Page 132 of 134 FirstFirst ... 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 LastLast
Results 3,276 to 3,300 of 3329

Thread: Watcha cookin'?

  1. #3276
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    30,122

  2. #3277
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    15,982
    Mmmmmm
    watch out for snakes

  3. #3278
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    6,573
    Nowhere near enough.

    https://www.chefsteps.com/activities...est-feast-ever

    Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    Tried doing sous vide of a half turkey breast this year at 145 for 3hrs, and then finished under the broiler until nicely browned. Unfortunately, some parts of the inside werenít entirely done. Next time Iíll have to use a meat thermometer during the oven part. I figured 3 hrs was surely enough time to cook through, but guess not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

  4. #3279
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    9,345
    Google isn't helping. I need a baked chicken casserole dish that, in the words of my wife is "saucy". And isn't made with a can of soup (barf).

  5. #3280
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Pagosa Springs CO
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Google isn't helping. I need a baked chicken casserole dish that, in the words of my wife is "saucy". And isn't made with a can of soup (barf).
    Roast a whole chicken in a pan over some veggies and potatoes and make a pan sauce on the stove top.
    It's on our menu for this Sunday.

  6. #3281
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    22,092
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

  7. #3282
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    12,419
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Google isn't helping. I need a baked chicken casserole dish that, in the words of my wife is "saucy". And isn't made with a can of soup (barf).
    https://carlsbadcravings.com/chicken-divan/

    But do add some mayo.

    PM me your e-mail address and I'll send you my recipe that I wrote in 2011.

    You could do a pot pie, too.

  8. #3283
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    slc
    Posts
    11,239
    https://www.rickbayless.com/recipe/e...-tacuba-style/

    These are fantastic. I usually double or triple the chiles since I like strong chile flavor. Can substitute rice flour and coconut milk to make it gluten and/or dairy free if needed. I've made it both ways and it tastes exactly the same. Scroll up to Xmas eve for pics.

  9. #3284
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    9,345
    Quote Originally Posted by Powder Ho View Post
    Roast a whole chicken in a pan over some veggies and potatoes and make a pan sauce on the stove top.
    It's on our menu for this Sunday.
    She's sick of roast chicken.

  10. #3285
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Pagosa Springs CO
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    She's sick of roast chicken.
    Has she had it with a marsalla mushroom sauce with a pinch of chipolte powder?

  11. #3286
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    9,345
    Quote Originally Posted by Powder Ho View Post
    Has she had it with a marsalla mushroom sauce with a pinch of chipolte powder?
    She hates mushrooms and Chipotle is too hot for her and her dad. I on the other hand love such a dish. Danno has me pointed in a right direction. Campbell's soup style casserole without using canned soup.

  12. #3287
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Pagosa Springs CO
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    She hates mushrooms and Chipotle is too hot for her and her dad. I on the other hand love such a dish. Danno has me pointed in a right direction. Campbell's soup style casserole without using canned soup.
    Bon appetite.
    If you were using canned soup I'd be forced to put you on ignore.

  13. #3288
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    9,345
    Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    https://carlsbadcravings.com/chicken-divan/

    But do add some mayo.

    PM me your e-mail address and I'll send you my recipe that I wrote in 2011.

    You could do a pot pie, too.
    Chicken Divan is also a right direction.

  14. #3289
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,933
    Just tried sous vide bacon. Holy crap, this is good!

    https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/...on-recipe.html

  15. #3290
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    TennesseeJed
    Posts
    9,562
    Air fryers... Amazing.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

    Brain dead and made of money.

  16. #3291
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,226
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Air fryers... Amazing.
    We got one recently and I'm hooked on it.

  17. #3292
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    No of SoBo, So of NoBo
    Posts
    2,273
    Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    We got one recently and I'm hooked on it.
    What's the difference between an air fryer and a regular convection oven? I thought they were basically the same thing - a heat source and a fan.
    Outlive the bastards - Ed Abbey

  18. #3293
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,226
    Dunno. I think the air fryer has wifi and apps that connect to Chinese data servers. Might have a camera as well.

    Convection oven is so 1983 Dodge Aries.

    Technology yo. Google that shit

  19. #3294
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    12,419
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegleg View Post
    What's the difference between an air fryer and a regular convection oven? I thought they were basically the same thing - a heat source and a fan.
    A convection oven is not a POS fad that can barely hold anything. Seriously.
    Read any review from a source worth its salt and you'll come to the same conclusion.

    I describe them as dedicated chicken nugget machines.

  20. #3295
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,226
    Chicky nuggies

  21. #3296
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    12,419
    Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Chicky nuggies
    They almost deserve their own thread.

  22. #3297
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    写道
    Posts
    11,504
    Pork chops cooked in vermouth, capers, cream, onions,...and some other shit. Served with buttered egg noodles and asparagus. Yum.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200107_185751.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	309786  
    °”rale, vato!

  23. #3298
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    TennesseeJed
    Posts
    9,562
    Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    A convection oven is not a POS fad that can barely hold anything. Seriously.
    Read any review from a source worth its salt and you'll come to the same conclusion.

    I describe them as dedicated chicken nugget machines.
    This one has 5200+ 4.5 star reviews. Not sure if Sean Brock or Thomas Keller are in there...

    https://www.amazon.com/COSORI-Electr...s%2C190&sr=8-5

    For 100 bucks, fucking thing kicks ass. Hop on Yummly and view the plethora of air fried deliciousness. https://www.yummly.com/recipes?q=air...-appended=true

    Crispy panko shrimp last night in 8 minutes... Keep it in the garage, in my food lab, so no smell...


    Air fryer GRILLED PEACHES!!!! Who let KQ have a Air Fryer?

    https://www.yummly.com/recipe/Air-Fr...eaches-9049304
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

    Brain dead and made of money.

  24. #3299
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    1,156
    I made homemade spaghetti olio aglio
    And fettuccine last month. A lot of work but fun

    Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

  25. #3300
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    9,345
    Did you go and get married again???

    Someone gave us that same mixer because it was missing the plastic knob for speed control. Now I need accessories. Reccs? Brand? Or no-name? I want a meat grinder. Pasta maker would be nice.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •