does this help? The gully right in the middle of the picture, circled in white. I was more or less at the top of it, slightly on skier's left of the top, and the ski flew down there. Let me know if you need more information/if this isn't clear!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2019-09-24 at 22.55.20.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	855.9 KB 
ID:	295215  

Need permission to post to Gear Swap

Nope - perfect There is a Northern bc stoke thread (it’s a few years old but serves our purposes) - did you post it there?

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...ditions/page56

Last edited by LHutz Esq; 09-25-2019 at 12:09 PM.

Nope - perfect There is a Northern bc stoke thread (it’s a few years old but serves our purposes) - did you post it there?

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...ditions/page56

OK great. Let me know if you get a chance to go take a look. Again, thanks a bunch.

Did not know about this Northern BC thread, I will post it there now!