Page 103 of 304 FirstFirst ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 7597

Thread: Watcha cookin'?

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Works great until they won't go to sleep because they are too hungry.

Yep, she still didn’t care..... I’m the youngest of a large irish family. She didn’t care if I was up all night crying about how hungry I was or not. She was going to be up waiting for my sister and brothers to come home from whatever the fucken craziness they were doing anyways.....

Had to walk uphill to school too..... Both fucken ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Skistack View Post
    Looks like a Benihana.

Actually, it looks better than Benihana. Can you do the onion volcano trick?
    I have always wanted to dress the part and sneak into one of those places and then just making a fucking mess trying to do all the tricks. It would be hilarious, and I'd have a good story to tell.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

So last night I did a three way taste test. Honestly, they all pretty much tasted the same.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

I wouldn't be surprised if all of those were made in exactly the same facility

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    Man, you guys are nice to your kids.

Mom always gave me a choice. I could eat what she made, or I could go hungry. The decision was up to me, it didn’t matter to her either way....
    That's mostly what we do for dinners, but we do make sure to make things that there's a reasonable chance she'll like (i.e. she doesn't like mushrooms or anything super spicy, so we make sure there's an option that doesn't include them). The spanikopita are for other meals (lunches, and seriously she eats them for breakfast a couple of days a week).
    Outlive the bastards - Ed Abbey

Watcha cookin'?

My kids eat what we eat. They have the option not to eat, but I don’t recall them ever taking it. Seems like feeding them nugs for every meal would be more likely to lead to an eating disorder.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by Skistack View Post
    Looks like a Benihana.

Actually, it looks better than Benihana. Can you do the onion volcano trick?
    I'm fatter. I mean I'm flattered.

Benihana is pretty fucking good.

I can't do any tricks.... yet.

We're a mix. Kid eats some of what we eat but not all. Especially since we're keto. Usually she'll eat the protein but not the sides.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0751.JPG 
Views:	77 
Size:	234.6 KB 
ID:	263399

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

So, it was good?
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegleg View Post
    Some New Years Eve cioppino, made with mussels, dungeness crab, scallops, mahi and sockeye salmon. Tasty.
    That looks amazing.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    We're a mix. Kid eats some of what we eat but not all. Especially since we're keto. Usually she'll eat the protein but not the sides.
    Respect. Was keto for 5 weeks last February. I couldn’t kick the keto flu symptoms. I blame keto flu but probably just a dearth of self discipline. Consolation prize was going grain free. Best (non-skiing related) decision I’ve made in years

Does your daughter know what “keto” is/that you’re keto? Tried to sell it to my 12 year old bro but he wasn’t buying it

Lady friend called me from work to say she was having a bad day and wasn't going to make drinks last night.

When she got home I had French Toast, strawberries and bananas, slivered candied hazelnuts, strawberry compote, and whipped cocnut cream with a dash of almond extract sitting on a warm plate.

Everyone sure seems to be in a better mood this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by beasttowest View Post
    Respect. Was keto for 5 weeks last February. I couldn’t kick the keto flu symptoms. I blame keto flu but probably just a dearth of self discipline. Consolation prize was going grain free. Best (non-skiing related) decision I’ve made in years

Does your daughter know what “keto” is/that you’re keto? Tried to sell it to my 12 year old bro but he wasn’t buying it
    I didn't find the transition to keto that hard, but my wife did. The flu can be beat (or mitigated, at least) by lots of water and electrolytes.

Daughter is almost 8 and she absolutely knows what keto is, generally, and that we do it, but we make no effort to feed her that way. Pasta is like half of her diet so she would be upset! But she does eat the meats we prepare, and some of the veggies (she likes brussel sprouts, asparagus, sometimes cauliflower or broccoli). But she also wants bread, pasta, tortilla, etc. Her diet is pretty standard kid.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Realized last night that the mostly unused package of corn tortillas in my fridge was not in very good shape - the top tortillas were dried out, and the bottom ones were soggy. Heated up some oil, cut them into quarters, and fried them into tortilla chips. Holy guacamole, so good - light years better than any storebought tortilla chips, and better than most restaurants as well. Tasty way to use up what otherwise would've ended up in the compost bin.
    Outlive the bastards - Ed Abbey

Tonight I made baked chicken parmesan, ribbon zucchini, and homemade Rosemary focaccia. Topped it off with fresh strawberry compote and a angel food "shortcake" style.

Muggle food
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Key wat with homemade injera. That was a 3 day process just for the dough.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    Muggle food
    I lol'ed

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Stainless Hibachi and Used Car Supply

Blackstone FTW. Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    I lol'ed
    You guys are handicapped

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    Blackstone FTW. Nice!
    Best purchase I've made in 10 years. Fucking thing is awesome.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Watcha cookin'?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4346.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	264790Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4350.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	1.50 MB 
ID:	264791

Meatchurch rubs are pretty good

God damn. Why is uploading photos on this phone app so fucking dumb?

My wife just made a squash quiche with feta a little parm and a leftover breakfast sausage. Damn. Highly recommend.

The sweet squash really goes well with the tangy cheese.