Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
    If you need any assistance with the permission system please let me know Im well versed with forum software.
    I'm trying to respond to a post in gear swap to buy some boots but I don't have the permissions. Do you know how to fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by Justin.Gough View Post
    I'm trying to respond to a post in gear swap to buy some boots but I don't have the permissions. Do you know how to fix this?
    Pm username Rontele and ask him nicely

upping post count

please ignore

I have the same issue if anyone wants to show some kindness and grant me access to PM and reply to posts that would be swell. =)

Quote Originally Posted by markcp View Post
    I have the same issue if anyone wants to show some kindness and grant me access to PM and reply to posts that would be swell. =)
    Picture of your wife/GF’s tits or get the fuck off

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

No new thread

I just cant start any new thread in generel. How do I get approved for this? Sorry to use this thread, but I obviously cant create my own

Quote Originally Posted by sirius View Post
    I just cant start any new thread in generel. How do I get approved for this? Sorry to use this thread, but I obviously cant create my own
    you need something like 5 posts. you have 2. just make some more posts.

Alright, thank you.
    In my search for an admin that could activate my user (as I thought they needed to do it) I found a way to crash the forum. It works every time and is a build in feature of bullentin. I will not write it here but if an admin could PM me I could respond him with the bug

Quote Originally Posted by sirius View Post
    Alright, thank you.
    In my search for an admin that could activate my user (as I thought they needed to do it) I found a way to crash the forum. It works every time and is a build in feature of bullentin. I will not write it here but if an admin could PM me I could respond him with the bug
    best to message Tye1on... I’m a mod here also fwiw. I’ll raise this with the team.

I wrote a PM to you as I'm unsure where I could find a link to Tye1on. Can you confirm you got the message?

Got it, and shared w/the mod/admin team. Thank you!

upping the post count

Need to post

Please let me message

I also find the system confusing. I'm a real person who got into BC from a friend, and my friend recommended TGR (and has been a member for years). Being able to actually USE TGR for buying gear, however, is very mysterious.

Quote Originally Posted by conradical View Post
    Being able to actually USE TGR for buying gear, however, is very mysterious.
    It's not mysterious at all.
    It's a community, and pricing is meant to benefit contributing members, not outsiders who are just looking for a deal.
    So, go to the general forum, look for whatever regional thread is approps and post some stoke, participate, be a member instead of "using" TGR to buy gear - wtf...

This isn't craigslist...

Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    It's not mysterious at all.
    It's a community, and pricing is meant to benefit contributing members, not outsiders who are just looking for a deal.

This isn't craigslist...
    Fair enough. Seems to me that fluff posts is a very 1998 way of gatekeeping newcomers. Either do it right, or don't do it, but let's not pretend that suddenly someone is contributing after ten posts!

Quote Originally Posted by conradical View Post
    Fair enough. Seems to me that fluff posts is a very 1998 way of gatekeeping newcomers. Either do it right, or don't do it, but let's not pretend that suddenly someone is contributing after ten posts!
    Hey, who's the asshat who wants something here?
    Contribute or fuck off.

Hey, who's the asshat who wants something here?
    Contribute or fuck off.
    Wow, touchy group.

Agree, contribute! Hence, equating "contributions" = post count is very silly. Calling that "contributing" is also silly.

Also, just a thought about microeconomics: the word "want" isn't dirty. Remember that every buyer is matched with a seller, who also wants something.

There's zero purpose for TGR gear boards unless there are buyers to balance sellers.

Hey, look! I'm contributing!

So, go to the general forum, look for whatever regional thread is approps and post some stoke, participate, be a member instead of "using" TGR to buy gear - wtf...

This isn't craigslist...
    Agree that this is a great way to do it, unfortunately, the forum has no way to introduce people to this.

The forum needs this message:

"Hi! Welcome to TGR. We are a very tight group, and we like to keep our gear threads to those who we know well.

To be approved for buy/sell, engage on the forums, post about your trips, and at some point, you will be approved.

Please note that it's not a numbers game. Approval may take a week, or five months. Be patient.

If you aren't okay with this, then in the words of ACH, our ambassador, "fuck off".

--> again, I'm agreeing with your suggestions, and just disagreeing with the mechanics of how things are set up now. having a minimum post count seems to be the current requirement, and that's just dumb.

Was PM functionality disables too with no posts? I bought a couple things (dope crochet hats) a year or so ago and can see my old messages but have no ability to create new ones.

Also upping my post count..

Same issue, would like to post WTB for some AT boots

Also I'm a Wolf Creek local if anyone can point me to regional posts or folks from my area. Thanks!

So do I have to get my post count up to reply/start a new thread? I have emailed them twice about it and have gotten no response

Quote Originally Posted by Cladragon04 View Post
    So do I have to get my post count up to reply/start a new thread? I have emailed them twice about it and have gotten no response
    yeah you gotta make 5 posts

Looking to get permission for gear swap

Trying to get my count up so I can buy some second hand skis from gear swap

I came here to find some comfort after I lost a brand new pair of 4FRNT Ravens + shifts on my very first day touring on the rig. I can't even post a review of the setup because I didn't spend enough time actually skiing on it.

Incidentally, it looks like I may be able to find a use for the single ski/single shift binding somewhere on this forum.
    Last edited by powder_to_the_people; 09-17-2019 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Grammar