Page 221 of 304 FirstFirst ... 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 ... LastLast
Results 5,501 to 5,525 of 7597

Thread: Watcha cookin'?

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    DO NOT grind them up and rub them on your cock. PM Rontele for details
    I question your commitment to Sparkle Motion.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    A ziplock filed with water works in a pinch too.
    Sanitize this (or rocks or glass) before with a product called StarSan which you can get from a homebrew supply store

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Currently one of my favorite things to do is roast vegetables, specifically beets. I don’t even peel them…just wash, cut them up into cubes, slather in olive oil and truffle salt, a tiny bit of balsamic, and into the toaster oven they go. I like to add mushrooms, broccoli, and peppers - mostly peppers. It’s sooo good coming out of the oven. Serve with a can of sardines or mackerel in olive oil for a healthy meal full of all the good shit we should all be eating all the time. I’ve never felt better.

Quote Originally Posted by divegirl View Post
    Currently one of my favorite things to do is roast vegetables, specifically beets. I don’t even peel them…just wash, cut them up into cubes, slather in olive oil and truffle salt, a tiny bit of balsamic, and into the toaster oven they go. I like to add mushrooms, broccoli, and peppers - mostly peppers. It’s sooo good coming out of the oven. Serve with a can of sardines or mackerel in olive oil for a healthy meal full of all the good shit we should all be eating all the time. I’ve never felt better.
    Ah man, I was all in until you got to the can of sardines.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    I question your commitment to Sparkle Motion.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    LOL, she lost me at beets. Tonight I am making the best Turkey meatball spaghetti ever. A family favorite. https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipe...oom_meatballs/
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Beets and sardines seem like an odd combination. Not opposed to trying it though.
    Roasted beets with salt, a little oil and various vinegars is a pretty common fall meal for me.

Yeah, but beets make you shit in glorious colors. What's not to like?
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

beets? whats not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    Yeah, but beets make you shit in glorious colors. What's not to like?
    I do appreciate the occasional colon cancer scare

Grabbed this 2” thick, 2lb ribeye on manager’s special for $18. Made for one hell of a steak
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	75E0139E-ADA6-48FB-B4FE-A0F0FC2A724D.jpeg 
Views:	87 
Size:	706.4 KB 
ID:	388978
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeStrummer
    The universe that is a vehicle is a funny and delicate thing. I fucked my wife in the back seat of our Saab in the parking lot before a Social D / Superchunk show at Red Rocks. After that the radio never worked again.

^^^ Dang!
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Thanks for the fermentation tips folks.

Crock that is perfectly cooked, congrats on the score!

Quote Originally Posted by Crock View Post
    Grabbed this 2” thick, 2lb ribeye on manager’s special for $18. Made for one hell of a steak

Name:	75E0139E-ADA6-48FB-B4FE-A0F0FC2A724D.jpeg 
Views:	87 
Size:	706.4 KB 
ID:	388978
    #winning

For fermentation we use these:

Soligt weight and a lid that allows gas release (and you can mark when you put things in the jar). They fit wide mouth Mason jars. Kimchi, sauerkraut, hot sauce, so good and really easy to make.

We also like the roasted veggie dinners, just some drizzled olive oil and herbs, quick, easy and delicious.

And don't give up on the sardines! A good can of sardines in spicy olive oil may convert you.

Vollkorn Brot mit nuss ... Whole grain bread with hazelnuts, linseed, pumpkin seed, sesame, almonds, chia and sunflower seeds.

Name:	E82B4968-033A-4FD0-A7C3-B8742F4B119E.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	919.2 KB 
ID:	389190
    Last edited by schindlerpiste; 10-15-2021 at 07:35 PM.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Fofo View Post
    And don't give up on the sardines! A good can of sardines in spicy olive oil may convert you.
    Lots of brands are absolutely terrible. King Oscar are good, and my absolute favorite are Trader Joe's house brand in the purple can.

On steaks like the one above, are you guys eating all the fat?

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    You have to if you want the shirt

Name:  61BYQhSyNEL._AC_UX385_.jpeg
Views: 361
Size:  11.4 KB

"If I can get a dessert down him, think you can throw in a couple Paul Bunyan hats for the kids?" That is the exact scene that comes to mind.

The fat is what makes a ribeye so good. I do leave the gristle though.

For the Paella crew. Are you using saffron? We have this awesome yellow rice here from a local importer that has the saffron included. It is from Vigo Importers. No clue if it is available in other areas.
    I find Paella super easy. Brown the chicken and sausage (usually Chorizo) and then add rice and water, top with red peppers and then into the oven or grill at about 450. Not sure on the timing. Usually a 6th sense tells me to check it. Kinda hard to screw it up. If it cooks a bit too long, you get some really crisp rice on the bottom, which is a bonus for me. Top with frozen peas and lemon slices and let it sit covered for a bit.
    I just got a new 15" paella pan that I have yet to try out. Kinda wishing I got the 16.5", but I am pretty excited to see if it works better. I had been using a large Le Creuset Braiser.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Lots of brands are absolutely terrible. King Oscar are good, and my absolute favorite are Trader Joe's house brand in the purple can.
    My FIL, from the Isle of Man, likes King Oscar. Especially the kipper snacks. I'll do sardines, but kipper snacks smell too horrid to be edible.

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    The fat is what makes a ribeye so good. I do leave the gristle though.

For the Paella crew. Are you using saffron? We have this awesome yellow rice here from a local importer that has the saffron included. It is from Vigo Importers. No clue if it is available in other areas.
    I find Paella super easy. Brown the chicken and sausage (usually Chorizo) and then add rice and water, top with red peppers and then into the oven or grill at about 450. Not sure on the timing. Usually a 6th sense tells me to check it. Kinda hard to screw it up. If it cooks a bit too long, you get some really crisp rice on the bottom, which is a bonus for me. Top with frozen peas and lemon slices and let it sit covered for a bit.
    I just got a new 15" paella pan that I have yet to try out. Kinda wishing I got the 16.5", but I am pretty excited to see if it works better. I had been using a large Le Creuset Braiser.
    You gotta have a real pan. And you gotta infuse the saffron yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Yer goddam right, I am.

Round 2 of hatch Chili’s from the garden, let a couple get red. Going into a chorizo queso fundido on the grill in a bit.

Name:	Image1634417733.470806.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	280.4 KB 
ID:	389234

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums