Page 123 of 304 FirstFirst ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,075 of 7597

Thread: Watcha cookin'?

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    Yummmmm

But thighs please.
    you forgot to call me.
    D'oh! Another time perhaps in the meantime there's the recipe up-thread have at it and yes you can make it with thighs if you so desire.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

TY. Wouldn't be the first time I've driven hours for dinner.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by japanada View Post
    Venison and sausage lasagna. Food coma in a few minutes
    holy. crap.

That looks amazing. Stopped me in my tracks. I'm .. uh 'restocked' on venison, will try. What recipe, if it's not too bold of me to ask?

Very interested in that meself.

TY. Wouldn't be the first time I've driven hours for dinner.....
    Hours and hours and hours.........

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleOfNight View Post
    holy. crap.

That looks amazing. Stopped me in my tracks. I'm .. uh 'restocked' on venison, will try. What recipe, if it's not too bold of me to ask?
    Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
    Very interested in that meself.
    I don't know what he used but this recipe from Buck, Buck Moose looks pretty good:

VENISON LASAGNA
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    yup.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

I don't know what he used but this recipe from Buck, Buck Moose looks pretty good

Yea, I know that one. Love the book.

But his looked .. exquisite.

I don't know what he used but this recipe from Buck, Buck Moose looks pretty good:

VENISON LASAGNA
    Thx KQ. Wasn’t aware of that series of books.

finally cooled off here, so I'm moving into the cool season repertoire. DIY chicken pot pie topped with buttermilk biscuit dough going into the dutch oven tonight. Photos to follow.

I'm cooking a simple chicken.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191103_111848.jpeg 
Views:	87 
Size:	54.7 KB 
ID:	300741
    Trying out a bacon wrapped pork tenderloin in the slow cooker

need to see the after shot before passing judgement....

There's a crockpot thread around here somewhere for those who choose to use such an abomination, but this thread is for actually cooking.

6789Name:  20191102_200020-01.jpeg
Views: 443
Size:  160.1 KB
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

o yeah ^
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    There's a crockpot thread around here somewhere for those who choose to use such an abomination, but this thread is for actually cooking.
    I am not a crock pot hater, can be used as another tool to braise, etc. but, not sure of any advantage to cooking a very lean piece such as a loin.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Tastes great. Guess I lost cool points, but I'll survive.

Name:	20191103_163903.jpeg 
Views:	70 
Size:	70.0 KB 
ID:	300819

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Tastes great. Guess I lost cool points, but I'll survive.

Name:	20191103_163903.jpeg 
Views:	70 
Size:	70.0 KB 
ID:	300819
    Didn’t lose any points here. Did you brown it first, just curious? How long in the cooker? Did you add any liquid?
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    Didn’t lose any points here. Did you brown it first, just curious? How long in the cooker? Did you add any liquid?
    No liquid added, no browning. I usually might, but i got too caught up in whether I should wrap and brown or brown and wrap, then figured the bacon would keep it from drying out and give it the crust (a mostly correct assumption). A little over 3 hrs in cooker on low but interior still got up to 170. Didn't dry out but next time I'd take 30 minutes off. Then a few minutes under the broiler to crisp up bacon.

approved.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    No liquid added, no browning. I usually might, but i got too caught up in whether I should wrap and brown or brown and wrap, then figured the bacon would keep it from drying out and give it the crust (a mostly correct assumption). A little over 3 hrs in cooker on low but interior still got up to 170. Didn't dry out but next time I'd take 30 minutes off. Then a few minutes under the broiler to crisp up bacon.
    Invite me. I do like a good grease fire.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Invite me. I do like a good grease fire.
    Not top rack just in case, but yeah that was a concern.

Going to make this tonight. Great Butternut dish with wonderful Fall flavors. A bit of work but well worth it.

Name:  BNSR.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  19.4 KB

BUTTERNUT SQUASH RISOTTO WITH SPINACH AND TOASTED PINE NUTS
    Serves 4 as a main course or 6 as a first course.

WHY THIS RECIPE WORKS:
    To perfect our butternut squash risotto recipe, we concentrated on developing the squash flavor. First, we diced and sautéed the squash to bring out its flavor. Next, we found that adding the squash in two stages, half with the toasted rice and half just before serving, gave us great squash flavor and preserved its delicate texture. Finally, we sautéed the flavorful squash seeds and fibers in the pan, then steeped them in chicken broth before straining the liquid to use for cooking the rice in our butternut squash risotto recipe.
    Infusing the chicken broth with the squash's seeds and fibers helps to reinforce the earthy squash flavor. We found that a 2-pound squash consistently yields a cup or so more than the 3 1/2 cups in step 1; this can be added to the skillet along with the squash scrapings in step 2. To make this dish vegetarian, vegetable broth can be used instead of chicken broth, but the resulting risotto will have more pronounced sweetness.

INGREDIENTS
    • 2tablespoons olive oil , plus 1 teaspoon
    • 1 butternut squash (medium, about 2 pounds), peeled, seeded (fibers and seeds reserved), and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 3 1/2 cups)
    • 3/4 teaspoon table salt
    • 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
    • 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
    • 1 cup water
    • 4 ounces baby spinach
    • 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
    • 2 small onions , chopped very fine (about 1 1/2 cups)
    • 2 medium cloves garlic , minced or pressed through a garlic press (about 2 teaspoons)
    • 2 cups Arborio rice
    • 1 1/2 cups dry white wine
    • 1 1/2 ounces grated Parmesan cheese (about 3/4 cup)
    • 2 tablespoons minced fresh sage leaves
    • 1/4 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
    • 1/4 cup pine nuts , toasted in small, dry skillet over medium heat until golden and fragrant, about 5 minutes

INSTRUCTIONS
    1. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering but not smoking. Add about 3 1/2 cups squash in even layer and cook without stirring until golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes; stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until squash is tender and browned, about 5 minutes longer. Transfer squash to bowl and set aside.

2. Return skillet to medium heat; add reserved squash fibers and seeds and any leftover diced squash. Cook, stirring frequently to break up fibers, until lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Transfer to large saucepan and add chicken broth and water; cover saucepan and bring mixture to simmer over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low to maintain bare simmer.

3. While broth mixture is simmering, add 1 teaspoon olive oil to now-empty skillet and swirl to coat. Add 4 ounces baby spinach and cook, covered, over medium heat, until leaves begin to wilt, about 2 minutes. Uncover and cook, stirring constantly, until fully wilted, about 30 seconds. Transfer spinach to mesh strainer; set aside.

4. Melt 3 tablespoons butter in now-empty skillet over medium heat; when foaming subsides, add onions, garlic, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are softened, 4 to 5 minutes. Add rice to skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until grains are translucent around edges, about 3 minutes. Add wine and cook, stirring frequently, until fully absorbed, 4 to 5 minutes.

5. Meanwhile, strain hot broth through fine-mesh strainer into medium bowl, pressing on solids to extract as much liquid as possible. Return strained broth to saucepan and discard solids in strainer; cover saucepan and set over low heat to keep broth hot.

6. When wine is fully absorbed, add 3 cups hot broth and half of reserved squash to rice. Simmer, stirring every 3 to 4 minutes, until liquid is absorbed and bottom of pan is almost dry, about 12 minutes.

7. Stir in about 1/2 cup hot broth and cook, stirring constantly, until absorbed, about 3 minutes; repeat with additional broth 2 or 3 more times, until rice is al dente. Off heat, stir in remaining 1 tablespoon butter, Parmesan, sage, and nutmeg; drain excess liquid from spinach and gently fold in spinach and remaining cooked squash. If desired, add up to 1/4 cup additional hot broth to loosen texture of risotto. Top individual servings of risotto with toasted pine nuts; serve immediately.

Getting ready for the season with lozenges. Made some Chamomile Lemon and some Honey Lemon & Spice (Ginger, Cinnamon, Clove...) Boosting the good ol’ immune system so I can fight off the world like a super hero.

Name:	IMG_4784.JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	661.6 KB 
ID:	300941

Name:	IMG_4800.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	780.6 KB 
ID:	300942

Quote Originally Posted by mrswhyturn View Post
    Getting ready for the season with lozenges. Made some Chamomile Lemon and some Honey Lemon & Spice (Ginger, Cinnamon, Clove...) Boosting the good ol’ immune system so I can fight off the world like a super hero.

Name:	IMG_4784.JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	661.6 KB 
ID:	300941

Name:	IMG_4800.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	780.6 KB 
ID:	300942
    Those look awesome, now add THC and CBD and you got a winner!