Page 203 of 304 FirstFirst ... 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 ... LastLast
Results 5,051 to 5,075 of 7597

Thread: Watcha cookin'?

Watcha cookin'?

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Brisket enchiladas tex mex restaurant style. Guajillo sauce, arbol chili hot sauce, refried beans, salsa all from scratch. Really happy with my current bean method.

Attachment 372203
    I reckon I’d eat that plate clean before I could ask “Canadian TexMex?” Yum.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Spinach and chicken manicotti.

Dude, that looks proper. Mmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Same with lengua. Used to be pretty cheap and now it's kind of pricey. But I guess there is only one per cow.
    Less they come up with a two headed cow I guess. This German joint I used to go to about every night, hand written menu, if they didn’t have schnitzel or sauerbraten, I’d wind up with tongue more often than I’d prefer on account of being able to pronounce the dish with no firm understanding of what I might be getting, but it was always good. Same way I wound up with tripe 3 or 4 times a month. Tongue I’d eat again by choice. Tripe... I dunno...

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    okay that looks tasty as hell

in the summer time we will get pre-marinated flank steak from the local mexican market for like $7 a pound and it's absolutely amazing. such a good cut of meat, and so easy to bring home and grill.

i'm hungry now, thanks
    Hehe, thx. Shoot man 7 bucks a pound pre marinated; that rates a pretty strong buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Store bought brisket, HEB style?

Canadian here with a brisket question. Please go easy, we don't have tons of experience here.

My sister used to bring up pit smoked briskets when visiting here that were sold and I believe branded by HEB. I assume this is pretty low grade stuff but I loved it and still think about it. It was mostly that perfect soft moist beef texture. We would heat it gently, slice and make tex mex stuff with it.

Can I make a half decent version of this with a half a brisket in the oven?

I'd love to smoke a brisket but my smoker is basically useless for long sessions. I understand I could smoke for a bit then continue in the oven. Am a bit afraid of the hold.

Any ideas?
    I cook brisket wrapped in foil and placed on a cookie sheet. I add whatever seasonings I am in the mood for, mix them and sprinkle or rub them on the brisket. Usually salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder, season salt, maybe a bit of Chile powder, sometimes a touch of cayenne. At times I add some brown sugar.

If I want it for mexican I usually add a touch of ground clove and cinnamon.

I wrap the brisket so that the first bottom later deserves foul serves as a catch for all of the wonderful drippings it creates. I usually wrap the brisket in 4 layers of foil. Be sure the brisket fatty side up.

It is an easy and absolutely delicious meal. I usually cook a brisket for about 4 hours at 250. Thicker takes longer.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

This is a bit of a photo dump from the last 10 months or so. The thing I've really enjoyed is cooking with venison I've harvested. I got a grinder and a deep freeze and those have been two of my best purchases.

A venison pot roast I made recently. With spinach and mushrooms on the side opposed to potatoes. It was summer and the lighter side was a nice change-up.

Name:  pot roast-resize.JPG
Views: 567
Size:  205.8 KB

hind quarter roast prepping for the oven

Name:  IMG_3703.JPG
Views: 644
Size:  3.73 MB

stuffed peppers

Name:  stuffed pepper small.JPG
Views: 571
Size:  53.1 KB

Name:  stuffed pepper cooked small.JPG
Views: 538
Size:  43.2 KB

420 special. Venchiladas. These are leftovers. Didn't get a shot of the main dish coming out of the oven.

Name:  venchilada small.JPG
Views: 563
Size:  33.1 KB
    Hamme one dem beers

Quote Originally Posted by SHarmon View Post
    I love pasta So I did one of my favourites, a tomato sauce with crushed fennel; toasted
    seeds and tinned Ortiz tuna (best in the world), in good tomato sauce.

Attachment 372044
    Lotta skiing in Wales?

https://www.cookingbites.com/threads...8/#post-194026

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    I haven't bought stock in years cuz the homemade stuff is too good. I make a batch in the instapot about every ten days and then just pack it hot into quart mason jars and toss them in the fridge for later use.

Super easy way to make my food taste better plus I can customize the flavor to suit my cooking. Always throw a little mirin, miso paste, & msg in addition to the traditional assortment of veg and aromatics.
    Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    yum

making stock

save all bones and veggie trimmings and leftovers in freezer then slow cook the fuck out of it

Attachment 372062

this one has pig, cow and chicken, onion, carrot, spinach etc
    nice!

Wish I'd make my own stock more often I lack the discipline. I use the powdered or cubed stuff most of the time and then buy it from the carton when I can't do that. Cooking for one person and you'll take shortcuts. My friend and I banter All the time bout food and I will tell him what I cooked but then say something like "now, if i was serving it to someone, I woulda.... "

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    If Sharmon isn't a bot, what is it?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    nice!

Wish I'd make my own stock more often I lack the discipline. I use the powdered or cubed stuff most of the time and then buy it from the carton when I can't do that. Cooking for one person and you'll take shortcuts. My friend and I banter All the time bout food and I will tell him what I cooked but then say something like "now, if i was serving it to someone, I woulda.... "
    You should try Better than Bouillon. Not as good as homemade but WAY better than powdered/cubed, and more convenient than boxed, unless you can use a whole box pretty quick. They always have it at our Costco, or you can 1/4 of the amount for the same price at any grocery store. It also lasts forever in the fridge.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    You should try Better than Bouillon. Not as good as homemade but WAY better than powdered/cubed/boxed. They always have it at our Costco, or you can 1/4 of the amount for the same price at any grocery store. It also lasts forever in the fridge.
    This
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    This
    3rd'ed. We get the chicken, beef, and veg from Costco. Super convenient and does a good job if you don't have homemade.

Throw a spoonful in the water when you start making rice. BAM!

You should try Better than Bouillon. Not as good as homemade but WAY better than powdered/cubed, and more convenient than boxed, unless you can use a whole box pretty quick. They always have it at our Costco, or you can 1/4 of the amount for the same price at any grocery store. It also lasts forever in the fridge.
    I make my own chicken stock when I gather enough backs and wings to do so...but I always have that stuff in the fridge. Its rated #1 in all the “best stock” articles from CI, ATC, BA, etc...

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Whenever I go to Costco I pick up a chicken, put the meat in the fridge, then use the carcass as the base for the stock. Comes out a little more slutty than the stuff I make with regular chicken trimmings but it's pretty tasty.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Whenever I go to Costco I pick up a chicken, put the meat in the fridge, then use the carcass as the base for the stock. Comes out a little more slutty than the stuff I make with regular chicken trimmings but it's pretty tasty.
    We do the same thing, fantastic for multiple things. I’ve also made stock from whole chickens I’ve smoked for a pasta dish. Then use it for risotto and gives it a great light smoked flavor.

Throw a spoonful in the water when you start making rice. BAM!
    I usually get the little knorr single use stock concentrates and do this. Biggest cooking hack I've probably learned in the past few years and so easy!

Slutty chicken is always a winner.

A couple of recent decent meals.....

Bulgogi with kimchee.

Fried some duck then made frittes in the fat.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3250.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	915.7 KB 
ID:	372431   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3245.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	956.8 KB 
ID:	372432  
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

What's the WFH crew eating for lunch that's quick and won't give you a heart attack? I have some kind of chopped salad with roasted / grilled / sauteed veggies almost every day but it might be nice to expand my horizons.

love bulgogi.... that looks really good.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    What's the WFH crew eating for lunch that's quick and won't give you a heart attack? I have some kind of chopped salad with roasted / grilled / sauteed veggies almost every day but it might be nice to expand my horizons.
    I rotate between deli sandwiches, similar salads to what you mention, dinner leftovers and the occasional frozen Trader Joe’s Indian or Mexican dish. It’s been much healthier and cheaper than eating out at the office every day.

Leftovers.

Tacos, duh.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    I usually have a big pot of veggie soup on hand. Quick easy and delicious.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210422_211828.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	372462