Page 133 of 138 FirstFirst ... 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,325 of 3444

Thread: Watcha cookin'?

  1. #3301
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    8530' MST/200' EST
    Posts
    2,685
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Did you go and get married again???

    Someone gave us that same mixer because it was missing the plastic knob for speed control. Now I need accessories. Reccs? Brand? Or no-name? I want a meat grinder. Pasta maker would be nice.
    How much meat are you planning to grind? Great for small qty home projects, but Iíve done about 30 lbs of Elk through one and am much happier with my dedicated grinder. Weíve got a no name Chinese knockoff pasta maker and cutter attachment which works great. I want to get the zoodler attachment next. Iíve also been meaning to get the rubber edged mixing paddle.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

  2. #3302
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    livin the dream
    Posts
    3,688
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Did you go and get married again???

    Someone gave us that same mixer because it was missing the plastic knob for speed control. Now I need accessories. Reccs? Brand? Or no-name? I want a meat grinder. Pasta maker would be nice.
    Meat grinder / sausage stuffer combo kit is great to get started in the cased meat game but you will want a dedicated grinder and stuffer later.

    Old school Hand crank pasta maker is just as good as kitchen aide... and more fun...

    I guess what I am getting at is the dedicated devices are obviously better than the kitchenaid attachment stuff, so if itís cheaper and a once a year item, buy the kitchenaid attachment. If you are going to use it often, better buying a dedicated piece...


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

  3. #3303
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    9,835
    Re: attachments, infrequent use for light jobs. I've priced electric stand alones. My sister has one in Germany that is the bomb, however they don't sell it here. I didn't like the quality of the ones for sale here. A mixer attachment would be fine for a lb or two every few weeks. I have no desire to fill links. As fun as it sounds, I probably won't get a pasta attachment for a long time.

  4. #3304
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    8530' MST/200' EST
    Posts
    2,685
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1578798829.764008.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	371.4 KB 
ID:	310242

    Venison Moussaka from Jesse Griffiths (Dia Due) Afield game cookbook. Amazing.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

  5. #3305
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Fraggle Rock, CO
    Posts
    5,790
    Enchiladas

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200111_185502-01.jpeg 
Views:	61 
Size:	217.2 KB 
ID:	310247
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

  6. #3306
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    1,160
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Did you go and get married again???

    Someone gave us that same mixer because it was missing the plastic knob for speed control. Now I need accessories. Reccs? Brand? Or no-name? I want a meat grinder. Pasta maker would be nice.
    I did.

    All the attachments are from KitchenAid that I have. The best is the batter mixer with the silicon blade on it.

    Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

  7. #3307
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    1,160
    Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    Meat grinder / sausage stuffer combo kit is great to get started in the cased meat game but you will want a dedicated grinder and stuffer later.

    Old school Hand crank pasta maker is just as good as kitchen aide... and more fun...

    I guess what I am getting at is the dedicated devices are obviously better than the kitchenaid attachment stuff, so if itís cheaper and a once a year item, buy the kitchenaid attachment. If you are going to use it often, better buying a dedicated piece...


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    And slower. I made like 4 lb of pasta. That would have been NOT fun

    Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

  8. #3308
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Granite, UT
    Posts
    780
    Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    How much meat are you planning to grind? Great for small qty home projects, but Iíve done about 30 lbs of Elk through one and am much happier with my dedicated grinder. Weíve got a no name Chinese knockoff pasta maker and cutter attachment which works great. I want to get the zoodler attachment next. Iíve also been meaning to get the rubber edged mixing paddle.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Get the knockoff rubber paddle with the fins in the rubber. It works soooooo much better. Also - the cheese grater is tits.

  9. #3309
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    slc
    Posts
    11,551
    Prime strip, chimichurri, roasted taters and a nice little salad for the Stupor Bowl. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200202_170111.jpeg 
Views:	67 
Size:	154.8 KB 
ID:	313642

  10. #3310
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Fraggle Rock, CO
    Posts
    5,790
    Enchiladas

    Name:  20200203_193940-01.jpeg
Views: 312
Size:  83.3 KB
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

  11. #3311
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,222
    Sausage and white bean gnocchi

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200206_174810.jpeg 
Views:	97 
Size:	78.6 KB 
ID:	314333

  12. #3312
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bottom feeding
    Posts
    7,715
    Seared salmon, hash browns
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2064.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	267.9 KB 
ID:	314350
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

  13. #3313
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Vil
    Posts
    651
    Made some venison shepards pieName:  IMG_20200208_173546_01.jpeg
Views: 293
Size:  94.0 KB

    Sent from my SM-G973U using TGR Forums mobile app

  14. #3314
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Central OR
    Posts
    5,165
    ^^^ Oh Damn that looks good...

  15. #3315
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    写道
    Posts
    11,710
    Made chicken paella last week.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200203_183302.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	314643  
    °”rale, vato!

  16. #3316
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    11,733
    Giving my first shot at tacos Al pastor at home. Meat is marinating now. Will try to post pics.

    Going with the stacked meat on skewers method in oven.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app
    http://www.firsttracksonline.com

    I wish i could be like SkiFishBum

  17. #3317
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Bellevue
    Posts
    5,294
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Sausage and white bean gnocchi

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200206_174810.jpeg 
Views:	97 
Size:	78.6 KB 
ID:	314333
    Tell me more about this please

  18. #3318
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,222
    Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Tell me more about this please
    https://www.chelseasmessyapron.com/o...ontainer-17735
    But with crushed tomatoes/sauce instead of diced, which is why it looks more pasta-bakey than her pictures.

    Quick, easy, tasty

  19. #3319
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    11,733
    Al pastor Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200216_182337.jpeg 
Views:	74 
Size:	102.4 KB 
ID:	316064

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app
    http://www.firsttracksonline.com

    I wish i could be like SkiFishBum

  20. #3320
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Fraggle Rock, CO
    Posts
    5,790
    Holy. Shit.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

  21. #3321
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    8530' MST/200' EST
    Posts
    2,685
    Quote Originally Posted by japanada View Post
    Made some venison shepards pieName:  IMG_20200208_173546_01.jpeg
Views: 293
Size:  94.0 KB

    Sent from my SM-G973U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Send recipe! Weíve got a good thread going on the fall days afield with recipes and success pictures.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

  22. #3322
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    livin the dream
    Posts
    3,688
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Al pastor Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200216_182337.jpeg 
Views:	74 
Size:	102.4 KB 
ID:	316064

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Looks good. Post a taco pic.

    I want to do al pastor on a horizontal weber rotisserie (in lieu of an autodoner). Do you think itís possible?


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

  23. #3323
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    11,733
    Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    Looks good. Post a taco pic.

    I want to do al pastor on a horizontal weber rotisserie (in lieu of an autodoner). Do you think itís possible?


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Depending on your cut size I'd say yes if you can really press the meat and keep it together. I think it would turn out better.

    I think next time I will use same marinade, but pan sear each slice as I like the crisp but didn't get enough of that with this method. The middle didnt get that. Was excellent and sorry I was too excited to Chow down no taco pics.
    Traditional. Corn tortillas, white onion, cilantro, pineapple (pan seared), green Chile sauce.



    Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app
    http://www.firsttracksonline.com

    I wish i could be like SkiFishBum

  24. #3324
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    livin the dream
    Posts
    3,688
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Depending on your cut size I'd say yes if you can really press the meat and keep it together. I think it would turn out better.

    I think next time I will use same marinade, but pan sear each slice as I like the crisp but didn't get enough of that with this method. The middle didnt get that. Was excellent and sorry I was too excited to Chow down now taco pics.
    Traditional. Corn tortillas, white onion, cilantro, pineapple (pan seared), green Chile sauce.



    Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Post that Ďnade!

    A good taqueria cuts the al pastor off the autodoner then crisps it on the plancha to get what your looking for....


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

  25. #3325
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    12,760
    You can learn a lot about pastor from doner and shawarma. They are all related.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •