Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

I've never seen asian fit helmets before

was just perusing smith optic website for winter stuff and noticed "asian fit" helmets, which I have never seen before

it doesn't look like they are smaller either- the size measurements look the same between the regular/ asian fits

what is the difference -anyone know?

I should probably know this but I got nothing
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Asians typically have rounder heads and are flatter between the eyes. (My daughter is Chinese.) She wears Asian fit goggles, and even those I modified with some extra foam so there'd be no gap. Helmets haven't been as big a deal, but like everybody, you need to try on helmets, and that's what she's done.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

a-ha that makes sense and probably not a bad idea for smith to have a few different shapes in the repertoire
    it's weird that they don't differentiate on how the shape is different though- same exact wording for both helmets
    Thanks plugb

It's been pretty common for a while now. Oakley has the same.

Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

^^ POTD - great call there.

I chuckled at those photos. Place I used to teach at is notorious for Asian customers from the Bay Area and Sacramento. I've seen it all.

I'd definitely seen (and sold) Asian-fit goggles, but I was unaware that helmets were designed with Asian fit in mind too. Cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

don't foget the right cala, AZN want something rook good with yellow skin!
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    don't foget the right cala, AZN want something rook good with yellow skin!
    Yerrow.

Duh

The racist POS in me was looking for boots on the wrong feet. He let me down
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

I know a certain member here who ranted about how racist asian fit googles were until one day he bought some and said "its still racist but they do fit better."
    Quote Originally Posted by twodogs View Post
    Hey Phill, why don't you post your tax returns, here on TGR, asshole. And your birth certificate.

First Asian-fit condoms, now helmets eh.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    My helmet fits hot Asian chicks.
    FIFY
    "Those 1%ers are not an avaricious "them" but in reality the most entrepreneurial of "us". If we had more of them and fewer grandstanding politicians, we would all be better off."
    - Bradley Schiller, Prof. of Economics, Univ. Nevada - Reno.

Mine too
    watch out for snakes

The Asian fit helmets match up with the Asian fit goggles. Asian privilege?

I wear Asian fit Smiths and though it makes a significant difference, I’m still looking for a way to improve my ability to breath. The sides of where the goggle rests on the bridge of my nose collapse my airways.

With way more than a dozen nose breaks that I had set the first few times until I realized you can do it on your own. I finally had a Rhinoplasty about 15 years ago with relocated cartilage to rebuild the top and forward part of the bridge. The cartilage was harvested from the sides of the bridge and this is where the goggles collapse the airway and makes me a mouth breather. A helmet just compounds the problem as it rides forward and pushes down on the top of the goggle when in a good posture.

I did a year with a Zeal and the owners (before they sold) tried to be helpful with some suggestions and some free parts. I was able to build up the padding to the point the goggle doesn’t touch my nose at all but, wind and weather are free to make my eyes water to the point I can’t see.

Anyone else experience a similar problem? What have you done to solve it?

You don’t have the problem but you have some good ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post

I didn't know Iceman was asian
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

I have a severely deviated septum from a bad nose break couple years ago. I just breathe through my mouth because my nose runs so bad when its under 40 degrees outside that I can't breathe through it anyway. It's good to know that the surgery didn't fix your breathing problem. That'll save me some money. I do still try to breathe through my nose so I understand exactly where you're coming from. I'm always pushing my goggles and helmet up to try and relieve the pressure on the bridge of my nose but to no avail.

Partially choking definitely slows me down, even if it is a fad.

85% inclusion on the deviated septum. Repairing on your own isn't such a good idea after all.

I use nose strips, but I would love to create a snapped on dillymaggig

1 of the big 5?6? should go with a retro classic style, like the very old bolle - Killy - early Tomba era.
    I realize making lenses on a multidimensional plane is easier without a big cavity in it. But It could take off

How about as a learning tool = create the bridge so you can't see your skis. Less is more...

still workin on it.
    ​I am not in your hurry

you guys are bad ass with all your broken noses!

I've never broken my nose but definitely feel that my helmet/goggles press down and inhibit my nose breathing sometimes too. hate that- would stink to have it all the time

Scissors!

Quote Originally Posted by Gepeto View Post
    ...I’m still looking for a way to improve my ability to breath.
    Just cut away/shape little bits of the Nose Foam until it is a comfy fit (goggles would rest on your cheeks instead of your nose.)
    Have you tried the Smith I/O's?
    I have some Turbo Fan ones, but they are so well ventilated, that I rarely use the fan (yeah, not same problem, but might well help)

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

The asain I/OX with the fan is my setup.

All the carving on the zeal taught me to not mess with a good thing. Carving the foam away just makes the frame ride lower and lower on the cheekbone until there is nothing but polymer frame and you have destroyed the seal. I trimmed away the top of the goggle frame to half the original profile and the frame is solely supported by cheekbones with the bridge completely suspended. It it weren't suspended then it can't take any compression. In its present configuration it just passes to much air on the non-RayBan days.

I do have a non-fan I/OX In black I could carve up, but it's not asian fit, so that's going backwards.

Just sayin that the old bolle was the perfect tool for the disability. I actually still have the frame but, the lenses are non-existent
    ​I am not in your hurry

Quote Originally Posted by baby bear View Post
    you guys are bad ass
    Don't think a small portion of it wasn't pure stupidity and fair amount just plain dumb.
    Frontal impact with just about any helmet will get you a broken nose. the more mass the merrier.
    ​I am not in your hurry